Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Zauberreich
panxing18 Offline

25.06.2019 04:48
A bit of a changing of the guard this season for Ariz Antworten

ona"No Paul Goldschmidt. No A.J. Pollock. No Patrick Corbin. No Chris Owings. This winter has seen the departure of the four longest-tenured members of Arizona’s major-league roster. Goldschmidt played his first game for the Diamondbacks in 2011 http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey , with Pollock and Corbin both following suit one season later, and CO in 2013. With them gone, I thought it might be fun to look at the players still around, and see who has been on the major-league roster for longest - and also, who has been part of the organization for the greatest time overall. So, I took the current 40-man roster, together with a couple of non-roster invitees who have history in Arizona, and charted their time here. Turns out, the new “veteran” in terms of time on the D-backs roster is David Peralta. He’s one of four current players who made their debut in 2014, with the Freight Train first leaving the station on June 1 that year. Later that month, on the 29th, he was joined by Nick Ahmed. Jake Lamb showed up for the first time on August 7th, and Andrew Chafin got a cup of coffee when the rosters expanded, taking the mound on September 17th. Though among those four, Chafin had been with the organization for longest Bryce Harper Jersey , having been drafted in June 2011. At that point, for example, Peralta was still trying to re-invent himself as an outfielder back at home in Venezuela!That same draft as Chafin also brought the team Archie Bradley. Both were first-round picks, but Archie went higher (#7 vs. #43), so I guess that gives him bragging rights over Andrew, by a couple of hours! However, there’s one man who has been with the team still longer than either, and is about to start his tenth season in the Diamondbacks organization. You might be surprised to learn that it’s Socrates Brito. He was signed as an amateur free-agent by Arizona on April 28, 2010, more than a year before Chafin or Bradley came on board. Brito played his first game for us, in the Dominican Summer League on July 30, coming in as a replacement DH in the fifth inning. The chart below shows the info for everyone. Boxes in yellow are seasons where they were entirely in the minors; in Sedona red means they appeared in the majors (not necessarily for the entire season). There’s one white box, representing Rubby De La Rosa’s recovery from Tommy John Surgery. For 2019, I’ve taken my “best guess” as to where the player concerned will be: red and yellow mean the same, but there’s also grey Stephen Strasburg Jersey , indicating uncertainty. The first box for a player also shows how they came to the D-backs. Those abbreviations should largely be self-explanatory, except for IFA, which is short for “International Free Agent.” Have fun!Link to full version of chartDisclaimer. There’s probably an error in there somewhere. I just caught one before going to press, realizing Joey Krehbiel had NOT been with the team since 2011. Bonus points will be awarded to anyone who spots any others! Into the bears’ den go the snakes..."Bit of an interesting line-up this afternoon in Mesa, somewhere between the old and the new. Around the infield, we have Christian Walker, Wilmer Flores, Jazz Chisholm and Kelby Tomlinson, while the outfield has Rob Refsnyder, Socrates Brito and Yasmany Tomas. Save Flores, about the only certs among those playing the field for an Opening Day spot, is the battery of Zack Godley and Alex Avila. But it wouldn’t surprise me if two or three of the fringey others end up making it onto the roster. Those odds will go up is Jarrod Dyson’s MRI brings bad news. Though the team seems to be downplaying the odds of that to this point, and says they’re just being cautious. However, literally as I write this:Yeah, I’m not so sure. Elsewhere http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey , per Steve Gilbert, after Godley, the pitchers for Arizona today will be: RHP Ricky Nolasco, RHP Emilo Vargas, RHP Jimmie Sherfy, LHP Marc Rzepczynski, RHP Stefan Crichton. He also mentioned that Taylor Clarke is scheduled to start tomorrow’s game before Merrill Kelly on Thursday. The first cycle through the rotation is probably a bit early to be predictive, but it may be worth noting that Clarke gets to start, while Jon Duplantier threw in relief. However, Duplantier threw two innings, which is likely what we’ll see from Clarke today, and next time through, we may see their roles reverse. More on that tomorrow though. This is a dbacks.com webcast, so you can tune in and listen to this one.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz