Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 86 mal aufgerufen
 Das Forum
carrie201918 Offline

29.05.2019 05:20
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Blues were 2 for 2 to open the shootout. Robin Lehner was thinking, oh no, not again. The Ottawa Sena Antworten

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Blues were 2 for 2 to open the shootout. Robin Lehner was thinking, oh no, not again. The Ottawa Senators backup goalie shut the door the rest of the way and ended a career oh-fer in shootouts. "Hopefully, this will break a curse," Lehner said after Kyle Turris scored the deciding goal in the fifth round for a 5-4 Senators victory Tuesday night. "I know I can be good at it. Ive had a few bad ones in the beginning that snowballed and got in my head." Lehner had been 0-6 in shootouts, allowing 12 goals on 24 shots. It was 14 goals on 26 attempts after T.J. Oshie and Alexander Steen scored for St. Louis, but Lehner regrouped to stop Vladimir Tarasenko, Kevin Shattenkirk and Maxim Lapierre. Mika Zibanejad and Stephane Da Costa also scored in the tiebreaker for Ottawa. Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak had been 4-1 in shootouts, allowing just three goals on 16 shots. "To have the type of response we had in the third, to tie it up, to get the two points in a tough building against a very good team is huge," Turris said. "Robbie played unreal. Stood on his head." Oshie had a goal and an assist in regulation for the Blues, who lost at home to an Eastern Conference opponent for the first time in 10 games this season. St. Louis had a season-high 50 shots but squandered a two-goal cushion in the third period and missed two chances to close it out in the shootout. The Blues were 0 for 7 on the power play. St. Louis gave up a 2-1 lead in its last game at Nashville, then won in a shootout. "Were probably taking a step the wrong way when weve got the game in good hands," coach Ken Hitchcock said. "Were turning pretty comfortable games into track meets." Jason Spezza had his third three-point game of the season and capped a three-goal flurry in a span of 2:35 that gave Ottawa a 4-3 lead midway through the third. Erik Karlsson had a goal and an assist to give him 53 points, best among NHL defencemen. Turris also scored a goal. Blues defenceman Jordan Leopold tied it at 11:08 with his first of the season on an odd-angled shot that banged off Lehner. The attendance of 14,758 was more than 4,000 shy of capacity at the Scottrade Center, the crowd held down by a snowstorm that left roadways clogged. The Blues also set a season best with 23 shots in a two-goal second period, seemingly taking control with a 3-1 lead despite coming up empty with more than 2 minutes of a two-man advantage. "I think theres things weve got to clean up," Oshie said. "I dont think weve got to get too down on ourselves. "The guys that made the mistakes, they know that they made them. Well clean them up. Were going to be fine." The puck got lodged in the netting on Oshies goal that made it 3-2, a score that went unannounced until after Oshie pointed out the pucks location and then the play was reviewed. "It was still hanging there and people started shovelling the ice and I wanted to argue my case," Oshie said. "I knew it was in." Ottawa beat Jaroslav Halak for three goals in a span of four shots in the third, with Milan Michalek and Turris scoring. The Senators bounced back from a 2-1 overtime loss at Pittsburgh a night earlier. Besides scoring his first goal in 38 games with St. Louis over two seasons, Leopold also saved one in the second period. Karlssons shot trickled between Halaks pads and was on the goal line and still sliding when the defenceman swatted it away. The game began with the promise of fisticuffs from the Blues as retribution for an elbow to the head by Ottawas Zack Smith that was blamed for the concussion that sidelined Steen for 11 games in late December. Rugged Ryan Reaves was picked to take the opening faceoff for the Blues, presumably set to square off with Smith, but both players were whistled for minor unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in the opening minute and both teams settled down. Turris tied it on a pass that deflected off the skate of a Blues player at 7:02, and Spezza capitalized when the Blues failed to clear the puck out of the zone and beat Halak with a high drive that ticked off the stick of a defenceman for his 15th goal of the season and a 4-3 lead. NOTES: The Blues had outscored Eastern Conference foes 43-13 while going 9-0 to start the season. ... Leopold has six points in 22 games this season. ... Ottawa D Chris Phillips (lower body) missed his fifth straight game. ... Blues backup goalie Brian Elliott started for Ottawa in a 5-2 loss the last time the Senators played in St. Louis on Nov. 19, 2010. Mike Piazza Jersey . It was the start of one nice night for the goalie and the Minnesota Wild. Backstrom made 33 saves in his first win of the season and the Wild defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 5-3 on Saturday in a rematch of their first-round playoff series. Michael Conforto Jersey . Team officials travelled to Los Angeles on Thursday night to meet with the free agent, a person with knowledge of the plans said. http://www.metssale.com/mets-nolan-ryan-jersey/. Perhaps their first trip to the city of Winnipeg in 16 years can serve as the shakeup they need. Darryl Strawberry Jersey . Jean-Gabriel Pageau and Buddy Robinson scored 43 seconds apart in the second period to lead the Binghamton Senators to a 4-1 victory over the Bulldogs in American Hockey League action Friday night at the Bell Centre. Todd Frazier Jersey .C. United to a 4-1 victory over short-handed FC Dallas on Saturday night.CLEVELAND - The mistakes were inexcusable. Brian Hoyer didnt need anyone to tell him that.Clevelands quarterback spent part of Sunday beating himself up over his three interceptions before atoning for them by leading the Browns to a comeback win that could grow in significance as this season goes on.On Monday, Hoyers errors hadnt been forgotten. However, they had certainly been forgiven.I think the guys realize we wouldnt be where we are right now without Brian and that nobody is perfect, coach Mike Pettine said. When you see a guy whos that hard on himself and is that much of a perfectionist it means a lot and they are going to play for him.Hoyer may have saved Clevelands season — and maybe his job — with his gutty comeback in Atlanta. After throwing two interceptions in the fourth quarter, the second one leading to a field goal that gave the Falcons a 24-23 lead, Hoyer completed four passes in the final 44 seconds and drove the Browns in position to set up Billy Cundiffs 37-yard field goal as time expired.Before taking the field, wide receiver Andrew Hawkins said Hoyer, who had feared he had let his teammates down, gave them a quick pep talk.Brian was super poised, and before we went out there he said, Cmon guys, lets go down there and win this, Hawkins said. You know when Brian says that he means it so guys just stepped up to the plate.Following the game, Hoyer showed disgust and disappointment as he replayed the picks during an interview session. He was down despite the win, but Pettine said the QBs public acknowledgment of his miscues not only showed Hoyers leadership but a how close-knit the Browns have become.I just think thats what one of the biggest reasons why we are where we are, Pettine said. Guys care about each other, and they realize that theyre part of something bigger than themselves. I think that when youre involved in a team sport and you have that you have a chance to be special.Pettine said he never considered pulling Hoyer in favour of rookie backup Johnny Manziel.One of the leagues bigger surprises, the Browns (7-4) are in playoff contention and playing relevant games late in the season because of Hoyer, who also had Pro Bowl wide receiverr Josh Gordon on the field Sunday for the first time this season.dddddddddddd.Gordon caught eight passes for 120 yards, and his presence alone opened running and passing lanes.In the end, it was Hoyer who made the biggest plays, bouncing back from what he called the worst game of my career to deliver his fifth career fourth-quarter comeback win in just 14 starts.Hawkins said Hoyer has instilled a belief in the Browns.Ive said it before: I dont think theres ever a time during a game when we think were out of it because we have No. 6 running the show, said Hawkins, who had five catches for 93 yards. Its not just him. The guys around him are all busting their butts, but theres no question about it, hes the leader on offence. When you have confidence in your leader and he has confidence in himself and the rest of the team, the sky is really the limit on any given Sunday.On any given Sunday, the Browns are liable to make things interesting. Theyve had five games decided by three points or less and following the win in the Georgia Dome, Pettine could relax knowing that he, too, had overcome some coaching mistakes.Hoyer bailed himself and out, and everyone around him.Brian is very difficult on himself, Pettine said. Hes a competitor. Hes a perfectionist, and I just think in a sense he felt that...he was letting his teammates down with some of the plays that he had made. Sure, it obviously affected him, but I just think the way he handled it was outstanding — the resolve.Its a testament to his mental toughness and the teams mental toughness.NOTES: Pettine credited rookie OG Joel Bitonios hustling tackle for saving him when I lost my mind right before the half and decided to go for the 60-yarder. Cundiffs first attempt from 60 was short, but didnt count when the Falcons called time. Pettine had Cundiff try again, and Devin Hester returned it 75 yards and would have scored if not for Bitonio. That can end up being the play of the year for us, Pettine said. It makes my decision look not nearly as bad as it was. ... The Bills said Ralph Wilson Stadium will be ready for the Browns visit on Sunday.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz