Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 97 mal aufgerufen
 Das Forum
carrie201918 Offline

25.06.2019 05:18
TORONTO -- Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said it best in his post-game press conference: "Dave Bolland has a history of s Antworten

TORONTO -- Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said it best in his post-game press conference: "Dave Bolland has a history of scoring big goals." Bolland, who scored the Stanley Cup-clincher for the Chicago Blackhawks last season, got the game-winner in overtime as the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Edmonton Oilers 6-5 in a back-and-forth game Saturday night at Air Canada Centre. Bolland finished off a 3-on-1 rush with Cody Franson and Mason Raymond just over two minutes into the extra period. He now has three goals on the season, two of them game-winning goals. "We have confidence, we just dont give up," Bolland said. "In Chicago, when I was there, wed be down 5-4 or 5-1 against teams and we knew we could come back. We have that feeling in the room. If were down, we can come back." Bollands goal came after Joffrey Lupul had tied the game in the final minute of regulation with goalie Jonathan Bernier pulled for an extra attacker. "We got a lot of experience in here, a lot of character players," said James van Riemsdyk. "We dont ever quit and thats a huge attribute to have ... We never seem to stop playing and thats key." The win improved the Leafs record to 5-1-0, while the Oilers, who began a six-game road trip, dropped to 1-3-1. The lead changed hands six times and neither team was up by more than a goal at any point of the game. "It was back and forth, and we kept coming," said Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf. "Thats probably one of the most momentum swings -- back and forth, back and forth -- that youre going to see. Wed like to come out on the winning end and we did." Lupul and Van Riemsdyk each had two goals for Toronto, and Nazem Kadri had the other. Bernier, making his third straight start, stopped 26 shots for the win. Ryan Smyth replied with a pair of goals for Edmonton. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Boyd Gordon and Jordan Eberle had the others, while Devan Dubnyk made 20 saves and Mark Arcobello added three assists. "Our guys were battling hard and we couldnt keep the surge from coming," said head coach Dallas Eakins. "I thought we were doing a lot of great, great things and it just seemed like that puck kept coming in our net." The opening period was an omen for things to come as the teams each scored a pair of goals. Edmonton opened the scoring just over five minutes into the first on a controversial goal. Bernier went behind the net to play the puck around the boards and Eberle clipped his right foot as he tried to squeeze between Bernier and the post. Bernier tripped, Eberle got the puck out front and it deflected off Smyths skate over Bernier as he scrambled back into the net. "I thought I made the right play," Bernier said. "He kinda caught me from behind, so thats why I was late on that play. But thats part of the game and thats the referees call." Toronto tied the game at 9:47 on a weak goal. Kadri took a pass from Raymond at the left faceoff dot and roofed a wrist shot over Dubynk just a few feet from the goal-line. The Leafs took the lead on a power-play goal at 15:26 of the period. Van Riemsdyk tipped a wrist shot from the point by Cody Franson past Dubynk for his fourth goal of the season. The Oilers got that goal back with less than two minutes left in the period on a 5-on-3 power play. With Colton Orr and Van Riemsdyk in the penalty box, Nugent-Hopkins snapped a shot from the slot that snuck between Berniers right arm and his body into the net. The teams split a pair of goals in the second period, and the back-and-forth hockey continued in the third. After Eberle and Van Riemsdyk exchanged goals, the Oilers reclaimed the lead at 11:27 to make it 5-4 when Smyth got his second of the game, finishing off a passing play from Eberle. That lead stood until the final minute of the third when Lupul tied it with a shot from the bottom of the left circle, allowing Bolland to complete the comeback for Toronto. "My teeth are going to be ground down by the 20-game mark if we keep playing the way we did tonight, as far as exchanging chances and mistakes," Carlyle said. "But hey, thats hockey and its early in the season. Im sure were going to see a few more like this along the way. Were just fortunate were on the extra point side of it." Notes: David Broll, a Leafs sixth-round pick in 2011, got an assisted on the Leafs third goal for his first point in the NHL. a Edmontons Nail Yakupov, who has no points in four games, was a healthy scratch for the first time in his career. ... The Oilers have given up at least four goals in every game this season. ... Announced attendance was 19,379. Jordan Mills Jersey . The struggling New Orleans Pelicans were simply overmatched. Crawford hit seven 3s on his way to 24 points, and the Clippers beat the Pelicans 123-110 on Monday night. "We understand what we do well. If we all do what we do well, well make our team stronger," Crawford said. Walt Aikens Jersey . Scotlands Greg Laidlaw made one of two penalty kicks and all three conversions, and Stuart Hogg added a try in the second half. "The most important thing to come out of the game is that we did not get scored against," Laidlaw said. http://www.wholesaledolphinsjerseys.com/...mythe-jersey.In a statement released Friday, the Catalan club said the Brazil stars recovery would be monitored to determine when he can begin training again. Sam Eguavoen Jersey . Serbia captain Bogdan Obradovic said his team will include 9th-ranked Janko Tipsarevic and 27th-ranked Viktor Troicki as he decided to let the top-ranked Djokovic rest. Jason Taylor Jersey . The Canadians led for much of the game before Argentina forced overtime in the dying seconds of the fourth quarter. Canada weathered the storm after squandering a lead with a series of made shots. "Its a fantastic win for our country with 11 first-time Canadian national team members," said head coach Roy Rana.WASHINGTON -- The NFL is prepared to meet with an Indian tribe pushing for the Washington Redskins to drop the teams nickname. Just not this week. As league owners gathered Monday in the nations capital for their fall meetings, the Oneida Indian Nation held a symposium across town to promote their "Change the Mascot" campaign. Oneida representative Ray Halbritter said the NFL was invited to attend. Instead, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said, a meeting has been scheduled for next month -- and could happen sooner. "We respect that people have differing views," McCarthy said. "It is important that we listen to all perspectives." He said the Redskins name is not on the agenda for the owners meetings. Redskins owner Dan Snyder has vowed to keep the name, and an AP-GfK poll conducted in April found that nearly 4 in 5 Americans dont think the team should change its name. Its a topic generating discussion lately, though. President Barack Obama said in an interview with The Associated Press last week that he would "think about changing" the teams name if he were the owner. Halbritter called that statement "nothing less than historic" and said the teams nickname is "a divisive epithet ... and an outdated sign of division and hate." Addressing the NFL, Halbritter said: "It is hypocritical to say youre Americas pastime but not represent the ideals of America." U.S. Rep. Betty McCollum, D-Minn., said the league and team are "promoting a racial slur" and "this issue is not going away." For years, a group of American Indians has tried to block the team from having federal trademark protection, and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton, the District of Columbiaas envoy to Congress, predicted Monday that effort eventually will succeed.dddddddddddd "This name is going to go into the dustbin of history," she said. Lanny Davis, a lawyer who said hes been advising Snyder on the name issue for "at least several months," said in a telephone interview after the symposium: "The Washington Redskins support peoples feelings, but the overwhelming data is that Native Americans are not offended and only a small minority are." Davis also said the campaign is "showing selective attention" by focusing on the Redskins and not teams such as the NFLs Kansas City Chiefs, NHLs Chicago Blackhawks, or Major League Baseballs Cleveland Indians and Atlanta Braves. Earlier, Halbritter was asked about those other nicknames. "The name of Washingtons team is a dictionary-defined, offensive racial epithet. Those other names arent," Halbritter said. "But there is a broader discussion to be had about using mascots generally." Players for the Redskins have remained mostly silent on the topic, including star quarterback Robert Griffin III, who recently called the debate "something way above my understanding." Some players approached in the locker room Monday avoided addressing the subject altogether. "Its really tough. And I mean this sincerely: I get both sides of the argument," guard Chris Chester said. "I see how it can offend some people, but I feel like the context that this organization has, theres no negative connotation. You wouldnt name your team something you didnt have respect for. At least I wouldnt. I mean, I understand, too, that it offends some people, so I s

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz