Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Aus aktuellem Anlaß
Cl11234566 Offline

01.11.2019 02:45
The fourth-seeded Bulls Antworten

HARRISON, N.J. -- Before Saturdays practice, Tim Cahill had a premonition about New York Red Bulls teammate Fabian Espindola. "I told Fabian yesterday that he was going to score," Cahill said of the Red Bulls forward, who got his first goal since April 20 in a 2-0 victory over the Houston Dynamo on Sunday. "It didnt matter how long he had been without a goal," Cahill said. "Hes been playing well. When our front line plays well, it takes the pressure off the midfield. Im so happy for him. Ive said time and time again that this team cant worry about stats. We have to worry about getting wins." Espindola broke a scoreless tie in the 60th minute off a feed from Eric Alexander. Jonny Steele put the game away with two minutes left in regulation, giving the Red Bulls (8-6-4) their first win since defeating Los Angeles on May 19. They were 0-2-1 during that span, which included a three-week hiatus. "It was huge for us," said first-year coach Mike Petke. "I think todays game was vital. I wont say the must-win thing, but it was a very vital game. If we dominated like the way we did, thats a positive step to get back to the mentality we had before the break." The Red Bulls moved within one point of first-place Montreal in the Eastern Conference. Houston (6-6-5) remained winless in its last seven matches, going 0-4-3. "Were just making too many mistakes and those mistakes punish you," Dynamo coach Dominic Kinnear said. "Overall, our play has been good, but sometimes it comes down to what youre doing in both boxes. You go through things like this in the MLS, but just because youve done it before doesnt mean Im not worried and upset." Espindola, who had two goals in the season opener, got behind the defence after Alexander fed him with a perfect lead. He made a solid 20-yard run with the ball, then touched a left-footed shot past goalkeeper Tally Hall for Espindolas fourth of the season. Steele then put the game away in the 88th minute. He took a return pass from Thierry Henry and buried it hard into the upper right corner of the goal. It was Steeles second goal of the season. "We were playing very hard and we got some good chances," Steele said. "We had our chances in the second half and we capitalized. If you keep a clean sheet, then you have a good chance to win." Steele took a kick to the face from Kofi Sarkodie in first-half stoppage time and received a cut to the chin that required five stitches. "But nothing was going to keep me off the field today," Steele said. Petke credited the play of his two goal scorers. "If you would have told me before the season that Fabian and Jonny would be front-line starters for us at this point, I would have said, Probably not," Petke said. "The two of them work so hard. They epitomize what hard work means. They got rewards for their hard and work and it was good for them." Luis Robles made three saves for his fifth shutout of the season. "It was a real important win for us," Cahill said. "We needed to bring back some stability. We hadnt won in a while. But I felt confident from the start. I knew we had the upper hand. I didnt feel like they could hurt us as long as we played with discipline." The Dynamo failed to score a goal for their third straight game. "Its been a difficult time for us and things have been going against us," Giles Barnes said. "Its a game of inches. ... Once we get one, then things will open up for us." Clearance Air Max . Duhamel, from Lively, Ont., and Radford, from Balmertown, Ont., were second with 77.01 points, just behind Olympic bronze medallists Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy of Germany. The four-time world champs lead at 79. Discount Air Max . Viewers in the Canadiens region can watch the game on TSN Habs at 7:30pm et/8:30pm at. https://www.airmaxchina.us/. -- Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh says he isnt going to change what he does on the field. Fake Air Max . Dallas also Monday recalled defenceman Aaron Rome from his conditioning assignment with the Texas Stars of the American Hockey League and assigned goaltender Jack Campbell to the AHL squad. Cheap Air Max Free Shipping . The Raptors two leading scorers were never able to co-exist the way they hoped or the team had envisioned, but individually DeRozan was thriving, in the midst of a career season.The Chicago Bulls will try to knot up their series with the Washington Wizards Tuesday night as the two sides meet again at the United Center. The Wizards upset the Bulls, 102-93, Sunday night in Chicago. "After yesterdays practice I knew these guys were focused like they havent been before and thats a good sign," said Wizards coach Randy Wittman. Nene scored 24 points and the Wizards had big contributions from all five starters in their first playoff game in six years. They overcame a 13-point deficit and claimed home-court advantage from their much more-experienced foes. "Its always a game of runs," said Wittman. "I always tell our guys, Stay in the moment. When we got down 13, we stayed in the moment." The Bulls remained in the lead following a 14-4 run in second quarter until Trevor Arizas free throws with 4:17 remaining put the Wizards in front. The shots were part of a 14-3 run that gave the Wizards an eight-point lead with 25 seconds left. Nene rattled in a shot during the spurt but the biggest points might have been Marcin Gortats baseline jumper after he rebounded a John Wall miss, pushing Washingtons lead to six with 34.2 seconds remaining. Gortat totaled 15 points and 13 rebounds, Ariza had 18 points, Wall scored 16 with six reebounds and six assists and Bradley Beal had 13 points and seven assists for fifth-seeded Washington.dddddddddddd The Wizards also got a huge boost from veteran Andre Miller. He scored 10 off the bench and played brilliantly in the fourth quarter. The fourth-seeded Bulls, in the playoffs for the second straight year without injured star Derrick Rose, were led by 16 points apiece from Kirk Hinrich and D.J. Augustin. Joakim Noah added 10 points and 10 rebounds and Jimmy Butler scored 15. "Our defense wasnt very good; 102 points, 48 percent (shooting), outrebounded. Its hard to win like that," said Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau. Maybe the Bulls can garner some momentum from Mondays announcement that Noah was named Defensive Player of the Year. "This award is a team award," he said after accepting the trophy. The Bulls led the NBA in opponents scoring and finished second in opponents field-goal percentage. The defense should improve, but the offense remains a concern for the Bulls. Chicago was held to 39 points in the second half, where a pure scorer, which the Bulls dont have, could take over a game. Chicago also shot 42 percent from the field and 25 percent from long range. Washington will host Game 3 on Friday night. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz