Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 99 mal aufgerufen
 Anmerkungen zu Bestimmten Themen/ Anregungen
wh3171 Offline

23.10.2019 08:53
Good golf is still good golf and good shots Antworten

From one national open to another, the focus shifts from Royal Liverpool to Royal Montreal for the Canadian Open, where Graham DeLaet, David Hearn and Mike Weir lead a contingent of 19 hometown hopefuls on a quest to end a 60-year drought. Air Jordan China . Watch coverage of the first two rounds live on TSN and TSN GO on Thursday and Friday beginning at 3pm et/Noon pt. The weight of becoming the first Canadian winner since Pat Fletcher in 1954 will remain at the forefront of the tournament until the streak is broken, but the consensus among the Canucks, as Weyburn, Sask. native Graham DeLeat so eloquently puts it, is to "just play golf." "I think a lot of times we put a little too much pressure on ourselves so maybe this year I can just let it all go … and be contention," he said. "Thats all you can ask for and hopefully we get it done Sunday afternoon." DeLaet, the highest ranked Canadian on the World Golf Ranking at 38, was anything but close to ending the drought last year at Oakville, Ont.s Glen Abbey golf course. He shot a 1-over in the first two rounds to miss the cut. David Hearn and Mike Weir fared much better, finishing at 4-under and 3-under, respectively. Weir has sniffed PGA victory on home soil before, falling in a three-hole playoff to Vijay Singh at the 2004 Bell Canadian Open – the closest any Canadian has come since Fletcher. "I was very close one time and not too far away a couple of other times, so Id like to just get myself in that position again and see if something wood be different this time," Weir said. "Id love to do it and if I dont do it, I want one of the other Canadians to do it but it is in the back of our minds, wed like to break that streak." Hearn looks to have the most going for him as far as his game is concerned. He was a late inclusion into last weeks British Open – his first appearance – after former champ Mark Calcavecchia was forced to withdraw due to travel issues. Although the Brampton, Ontario native wasnt close to Rory McIlroys winning score of 17-under, his 3-under was an honourable showing for a first foray into Open Championship waters. "It was pretty exciting for me to get that opportunity last week and be in my first Open Championship," Hearn said. "The spectators and the fans over there were unbelievably receptive. The golf course was truly unique for me and unique experience to play something so different." The change of scenery from the treacherous links to luscious parkland golf could be troublesome for some golfers, but Hearn isnt interested in focusing on course specifics. "Good golf is still good golf and good shots get rewarded, so I feel like, myself, Im playing really good golf and I controlled my ball really well last week and if I do a lot of those things again out here this week I think its going to be a good week," Hearn said. And even if Hearn was interested in discussing the intricacies of playing at Royal Montreal, his frame of reference may be a little small. Well, actually, non-existent. "Ive heard great things. … The last time the Open was here was 2001 and I had just turned pro, so I wasnt playing in the event yet," Hearn said. "From what I understand its a very traditional golf course – very narrow off the tee and small greens – so all of those things suit my game very well." As for the streak, Hearn wasnt getting into specifics on that either. “I think theres a tremendous amount of talent on tour right now. Graham, myself and Mike have been really close within the last couple of years for winning an event. Outside of us there are still a tremendous number of players behind that that have the ability to win a tournament any given week,” he said. “You just never know whos going to be good that week and weve got enough Canadians in this field that its going to happen soon." Air Jordan Outlet . The start of the seasons fifth and final major was delayed two hours due to heavy rain in the area. The tournament eventually began, but with water on the greens and the rain persisting, players were called back to the clubhouse less than an hour after the first group teed off. Cheap Air Jordan Free Shipping . At this point, even he isnt sure when it is going to stop. The right-hander dropped his fourth straight decision in Los Angeles 6-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday night, leaving his status very much in doubt as the Dodgers prepare for the stretch drive. https://www.jordanchina.us/ . FLIP SAUNDERS (Timberwolves): Im not the least bit surprised that he appointed himself as head coach after his search concluded.Pullman, WA (SportsNetwork.com) - Anu Solomon threw five touchdown passes against a deplorable Washington State defense, leading 15th-ranked Arizona to a 59-37 rout on Saturday. Solomon did most of his damage in the first half, as the Wildcats (6-1, 3-1 Pac-12) jumped out to a 31-0 lead early in the second quarter. Washington States potent offense woke up after that, but the damage was done. Solomon threw for 294 yards on 26-of-38 passing efficiency, Terris Jones- Grigsby ran 13 times for 107 yards and five different players hauled in touchdown receptions in the dominant victory. Connor Halliday, who set the NCAA single-game passing record earlier this season, stuffed the stat sheet once again, but most of his crooked numbers came with the game already out of reach. Halliday completed 56-of-79 for 489 yards with four touchdowns and two interceptions. Vince Mayle led all receivers with 14 catches for 145 yards and a touchdown, and Isiah Myers scored twice among his six grabs for 95 yards. Washington State (2-6, 1-4) has dropped four straight home games to the Wildcats. The Cougars punted following a three-and-out on their opening possession, and Davonte Neal dashed through defenders and down the left sideline for an 81-yard return score to give Arizona an early lead. Casey Skowron kicked a 31-yard field goal on Arizonas next possession and later in the first, Solomon got in on the fun, throwing two touchdown passes. Solomon was 7-for-8 for 75 yards on the next series, which Neal capped with a 2-yard touchdown catch. Wazzou then gambled on fourth down on its own 34-yard line but was stuffed, setting up the Wildcats in prime field position. Clearance Air Jordan Store. On second down, Solomon stepped up in the pocket and hit Nate Phillips in stride around two defenders to make it 24-0. Cayleb Jones hauled in a short touchdown catch to extend the lead to 31-0 before Washington State started showing signs of life. Halliday and Myers hooked up for a pair of touchdown passes and Jared Baker fumbled a kick return with less than two minutes to go, setting up Quentin Breshears 40-yard field goal near the end of the half. Arizona owned a 31-16 edge at the break, and its offense got rolling again after halftime with a 6-play, 61-yard trek. Samajie Grants 41-yard reception highlighted the drive and Nick Wilson punched it in from two yards out. Solomon threw touchdown passes to Austin Hill and Trey Griffey to push the margin to 52-16 heading to the fourth. Gerard Wicks pounded it in from one yard out and Halliday hit Mayle for an 8- yard score. Erik Powell tried an onside kick following the touchdown, but Jones scooped it up and ran in for another Arizona touchdown. Tyler Bakers 8-yard touchdown reception from Halliday in the final seconds capped the scoring. Game Notes Jamal Morrow had 11 catches for 70 yards for Washington State, while star wide receiver River Cracraft left early in the game with an injury ... Arizona linebacker Scooby Wright III had three sacks. He has at least one sack in six of seven games this season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz