Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 84 mal aufgerufen
 Aus aktuellem Anlaß
Cl11234566 Offline

06.11.2019 07:03
fantastic goals and deserved to win Antworten

NASHVILLE -- The Nashville Predators withstood every comeback try the Detroit Red Wings threw at them and skated off with a win. Colin Wilson had two goals and an assist, and Mike Fisher scored a goal and helped set up two others in the Predators 6-4 victory over the Red Wings on Monday night. Fisher has three goals and three assists in Nashvilles past two games. Craig Smith, Nick Spaling, and Roman Josi also scored. "There was emotion. There were lots of goals, sways in momentum, all the things that you have in sports," Nashville coach Barry Trotz said. "From that standpoint, I thought it was real good." Justin Abdelkader, Pavel Datsyuk, Drew Miller, and Patrick Eaves scored for the Red Wings, who have lost two of three. The teams combined for five goals in a back-and-forth third period, but Nashville never relinquishing the lead. "We found a way to shut it down and get that next one when we needed it," Fisher said. "Thats the sign of a good team, playing against a good team like that, we can win one in the third there." Wilson put the Predators ahead 1:54 into the game with a wrist shot from the high slot that beat goalie Jimmy Howard on the glove side. It was the first shot on Howard, who had been out with a knee injury since Dec. 10. "It wasnt very pretty, and it was a battle all night," Howard said. "To be honest with you, I felt like I was behind the play a lot and just didnt get comfortable in their end. When I thought I was on the angles, I was off the angles." Detroit tied it at 3:00 of the first period when Abdelkader carried the puck from below the Nashville goal line to the left of the net and lifted a backhander high to the stick side of goalie Marek Mazanec. Nashville regained the lead when Smith scored his team-leading 11th goal at 9:50 of the first. Skating down the left side on a 3-on-2 rush, Smith pulled up near the left faceoff dot and beat Howard on the short side. Spaling made it 3-1 at 4:24 of the second, but Datsyuk got the Red Wings back within a goal just 35 seconds into the third period with a one-timed shot from the right circle. Fisher stretched Nashvilles lead back to two goals at 5:50. Wilson carried the puck behind the Detroit net, emerged on the right side, and found Fisher on the left side for a shot into an open net that gave him his 10th goal of the season. Fisher set himself up for a Gordie Howe hat trick when he fought Abdelkader late in the second period. Miller made it 4-3 at 11:30, but Wilsons second of the game was scored 37 seconds later off a nice feed from defenceman Seth Jones, who had two assists for the second consecutive game. "It was a good play by (Jones), and I just had to get it up over," Wilson said. "We are definitely more confident out there, and did well defensively." Eaves netted his first goal of the season at 14:52 during a power play to again bring the Red Wings within a goal, 5-4. Josis empty-net, power-play goal concluded the scoring. Henrik Zetterberg and Niklas Kronwall each had a pair of assists for Detroit. "There were times when we were doing a lot of good things and were sticking to the game plan, but for some reason were losing guys up ice and were not executing in our own zone," Kronwall said. "I thought we made it a little too easy for them at times. They got their chances a little bit too easily." NOTES: Nashville is 15-1-2 when it has scored first this season. ... Wilson has points in three consecutive games. ... Datsyuk has 69 points in 63 career games against Nashville. Pittsburgh Penguins Pro Shop . -- The Atlanta Braves added to their extensive wave of long-term deals with their young stars on Sunday by agreeing to a $42 million, four-year contract with All-Star closer Craig Kimbrel. Pittsburgh Penguins Shirts .cas NHL Play of the Year showdown continues today with a man whos spent most of his career on highlight reels and a goalie actually "reaching back" for a save. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/.C. United have acquired midfielder Alex Caskey from the Seattle Sounders for a third-round pick in the 2016 MLS draft. Custom Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys . The victory strengthened Liverpools position in the top four after Tottenham lost 1-0 at Norwich in the days late kickoff, cutting the north London club six points adrift of fourth place and the final Champions League slot for next season. Penguins Jerseys China . Chan captured two silver medals at last months Sochi Winter Games — mens singles and the inaugural team event. But he doesnt have the urge to resume training to defend his world title when the event is held in Saitama, Japan, later this month.FRISCO, Texas - The Vancouver Whitecaps might have watched their playoff chances melt away in the heat of a stifling Texas night. In a matchup of teams battling head-to-head for the final playoff spot in Major League Soccers Western Conference, the Whitecaps run to the post-season took a hard hit when FC Dallas blew open a tie game with two goals in the final minutes for a 3-1 victory Saturday night. The win pushed Dallas (10-7-10) into playoff position, pending the result of late matches involving Colorado and Portland. The Whitecaps, meanwhile, dropped to 10-10-7 and stand seventh in the West with seven games to go. The top five teams earn playoff berths. Vancouvers next two matches, against San Jose and Montreal, are both on the road, where the Whitecaps are 2-8-3 this season. "We need to win on the road," goalkeeper Davis Ousted said. "We have two more away games now and we need to get at least one win. It was tough tonight. I think we deserved more than we got … we played a good game but we got punished by some incredible goals." All three of Dallas strikes were of the highlight-reel variety, and none was prettier than the winner. With the clock winding down and both teams desperate to pick up three points, Dallas took control with counterattack. Eric Hassli picked up a free ball at the top of the box and fed speedy forward Fabian Castillo, who beat Vancouvers Nigel Reo-Coker to the end line on the left. Castillos cross found streaking midfielder Mauro Diaz, who caught it right in stride and blasted a brilliant right-footed volley for a 2-1 lead in the 87th minute. "It was counter-attacking football at its best," Reo-Coker said. "It was top quality. They scored three fantastic goals and sometimes theres nothing you can do about that." Dallas put the game away in the 89th minute, when defender Jair Benitez, with space in the midfield area, took two steps across the centre stripe, saw Ousted positioned far out of his goal and let fly from 50 yards with his left foot. Ousted raced back and leaped to stop the ball, but it soared over his outstretched hand and into the top right corner of the net. "Its a great goal from his side but obviously Im not happy with my role in it," Ousted said. "I need to be quicker baack and defending my goal.dddddddddddd I was looking to stay high and maybe get the pass in deep, but he just hit it amazingly." Added Whitecaps coach Martin Rennie: "(Benitez) could try that 100 times and its not going to go in again." The rough finish offset an uncharacteristic flying start for the Whitecaps, who had given up goals in the first three minutes in each of their previous two games. In the fourth minute, Camilo Sanvezzo started an exquisite sequence of passes by deftly dropping the ball to Kenny Miller in the right corner. Miller followed with a perfect cross that hit charging midfielder Daigo Kobayashi right in stride for a tap-in goal and a 1-0 lead. But it didnt last long. Just four minutes later, FC Dallas midfielder Je-Vaughn Watson tied it up after taking a seemingly innocuous pass on the left wing from Fabian Castillo. Given time and space by the soft Vancouver defence, Watson launched a 25-yard rocket that slipped just under the crossbar and past Ousteds fingertips. While Dallas dominated possession from that point and had several near misses, Vancouvers defence held firm despite the recorded 38-degree C heat at FC Dallas Stadium — until the final minutes. "Youre climatizing to different climates, different temperatures," Reo-Coker said. "Were not used to this heat and humidity. So we had to come up with a game plan. We had to be compact, tight, difficult to beat and play on the counterattack. "We did that, but they were the better team. They scored three fantastic goals and deserved to win." The result is an uphill fight for the Whitecaps as they try to remain in playoff contention. "Weve got a climb to get up there but I still feel like well get there," Rennie said. "Weve been here before. It was a tough struggle to get there last year and it will be this year. Its very close … I dont think it hurts our confidence. I just think its something we have to get over quickly." Reo-Coker said the Whitecaps mind-set is to do exactly that. "The saying goes, if youre going through a hole, just keep on going," he said. "Its as simple as that. At the moment were going through a little bit of a difficult patch. "Eventually well come out of this." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz