Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 Aus aktuellem Anlaß
Cl11234566 Offline

01.11.2019 02:43
Jones also had back surgery Antworten

NASHVILLE -- Titans safety Michael Griffin is appealing his one-game suspension without pay after being labeled by the NFL as a repeat offender of the leagues rules prohibiting hits to the head and neck area of defenceless players. The league announced the penalty Monday for Griffins hit on Oakland tight end Mychal Rivera. The punishment came from Merton Hanks, the NFLs vice-president of football operations. Griffin wrote in a text to The Associated Press that he was just trying to do his job but hurt his team. The suspension would cost Griffin $205,882.35 out of his $3.5 million base pay this season and keep him out of Sundays game at Indianapolis. Griffin cannot take part in any football activities until Dec. 2, and the Titans hold the AFCs sixth and final playoff berth at this point. "All I can say is I apologize to the Titans fans, my teammates, and the organization," Griffin wrote. "I also hope Rivera is doing well and I apologize to him and his family." The safety was flagged for unnecessary roughness in the second quarter of Sundays 23-19 win over Oakland for a hit on Rivera. It was Griffins second violation this season and fourth since 2011. Griffin went in low but hit Rivera as the tight end went to the ground after attempting a catch. Griffin said after the game that he apologized and even asked an official what more he could do on the play only to be told to aim low. "Im asking where do you aim low when somebodys going over the middle and hes catching the ball and hes falling at the same time? What do you do? My position and my job as a defensive player is to keep him from catching the ball and I dont know what youre supposed to do," Griffin said after the game. Rivera, a rookie out of the University of Tennessee, had his helmet knocked off in the collision and did not return to the game. "It was pretty brutal," Rivera said. "The really brutal thing about it was my helmet falling off and my head hitting the ground. It wasnt really the hit. The hit was pretty hard to my head, but it was more my helmet falling off and hitting the ground." Rivera said he had no symptoms when he woke up Monday and has been cleared by doctors to play this week. He also said Griffin texted an apology after the game and said the hit was not malicious. "I really respected that from him," Rivera said. "I hit him back and told him I respected he was just doing his job and I said wed see each other again in the future." Oakland coach Dennis Allen said the suspension was the leagues decision. "Thats not for me to say whether its just or not just," Allen said. "Its unfortunate that our guy got hit and was knocked out of the game. Ill say that." Titans coach Mike Munchak said the hit looked a lot worse because Rivera was going low and his helmet came off. Munchak said the intent to harm wasnt there because Griffin went in with his shoulder. "I think the helmet came off from him actually hitting the ground of his own doing," Munchak said. "I think (Griffin) hit him with his shoulder, for sure." Griffin was fined $21,000 for hitting Jets receiver Stephen Hill high while blocking after an interception Sept. 29. The NFL also fined Griffin $21,000 last season for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Minnesota receiver Michael Jenkins last season, and the safety was fined $7,500 for a late hit in the head area with his helmet in a game at Carolina in November 2011. Cheap Air Jordan Free Shipping . Winners of two straight, the Flames will try to become the first team in 25 years to go three consecutive games without taking a penalty Saturday night in San Jose. Jordan China . - Chelseas 1-0 win at the Etihad, spoiling Manchester Citys perfect home record continues to be the talking point of the week. https://www.jordanchina.us/. The Spanish champions decision not to sign a defender during the January transfer window may have backfired after Valencia took advantage of a lethargic, uninspired effort by its hosts at the Camp Nou, where former Spain coach Luis Aragones -- who previously coached the Catalan side -- was honoured after his death on Saturday. Air Jordan Outlet .com) - Driphus Jackson had three touchdown passes, including two in a 19-second span in the opening quarter, to guide Rice to a 30-6 rout of Fresno State at the Hawaii Bowl. Air Jordan China . Ontario Superior Court Case Management Master Ronald Dash released the decision on Monday, saying John McCaw Jr. must testify in front of a jury by live video conference. Moores lawyer, Tim Danson, asked the court to compel McCaw - who is based in Seattle - to testify in the case back on February 27.CHICAGO - The mob arrived as soon as Salvador Perez squeezed that final foul popup, officially bringing Kansas Citys playoff drought to an end.Yes, the Royals are going back to the post-season.Kansas City clinched a playoff spot Friday night for the first time in 29 years, beating the Chicago White Sox 3-1 behind seven scoreless innings from Jeremy Guthrie.Kansas City secured at least a wild card and ended the longest active post-season drought among the major North American sports leagues. The last time the Royals made it to the playoffs, George Brett led Kansas City to a World Series victory over St. Louis in 1985.It feels better than expected, said Billy Butler, a 2004 draft pick and eight-year veteran. Its a great thing. Im proud to bring this organization something they envisioned when they drafted me.Small-market Kansas City endured more than its share of losing in recent years. But it contended into September last season and kicked down the playoff door on Friday.The Royals crowded around Perez near the plate after he caught Michael Taylors foulout.A large contingent of Kansas City fans crowded near the visitors dugout, watching the party, and players tossed black and white playoff caps to them before walking off the field.The clubhouse was as chaotic as expected, with players dousing each other with bubbly and snapping pictures, whooping it up as the franchises years of losing gave way to pure joy.As the scene unfolded, Brett stood nearby with a bottle in one hand and a cup in the other, doing his best not to get drenched.I got tired of the people criticizing the players on this team because they hadnt won a World Series since 1985, he said. Ninety-five per cent of these ... guys werent even born in 85. Its not their fault. These guys played their (butts) off all year.And look where they are now.With Detroit losing to Minnesota, Kansas City trails the Tigers by a game in the AL Central with two to play. If they are tied after Sunday, the teams will play game No. 163 at Detroit on Monday to determine the division winner.Kansas City also maintained a one-game lead in the wild-card standings over Oakland, which won 6-2 at Texas.The postgame celebration eventually returned to the field, where there was more spraying alcohol, more jumping up and down and more pictures, all to the delight of their supporters. Fans chanted Lets go Royals! and some derogatory comments toward Detroit.They held up signs that read MMy playoff beard starts growing today, and Finally.ddddddddddddThat probably summed it up best for Kansas City. Yes, finally, the Royals are back.We know its been emotional, not only for us but for the city itself, which has supported us all along the way, closer Greg Holland said.Guthrie (13-11) could not have been much better, pitching four-hit ball while winning his third straight start. He struck out six and walked one.The White Sox scored in the eighth against Wade Davis. Adam Eaton tripled with one out and came around on Alexei Ramirezs single. But Jose Abreu and Conor Gillaspie struck out to end the inning.Holland worked the ninth for his 46th save in 48 chances.Alcides Escobar had two hits, including a leadoff single in Kansas Citys three-run first against Hector Noesi, and the Royals won for the fifth time in six games.Noesi (8-12) allowed six hits in six innings after it looked as if he might get knocked out early.The first three batters each got a hit, starting with Escobars single. Nori Aoki lined a run-scoring triple to right, and Lorenzo Cain had an RBI single for his 14th hit in 30 at-bats. Cain came around from second on Butlers one-out single to make it 3-0.Chicagos Paul Konerko began his farewell weekend by going 0 for 4. The retiring slugger, back in the lineup after sitting out Thursdays game, received loud cheers every time he stepped to the plate, starting with a standing ovation in the second inning.In the Royals, Konerko sees some similarities to Chicagos 2005 championship team with its pitching and timely hitting.I think they have a real good shot to go a long ways, he said. Good for them. Enjoy it. Im happy for those guys.TRAINERS ROOM:Royals: There was no further update on INF Christian Colon, who is recovering from a broken middle finger on his right hand. Its not clear if he will be on the post-season roster.White Sox: Reliever Nate Jones is confident he will make a full recovery after having Tommy John surgery on his right elbow in July. Jones expects to start throwing a week before Thanksgiving. Jones also had back surgery in May. ... The White Sox held OF Avisail Garcia out of the lineup for precautionary reasons after he left Thursdays game because of a stiff lower back. Manager Robin Ventura expects him to be ready to play Saturday.UP NEXT:LHP Danny Duffy (9-11, 2.32 ERA) starts Saturday for Kansas City, with LHP John Danks (10-11, 4.82 ERA) pitching for Chicago. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz