Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 83 mal aufgerufen
 Das Forum
carrie201918 Offline

27.05.2019 05:11
MONTREAL -- Troy Smith is looking like he will grow into the job as the Montreal Alouettes starting quarterback after all. After Antworten

MONTREAL -- Troy Smith is looking like he will grow into the job as the Montreal Alouettes starting quarterback after all. After the offence was stifled in a season opening loss last week in Calgary, Smith and the entire Alouettes team were a notch better in a 24-9 victory over the struggling B.C. Lions on Friday night. Montreal (1-1) posted the first win by an East Division team over a western club this season and dropped the Lions to 0-2. "There wasnt a lot of difference in play calls, it was just the quarterback making different reads and doing different things," said Smith. "Obviously, having a little more time with the co-ordinator and the offensive line coach is going to help you. "Im kind of greedy in the sense that I like throwing touchdown passes and I didnt get one, so Im still chomping at the bit to get my first one of the season, but if we keep getting wins, thats the most important statistic." Running back Brandon Whitaker and linebacker Chip Cox scored first quarter touchdowns and Sean Whyte kicked three field goals and a single for the Alouettes. The defence made the real difference, sacking B.C. starter Kevin Glenn five times, picking off two passes and recovering a fumble. Smith was sacked only once and was not picked off. Smith completed 17 passes for a relatively modest 187 yards, but he helped the Alouettes pick up 203 yards on the ground with a few timely rushing first downs. The Lions produced only one Paul McCallum field goal with Glenn at quarterback. Backup John Beck had an eight-yard TD toss to Courtney Taylor with 1:20 left in the game on a drive aided by three Montreal penalties. It was their first TD since they got two in the first quarter of a loss last week at home to Edmonton. "This is a tough business to be in because you can be so high one day and so low the next," said the 35-year-old Glenn, who became the starter when Travis Lulay was placed on the six-game injured list with a shoulder injury. "Weve just got to make sure we stick together and try to turn this thing around. "Its a long season. The most important thing is to stick together as a team." The concern for B.C. going into the game was having newcomer Ryan Cave starting at left tackle after only two practices with the team this week. It wasnt all his doing, but Montreal spent much of the first half in the Lions backfield, either sacking Glenn or hurrying throws. Bowman said the defence didnt key on Cave. "The way (defensive co-ordinator Noel Thorpe) called the game, it wasnt anything against Cave," said Bowman, whose four sacks was one short of a team record. "I actually thought he played OK. "Coach Thorpe called a masterful game. We didnt take advantage of one player, but their scheme in general." The defence came up with the first score 7:36 into the game on a play that had the crowd of 20,018 on its feet. Defensive lineman Scott Paxson reached up a hand to pick off Glenns throw, then flipped the ball to Cox to run 20 yards into the end zone. It was a fifth career TD for Cox. "I had contain on that play," said Paxson. "The quarterback threw the ball a little low and I got my hands on it. After that, I wasnt really thinking. I saw I was about to be tackled so I pitched it to Chip." Cox had one defensive tackle, leaving the 2013 outstanding defensive player two short of moving into the top-10 in CFL history. Smith led a nine-play, 71-yard drive capped by Whitakers 32-yard TD run at 13:27. Whyte added a pair of field goals in the second quarter, one of them set up by an Andrew Harris fumble that was recovered by Jerald Brown on the B.C. 43 yard line. The other came after Smiths 37-yard pass to S.J. Green, which appeared to hit the ground. However, B.C. coach Mike Benevides said spotters got the replay late and the referee ruled that the next play had started before the challenge flag was thrown. "That would have been a difference of three points," Benevides said. "Id love to get the replay on time." Montreal back-up quarterback Tanner Marsh fumbled on a third-and-short play into Solomon Elimimians hands at the Montreal 40 to set up McCallums 24-yard field goal to put B.C. on the board 5:41 into the second half. Glenn had a promising drive die when he was intercepted by Marc-Olivier Bouillette in the end zone early in the fourth quarter. Glenn threw only seven picks all of last season with Calgary, but has six in two games with the Lions. B.C. finally scored with Beck in the game. "I wanted Beck to get some work,"said Benevides. "He had some time to warm up, so I got him in there to get some game reps." The schedule doesnt get easier for the Lions, whose next game is at Saskatchewan on July 12. The Alouettes stay home to face 2-0 Winnipeg next Friday. Babe Herman Jersey .Y. -- Kristen Gillman rallied to win the U. Custom Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys . On the day the club activated Casey Janssen from the 15-day disabled list, his return from a strained oblique that cost him the first six weeks of the regular season, it announced Sergio Santos would be placed on the disabled list on Monday with discomfort in his right forearm. http://www.dodgerssale.com/. With one week left in the regular season, Cornish - voted The Toughest Player To Bring Down - is a leading candidate for the CFLs Most Outstanding Player award. He has rushed for 1,799 yards and could break Willie Burdens club record for rushing yards in a single season with a 98-yard performance against the B. Chris Taylor Jersey . Interestingly, the culprits were not rookies, but well paid, experienced pros. The first gaffe came in the 24th minute of arguably the biggest early season MLS game in history between Seattle and Toronto. Sounder newcomer Marco Pappa, (with over 100 MLS games, and 39 Guatemalan Caps to his name) attempted a back pass to one of his central defenders. Maury Wills Jersey . Edmonton opened the season with 14 straight victories before falling Friday night 10-8 to the host Colorado Mammoth in National Lacrosse League action. BALTIMORE -- There wont be too many games in which James Shields throws seven innings of three-hit ball and is upstaged by a teammate. This was one of them. Omar Infante homered and tied a career high with six RBIs to carry the Kansas City Royals over the Baltimore Orioles 9-3 on Sunday. Shields (3-2) allowed two runs, struck out six and walked two in winning his third straight start. The right-hander gave up only an infield hit in the first five innings and improved to 10-7 lifetime against Baltimore, including 7-2 at Camden Yards. Shields was more impressed with Infantes performance, which included a fine defensive play at second base against Baltimore leadoff hitter Jemile Weeks. "Omar, definitely the player of the game," Shields said. "It all started with that first play he made barehanded. He had a great day today. Definitely carried our team." Infante hit a run-scoring groundout in the first inning, a sacrifice fly in the third, a two-run double in the fifth and a two-run shot in the seventh. He entered with one home run and 11 RBIs in 21 games. "It was a great day for me," Infante said. "Im happy because that has not happened too many times for a player. It was a great day for the team. Ive been working hard in the cage. The last couple of days I hit a lot of fly balls. I dont like that; I want to drive the ball." The last time Infante had six RBIs was last Sept. 13 with the Tigers against Kansas City. The starter for the Royals that day was .... James Shields. "Im glad hes on my team now," Shields said. Nori Aoki scored three runs for the Royals, who took two of three from Baltimore to conclude a 3-4 road trip that began in Cleveland. Kansas City is 12-0 when scoring at least four runs and 0-12 when scoring three runs or fewer. "I take it we need to score four runs. Were trying to do it more," manager Ned Yost said. "Its just a testament to how good our pitching is, how good our bullpen is. How good our starting pitchers are, how consistent they are that we could have that kind of record." Nelson Cruz hit his seventh homer for the Orioles, who finished with five hits. Before the game, Baltimore pput slugger Chris Davis on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain.dddddddddddd Miguel Gonzalez (1-2) gave up four runs, three earned, and six hits in six innings. "Deserved a better fate," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. The Orioles quickly got a hint of what kind of day it was going to be when Aoki, leading off the first, hit a fly to centre that popped out Adam Jones glove for a three-base error. Infante followed with a grounder to shortstop that put the Royals ahead for good. "Missed it," Jones acknowledged. It wasnt the Orioles only mistake. "We made a couple of good decisions with pitchouts (but) we werent able to execute that," Showalter said. "Those are two free outs. Then obviously, Adams one of the best centre fielders in the game. So Im not going to lament that at all. Hes been a rock for us out there. You spot them, give them those type of things that they dont earn, with Shields on the mound, thats not a good combination." Baltimore fell to 0-7 in games it makes an error. The Orioles are 12-5 without committing an error. After Jarrod Dyson singled and scored in the third, singles by Alcides Escobar and Aoki preceded Infantes double in the fifth. Baltimore closed to 4-2 in the sixth when Jemile Weeks singled and Cruz homered to centre, but Kansas Citys four-run seventh against reliever Evan Meek turned the game into a blowout. After Infante connected, Alex Gordon doubled in two runs for an 8-2 lead. "The flood gates opened," Yost said. "That broke the game open at that point." Mike Moustakas doubled in a run off Ryan Webb in the ninth, and the Orioles scored in the bottom half on a wild pitch. NOTES: Orioles LF David Lough made a fine diving catch in the eighth inning to rob Dyson of a hit. ... Cruz has 25 RBIs this month. The club record for April is 31, by Miguel Tejada in 2005. ... Kansas City went 2 for 11 with runners in scoring position. Baltimore was 0 for 2. ... Dyson was 5 for 5 lifetime against Gonzalez before flying out in the fifth. ... Baltimores Nick Markakis got his 1,400th career hit, a single in the ninth inning. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz