Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 91 mal aufgerufen
 Das Forum
carrie201918 Offline

20.06.2019 05:07
ST. MARYS, Ont. -- Tim Raines and George Bell were both superstar outfielders who enjoyed their peak years in Canadian markets. Antworten

ST. MARYS, Ont. -- Tim Raines and George Bell were both superstar outfielders who enjoyed their peak years in Canadian markets. Their Canadian connection will live on for years to come. Raines and Bell will be officially inducted in the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame on Saturday. The Class of 2013 also includes former outfielder Rob Ducey, former announcer Tom Cheek and longtime minor-league owner Nat Bailey. "When you start playing professional baseball, you dont ever think about this," a smiling Raines said Friday. "When your career is over its when you really start thinking about it. But I never dreamed when I first signed out of high school that this day would ever come. "But its a special day, its a special achievement and its something you have until the day you die." Raines played in the outfield for six major-league teams from 1979 to 2002 and had a glorious run with the Montreal Expos through the 1980s. The seven-time all-star won two World Series as a player later in his playing career and added a third title as a coach. Nicknamed "Rock," he retired with a career .294 average with 2,605 hits, 170 homers and 808 stolen bases. "You knew when you were facing him, you were facing one of the best," said former Blue Jays closer Tom Henke, a 2011 Hall inductee. Bell spent 12 seasons in the major leagues with Toronto, the Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox but enjoyed his best success with the Blue Jays. The three-time all-star won the American League MVP with Toronto in 1987 after hitting .308 with 47 homers and 134 runs batted in. A lasting image for Toronto fans is of Bell making the game-ending catch in left field when the Blue Jays won their first American League East division title. "I think catching that last out in 1985 was the best (memory) ever," Bell said. "I went down on my knees and pray to the Lord. I (caught) the last out," he added. Ducey, a 48-year-old Toronto native who grew up in Cambridge, Ont., played for both Toronto and Montreal over his 13-year pro career. He played for Canada at the 2004 Athens Olympics and later moved into coaching. "I think a lot of the friendships and relationships over the course of 20 years, 25 years and even ongoing now, people you meet in the game and opportunities that present themselves because of the game," Ducey said of his special memories. "I think thats the fondest part of the whole deal." Cheek, who died in 2005, broadcast 4,306 consecutive Jays games from Torontos first-ever contest right up until June 2, 2004. He was recently named as the recipient of the 2013 Ford C. Frick Award for broadcasting excellence by the Baseball Hall of Fame and will be honoured again next month in Cooperstown. Bailey, who died in 1978, purchased the triple-A Vancouver Mounties in the mid-50s and helped raise the sports interest in the city. Bell, Raines and Ducey were on hand for a golf tournament and banquet on a rainy Friday morning in the small town of St. Marys, Ont., about a two-hour drive west of Toronto. They were all smiles as they shared some laughs with old friends and recalled the fond memories of their playing days. Raines said Montreal was a very special city for him. "It meant everything to me," he said. "Actually, I grew up in Montreal. I was a 19-year-old kid when I first went there and I was almost 30 when I left. Just the raw excitement of the fans, competing at the major-league level, it was like home for me. "I felt like I was an adopted son of Montreal and I enjoyed every minute of it." Bell, often a man of few words, was happy to be back in the area and proud of his latest accomplishment. "I think its one of the more beautiful honours you can have in baseball or any kind of sport," he said. Henke remembers Bell as being a tremendous competitor. "George was a guy youd want to go to war with," he said. "He was a great teammate." He recalled Bells leadership in the clubhouse really standing out. "George was an old-school guy where he took the young guys aside and said, Hey, this is the right way to do things, this is the wrong way to do things. This is the way youre supposed to act when youre in the big leagues," he said. "He was one of those type of guys that was able to do that with young players and I think everybody appreciated that." Raines, who like Bell is 53, recalled thriving off the energy in the stadium during his days patrolling the Montreal outfield. "I was a proud guy. I was a guy that had fun doing what I was doing and the fans got me excited to do what I did," he said. "For my teammates who played with me, they knew how I was. You couldnt tell if I went 0-for-5 or 5-for-5, I was the same guy and I just enjoyed the competition and the camaraderie with my teammates. "I just enjoyed playing the game." Cheap Kent Hrbek Jersey . Ibrahimovic put PSG ahead when he got in front of his marker to neatly flick in Lucass cross in the 59th minute. New signing Yohan Cabaye came on as a second-half substitute and headed Ezequiel Lavezzis cross against the post in the 87th. Moments later, Lucas set up another goal from the right when fellow countryman Alex turned in his corner with a strikers finish. Cheap Justin Morneau Jersey . -- Gary Harris gave No. http://www.cheaptwinsjerseys.com/?tag=ch...-puckett-jersey. Helwani said that Weidman has been dealing with recurring swelling and pain in his knees related to torn meniscus he suffered as a teenager and the problems came to a head last week when he suffered prolonged swelling and pain in his left knee, resulting in the decision to undergo an arthroscopic scope procedure to clean up the tear in both knees. Cheap Harmon Killebrew Jersey . Giants manager Bruce Bochy told The Associated Press of the decision before NL West-leading San Francisco opened a 10-game homestand Monday night with the first of three games against second-place Arizona. Cheap Tony Oliva Jersey . -- Brady Heslip scored a season-high 20 points to help Baylor beat No.RALEIGH, N.C. - Even as Buffalo goalie Michal Neuvirth made save after save Thursday night, the Carolina Hurricanes did not get frustrated. "We were creating a lot of opportunities," Carolinas Eric Staal said. "We knew that wed eventually break him." When it finally happened, the break came fast, with Alexander Semin and Jiri Tlusty scoring in a 1:55 span in the third period to give the Hurricanes the lead in a 4-2 victory over the Sabres. Semin tied it at 2 on a power play with 8:12 left, and Tlusty scored the game-winner with 6:17 to go. Carolina put up a season-high 55 shots against Neuvirth. "The guys did a good job of not getting frustrated," Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller said. "We talked after the second period and said, Lets take a breather, get our rest and lets focus — and lets play the same way." Jeff Skinner had a first-period goal — his 26th — to help Carolina win its second in a row after losing seven of eight. Nathan Gerbe added an empty-net goal with a second left. Cam Ward made 21 saves, making his second consecutive start after backstopping the Hurricanes to a 3-1 victory over the New York Rangers on Tuesday night. Tyler Ennis scored on a penalty shot and Drew Stafford added a goal for Buffalo. Neuvirths season-high 51 saves came in his second start for the Sabres since being acquired in a trade with Washington on March 5. "I thought he was good again," Buffalo coach Ted Nolan said. "The one thing our goalies are going to end up doing in the remaining 16 games we have — theyre going to get a lott of good looks and play for that position.dddddddddddd." Tlustys winner came after he took a pass from Semin, walked into the slot and beat Neuvirth with a wrist shot above the glove. Stafford scored with 11:17 left to give Buffalo a short-lived 2-1 lead. The Sabres Cory Conacher attempted a wraparound on the play, but the puck bounced off the skates of Tlusty and Carolina defenceman Andrej Sekera in the crease before coming to Stafford at the side of the net. Stafford snapped it past Ward for his third goal in three games. He has nine goals in his last 15 contests. Carolina tied it when Semins slap shot from the wing deflected off the skate of Buffalo defenceman Mike Weber in front of Neuvirth. It was only Carolinas second power-play goal since the Olympic break. The Hurricanes came into the game mired in a 1-for-32 slump with the man advantage. Buffalo opened the scoring midway through the opening period after Tlusty was called for slashing Ennis on a breakaway. Official Eric Furlatt called a penalty shot for the infraction, and Ennis beat Ward with a rising shot above his blocker. The Hurricanes tied it little less than 3 minutes later when Skinners shot from a sharp angle went under Neuvirths blocker. "That first goal they scored was not a very good goal for my part," Neuvirth said. Carolina dominated for long stretches of the second period, outshooting the Sabres 22-4. But the Hurricanes couldnt find a way to beat Neuvirth. NOTES: Carolina D Joni Pitkanen said his recovery from a broken heel was progressing and that he hoped to play next year. Pitkanen has missed the entire season. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz