Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Zitat des Tages
Cl11234566 Offline

09.11.2019 07:11
Only through a major league venue Antworten

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland Athletics acquired catcher Kurt Suzuki from the Washington Nationals on Friday. The move boosts an injury situation at the position, bringing back a former fan favourite just more than a year after trading him. The As are sending Class A starter Dakota Bacus to the Nationals in the swap, while Washington is paying $995,000 to Oakland as its portion remaining on Suzukis 2013 salary. He left Chicago where the Nationals were playing and was set to join Oakland in Baltimore for a weekend series with the Orioles. "It feels good," Suzuki said in the As clubhouse. "Im shocked to say the least. I mean I couldnt be happier to come back where it all started and help this team get into the playoffs." He did, however, like playing in Washington. That made leaving a little bit more difficult. "Its bittersweet," Suzuki said. "I wouldnt say glad for a change of scenery. I enjoyed my time there. Send to me to a place with a chance to win, and Im all in." The defending AL West champion As began the day 2 1/2 games back of Texas in the division race. Washington didnt intend on using Suzuki much down the stretch. "With a healthy Wilson Ramos ... playing fairly well, it was going to cut into Suzukis playing time," manager Davey Johnson said in Kansas City. "(Suzuki) is a No. 1 catcher. He needs an opportunity to play every day, and they really have a need in Oakland." Selected by the As in the second round of the 2004 draft, Suzuki spent parts of the past two seasons with Washington after six in Oakland. Hes batting .222 with three homers and 25 RBIs in 79 games. Suzuki, originally traded to the Nationals on Aug. 3, 2012, fills a need for the pennant race. John Jaso has a concussion and Derek Norris broke his left big toe Tuesday, and was placed on the 15-day disabled list Friday. The move is retroactive to Wednesday. "Hes terrific," As manager Bob Melvin said of Suzuki. "The tough part about replacing a catcher as far along as the season we are, is the transition period with the pitchers. "So, this one is an easy one. Hes knows most of our guys -- a team leader, always has been. I dont know if the front office could get a better guy for us." Nationals pitcher Jordan Zimmermann said, "He was a good teammate, a great catcher and I wish him the best. Not having him around is going to be tough." Suzuki is expected to start for Oakland on Saturday. Norris was batting .232 with eight homers and 26 RBIs. Jaso could miss the remainder of the season with lingering concussion symptoms. He took a ball off his mask July 24 at Houston and complained of a headache. Initially, Jaso was placed on the seven-day concussion list the following day, then transferred to the 15-day disabled list on Aug. 8. Pittsburgh-based concussion expert Dr. Micky Collins doesnt expect the concussion to end his career. Jaso is batting .271 with three homers and 21 RBIs in 70 games. The San Francisco Chronicle first reported the Suzuki trade. Replica NCAA Jerseys . Pedroia reached the milestone with a little panache, hitting a grand slam in the sixth inning and propelling the Boston Red Sox to a 7-1 win over the Oakland Athletics on Friday night. Custom NCAA Jerseys . The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no announcement was made. By releasing Bailey, the Broncos would open up cap space with the 12-time Pro Bowl player scheduled to make around $10 million next season. https://www.chinajerseysncaa.us/. Messier, who had been a special assistant to Rangers general manager Glen Sather, announced Thursday in a statement that he is resigning in order to "expand the game of hockey in the New York area by developing the Kingsbridge National Ice Center. NCAA Jerseys China . Tony Parker had 33 points and nine assists and San Antonio never trailed in a resounding 116-92 victory over Portland, bullying the younger Trail Blazers in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals. Fake NCAA Jerseys . Paul George and Darren Collison each scored 17 points and Roy Hibbert added 11 points and nine rebounds for the Pacers (9-3), who won their third straight.REGINA -- The stadium that was once home to CFL greats like George Reed, Ron Lancaster and Dave Ridgway is about to host its last championship. Mosaic Stadium, home of the Saskatchewan Roughriders football club, will host the 101st Grey Cup on Sunday. Sure, there will be more regular season games at Mosaic, possibly playoffs too, but no more championships. The stadium will be torn down when a new facility is ready for the 2017 season. Former Roughrider Steve Mazurak says he has a lot of fond about memories "about this great old stadium." "I was blessed with the fact that I was able to be a teammate of Ron Lancaster and George Reed," said Mazurak, who played wide receiver and slotback from 1973 to 1981. "To share a huddle with them and to stand there and go OK, theres Ronny Lancaster, hes reading a play and hes actually calling my number, that gives me goosebumps right this very second." Former offensive lineman Gene Makowsky says the stadium holds a special place in his heart too. Makowsky, who played for the Riders from 1995 to 2011, says the Labour Day matchups between Saskatchewan and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers were always a lot of fun. "The one memory I think that stands out is certainly the 07 Labour Day Classic. Certainly, the playoff games are the big games, but I still for some reason just remember the last drive by (former Rider quarterback) Kerry Joseph in the 07 Labour Day Classic," Makowsky said in an interview in front of the stadium. "It was a big game between two teams that were vying for first place and it was huge play. He ran 30 yards untouched in the endzone and the crowd just went wild. It was just amazing." Mosaic Stadium last hosted the Grey Cup 2003 when the Edmonton Eskimos beat the Montreal Alouettes in front of 50,909 fans. Mosaic sits in an area of Regina known as North Central, near downtown. The stadium, that originally started as a rugby field in 1910, is known for wind that, as Mazurak says, will "knock your socks off" and old wooden bench-style seating. It has undergone several upgrades over the years and extra seats have been added in the endzones for Grey Cup.dddddddddddd "But way back in the day, that what was we called Hemorrhoid Hill. And so if there was an overload of crowd, they would put them on that hill and people would sit on the grassy knoll at the south end of Mosaic Stadium, of course then it was Taylor Field," Mazurak said in an interview on the field. "If the stands were full and the grassy knoll was full, then they would line people up along the sidelines here." Mosaic was place where Mazurak would go as a nine-year-old boy to watch the Riders and sit on rickety wooden benches in the north endzone, "probably for less than a $2 bill," he said. It was later the place where he played high school and junior football before becoming a Rider. "(It has) a lot of warm feelings of fuzziness with me," said Mazurak, who is now the teams now vice-president of sales and corporate partnerships. Mazurak says there are a lot of mixed emotions when he thinks about Mosaic being torn down, especially when he thinks about the history and the pride in the stadium. But he also says its time for a new facility. "When they finally put the bulldozer to it, oh the quicker they can do it, the better. Then we can finally be what we want to be for our fans and thats major league," he said. "Only through a major league venue can you really get to the point where you need to be for the whole game day experience." Makowsky is now one of those fans. Hes a season ticket holder who takes his children to games. When Mosaic is torn down, long-time season ticket holders will find themselves in different seats, he noted. "Theres been people that have sat in the same seats for 40 and 50 years, you hear that all the time," said Makowsky. "So thats going to be certainly an end of an era and itll be a little bit sad in a way, certainly, if you move along to the new stadium you wont be sitting with your own section anymore, the people that have surrounded you for years and years." "But the old stadium served us well," he added. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz