Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 115 mal aufgerufen
 - Ankündigungen -
carrie201918 Offline

17.05.2019 03:51
Paul Pogba, Moussa Sissoko....Victor Anichebe. Niall Quinn gives his verdict on the hits and misses from the 2016 summer signing Antworten

Paul Pogba, Moussa Sissoko....Victor Anichebe. Niall Quinn gives his verdict on the hits and misses from the 2016 summer signings. I dont know how many times Jools Holland has ushered in the new year with his Hootenanny, but I know a little of how he feels. Transfer Deadline Day in the Sky Sports studio has the same elements. A months hype, the countdown, the drama, then the fireworks. Except we cant pre-record the entire thing.Like New Years Eve, there is plenty of time for disappointment and regret once the clock signals the windows end. I imagine managers texting each other in the cold light of the next morning. I really love him. But Arsene, you loved Andrey Arshavin too. In the studio we get to sit and judge, like drill sergeants watching a new batch of pimply recruits arrive into the barracks. Unless you get a strange story like Peter Odemwingies day trip to London or Anthony Martial signing on to be part of Uniteds Great Futures Behind Them collection, there is a lot of time for speculating about who will sleep with the fishes and who will swim with the dolphins?As we get to the last international break of the year I see the papers and the internet are boiling again with rumours of the frenzy to come in the approaching window, so it seems like a good time to look at a few of the hits and misses from the latest summer session.One of the best stories of the back end of summer was Moussa Sissoko. Everton thought he was ready to sign a pre-nup and tie the knot. Then he was worryingly uncontactable. Everton were about to call in Liam Neeson to track him down when Sissoko turned up in London wearing a Spurs jersey. Watch highlights of Spurs draw with Arsenal The fee of £30m was about double what Spurs generally like to pay for incoming players. His form so far has probably been about half what they expect from those players. Sissokos handful of appearances so far have not produced any goals or assists.Generally though, Sissokos disappointing start goes under the radar because the best story of the summer was Paul Pogbas return to Old Trafford. It was the sort of deal which would have Sir Alex Ferguson spinning in his VIP box and screaming to be let out.The idea to write about the form of the big summer transfers came before Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic spent Sunday afternoon pawing the dead mouse that is Swansea. But even taking into account that the win was Uniteds best performance outside of England this year, the jury must still be out on Pogba and Zlatan.United look like a troubled club and at the moment the guys picking up the heaviest wage packets every month have not been performing on match days. Maybe at 35 Zlatan should have looked for a gentler pasture in which he could transition into retirement. He has been playing professional football in top divisions since 1999. Thats a lot of mileage. Niall Quinn on Ibrahimovic There are various reasons. Maybe at 35 Zlatan should have looked for a gentler pasture in which he could transition into retirement. He has been playing professional football in top divisions since 1999. Thats a lot of mileage. He still works hard. However, fewer things come off for him.He scored 113 goals in 122 games in France. His patchy form at United compared to Mario Balotellis exciting form at Nice these days tells us a lot about the difference between playing in France and playing in England.Pogba, meanwhile, thrived in a different midfield set up in a different league that is played at a different pace. Great goal yesterday, but his season can go one of two ways from here. Jose may get his midfield right (Michael Carrick yesterday was a good sign) and Pogba might start to look like a Rolls Royce. Or he may struggle at this turbulent club and with that price tag he may become a human shield for his manager. Watch Paul Pogbas brilliant goal against Swansea As for Henrikh Mkhitaryan? You just never know whats around the corner do you Henrikh?The best transfers have been the ones which didnt attract screaming headlines. On transfer deadline night I did some weeping and gnashing of teeth when Sunderland failed to sign a new striker. They picked up Victor Anichebe on a free soon after and I thought that even with my aches and pains Id back myself to beat him in 40-yard sprint. I also thought that neither of us should attempt any distance longer than that without emergency medical services present.But wait. I saw Anichebe play for Sunderland at Bournemouth on Saturday and I ate some humble pie at half-time. David Moyes surprised Eddie Howe (and maybe surprised himself) by putting out an attacking team with Anichebe, in his first start, playing up front to take some pressure off Jermain Defoe. It worked. And Anichebe worked. He scored one and got fouled for the penalty, which gave Defoe his mandatory place on the score sheet. Victor Anichebe was the match-winner for Sunderland at Bournemouth Nobody is saying that Sunderland will be fending off Pogba style offers to keep Anichebe next summer, but he gave Sunderland some presence on Saturday, he gave them a goal, a win and a boost to morale with the promise that playing some attacking football might be a worthwhile exercise after all.Chelsea picking off NGolo Kante from the Leicester herd when they were down at the watering hole in the summer was just the law of the jungle. The deal was a quiet, efficient piece of business which has hurt Leicester badly and helped Chelsea no end. Kante and Nemanja Matic in central midfield are the motor which makes Chelsea rival Liverpool as the most improved team of the year so far.Since Antonio Conte found a formula he likes and is familiar with, Chelsea have won five games on the trot. The players around Kante are all suddenly looking as if they have been reconditioned. Thats the sign of a good midfielder, a good signing. Special mentions too for Marcos Alonso and David Luiz who have settled in really well. NGolo Kante (left) and Nemanja Matic have impressed for Chelsea None of the players Leicester bought as they broke their old transfer record a few times over in the summer have come close to making up for the loss of Kante.There have been other good signings about the league. With the amount of football he has in him John Stones could be the next Bobby Moore for England. Its surprising that Manchester City didnt experience more competition for his signature. I would have thought that his style would suit most of the top continental sides. Their loss is Peps gain. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. In a week when City beat Barcelona it is easy to forget that Guardiolas project is still a work in progress. I think weve have seen contrasting returns on investment so far from Citys two big German signings in the summer; Leroy Sane and Ilkay Gundogan.Sane came back from the Euros a little late and has struggled with fitness, which is natural enough for a 20-year-old hitting the Premier League. In flashes he has shown that over the course of what is going to be a long season for City he could emerge to look like decent business, but we havent seen nearly enough yet. John Stones joined City from Everton Gundogans performance and two goals against Barcelona marked the occasion of him dropping his calling card at the Etihad. Apart from a knack of getting goals, among other virtues he looks like the cure to the brittleness which has troubled City for a while.When Transfer Deadline Day passed without Jurgen Klopp buying a shiny new striker I wondered if he had feet of clay after all. With 30 goals from 11 Premier League games and a top of the table seat this morning, Klopp has won that argument.His high-energy game is high attrition too, in terms of injuries and fatigue, so I still think he might splurge for a top forward in January. In the meanwhile, if Sadio Mane can escape the inconsistency he suffered from at Southampton he could prove to be the most inspired buy of the season.Elsewhere, what weve seen of Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg at Southampton confirms their shrewd eye. Hats off to Arsene who has bought very well other than mortgaging the house for a 20-goal-a-season striker as we all instructed him to. Pity Lucas Perez hasnt got in on the act yet. Sadio Mane scored twice as Liverpool thrashed Watford at the weekend Joe Allen was a neat bit of business for Stoke, he deserves a snappier nickname than the Midlands Andrea Pirlo. Victor Wanyama has been a typical bit of efficient Spurs business. Yannick Bolasie has looked decent at Everton though hell hope to have better days than he did on Saturday. If not he will need counselling.Mid-term report for the recruits of summer 2016? Some successes, some shrewd buys, a long list of flops, misfits and ones for the future. You look down the list of who bought who and how their teams are doing and even if you take away the hype surrounding Premier League managers now, generally the best ones have spent cleverly.The Manchester United managers performance in his first window is the exception to that rule and following his January dealings alone should be great fun. Will Jools be singing Cool For Cats or Up The Junction to Jose? Get Sky Sports Alerts Breaking news, line ups and goal alerts from your football club - direct to your mobile Also See: WATCH: Premier League goals Premier League hotlist Could Leicester get relegated? Live on Sky Julian Draxler Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . Crawford hit his slam off Pirates starter Edinson Volquez to give San Francisco a four run lead in the fourth and they never looked back. Brandon Belt had three runs batted in as well. Bumgarner pitched all nine innings and allowed just four hits. Kylian Mbappe Paris Saint-Germain Jersey .C. -- After turning Tobacco Road into "Raleigh Top," Tennessee is headed to the round of 16. http://www.psgsoccershop.com/c-4-thiago-...-fc-jersey.aspx. Pekovic had an MRI test Tuesday on his right ankle that revealed bursitis, which is inflammation of the fluid-filled pad that cushions the joint. Marquinhos Jersey . Pedroia reached the milestone with a little panache, hitting a grand slam in the sixth inning and propelling the Boston Red Sox to a 7-1 win over the Oakland Athletics on Friday night. Julian Draxler Jersey . The 36-year-old said a few months ago he would hang up his boots at the end of the season, but has since changed his mind. "Its a pity the season is ending now, as I am in good physical shape and enjoying myself," Di Natale said.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Chicago scored in a variety of ways to produce the Cubs best offensive nights of the young season. Anthony Rizzo hit a two-run homer before drawing a career-high four walks and Nate Schierholtz drove in three runs, rallying Chicago over the Cincinnati Reds 9-4 Wednesday night. Starlin Castro went 3 for 4 with two doubles for the Cubs, who matched their season-high in runs on the way to their second win in their last three games following a four-game losing streak. "We had good at-bats all night," Rizzo said. "Schierholtz had a huge at-bat in the ninth." Brayan Pena hit a solo homer for the Reds, who have lost four of five. Edwin Jackson (2-2) beat Cincinnati for the second time this year, allowing four runs and five hits in 5 2-3 innings. Brian Schlitter, Wesley Wright, Neil Ramirez and Hector Rondon combined for two-hit relief. "Its a good feeling," Jackson said about turning the game over to the bullpen. "We have confidence in those guys. Were confident that theyre going to come in and pick up the slack." With the score tied 3-3 in the fifth, the Cubs loaded the bases with no outs against reliever Nick Christiani (0-1). Mike Olt hit into an RBI forceout, and Schierholtz followed with a sacrifice fly. Manager Rick Renteria wasnt surprised to see his Cubs string together productive at-bats. "Weve been having a tough time trying to tack on runs and score runs," he said. "Today was an example of what we can do. "It was a good day all around," the first-year manager added. "(Jackson) kept us in the game and the relief pitching did a nice job." Schierholtz added a two-run single off Sean Marshall against a drawn-in infield in a four-run ninth. "It was good to see Nate get a hit there," Renteria said. Chicago needed just three batters to take a 2-0 lead in the first on Emilio Bonifacios leadoff single and the left-handed hitting Rizzos 426-foot, opposite-field homer to left-centre off of left-hander Tony Cingrani. "Its really early,&" Rizzo said.dddddddddddd "Im just trying not to do too much, especially against left-handers. Im not trying to get three hits in one at-bat." Todd Frazier tied the score with a two-out, two-run double in the half. Pena, signed by the Reds as a free agent in November, gave the Reds a 3-2 lead when he homered leading off the second -- his first home run since Aug. 11. His previous NL homer was for Atlanta against the Marlins on April 13, 2007. Castros single tied the score in the third. Cincinnati starter Tony Cingrani gave up three runs and six hits in four innings. "Im just a little fatigued," said Cingrani, whose velocity noticeably dropped in his last inning. "I was labouring. I dont know what it is about the first inning. Ive just got to pitch." Cingrani denied that he was having back problems, which forced him to spend time on the disabled list last season. "My back is fine," he said. "Ill make some minor adjustments and see how it goes." Manager Bryan Price believes his left-hander is simply in a slump. "Cingrani wasnt real sharp," he said. "His velocity started to back down that last inning. I didnt think we should send him back out there and expect different results. Other than his first starts against St. Louis, hes been finding his way. We just want to make sure hes strong. He hasnt been sharp lately." Brandon Phillips had an RBI single in the fifth, his eighth hit in his last 46 at bats (.174). NOTES: Reds manager Bryan Price confirmed that LHP Aroldis Chapman will start and pitch one inning for Class A Dayton on Thursday in the first game of his minor league injury rehabilitation assignment. Price expects Chapman to make four appearances over seven to 10 days in the minors. Chapman had a plate inserted above his left eye to heal fractures from a line drive on March 19. ... The Cubs are scheduled to open a five-game homestand on Friday against St. Louis. The Reds are scheduled to open a four-game home series Thursday against Milwaukee, the team with the big leagues best record. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz