Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Texte und Gedichte
Cl11234566 Offline

15.11.2019 03:50
Three years later, at 25, he became the youngest person Antworten

ARLINGTON, Texas - Carson Palmer gave the Dallas Cowboys just the gift they needed early in a game without Tony Romo — throwing an interception that was returned for a touchdown.Palmer didnt make any other big mistakes, and Romo backup Brandon Weeden had a hard time avoiding the miscues that landed him in Dallas in the first place.Palmer stayed perfect as Arizonas starter this season, throwing three touchdown passes, while Weeden couldnt get the Cowboys into the end zone until the game was out of reach in the Cardinals 28-17 victory Sunday.The Cardinals (7-1) rallied from a 10-0 deficit for their fourth straight win, including back-to-back victories over the top two teams in the NFC East. This is the latest theyve had sole possession of the best record in the NFC since 1974.We are a scrappy group, said Palmer, 5-0 this season after missing two games because of a shoulder injury. We have a great fight and mindset about us. Nothing is too big to overcome.Romo was out with his third back injury in 18 months, and Weeden threw two interceptions and had several other misfires as the Cowboys (6-3) dropped their second straight. He finished 18 of 33 for 183 yards with a meaningless late touchdown to Dez Bryant.I was inconsistent, said Weeden, who was dumped by Cleveland just two years after getting drafted in the first round in 2012 and now has 25 touchdown passes and 28 interceptions in his career. One thing I keep coming back to is the turnovers. Those are on me.Things to consider after the Cardinals won a regular-season game in Dallas for the first time since 1989 (14 consecutive losses, not counting a playoff victory in the 1998 season).ROMOS GOING TO LONDON: Romo was relegated to headset-wearing sideline duty because of fractures of two small bones in the back. The injury is unrelated to a herniated disk sustained last year and to off-season surgery to remove a cyst earlier in 2013.The Cowboys said Romo would make the long flight to London on Monday for next weekends game against Jacksonville even though staying home would essentially give the 34-year-old a month between games because of a bye the following week.Dallas is optimistic he will play.Hes definitely on the flight and will be in one of those chairs you can stretch out in, owner Jerry Jones said. Were betting on him playing. If we didnt think he could play, he wouldnt be on that long plane ride.MURRAYS STREAK ENDS: NFL rushing leader DeMarco Murrays record streak of eight straight 100-yard games to start the season for Dallas ended against a defence that didnt allow a back over the century mark for the 18th consecutive time.Murray, who ran for 79 yards on 19 carries, was stuffed on fourth-and-1 at the Arizona 34 with the Cardinals leading 14-10 in the fourth quarter. Palmer took the Cardinals the other way for the last of his three scoring tosses, a 1-yarder to Andre Ellington.That was the turning point in the game, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said. It wasnt a time to sit back. We had to continue to attack and we got ourselves some good, favourable plays and Carson made some good decisions.Ellington outgained Murray on the ground with 95 yards and added another 39 receiving.You know we always want to outrush the opponent, Ellington said. Its a credit to our defence for shutting him down and giving me a chance to get out there on the field and get more carries and get more yards.PALMERS RECOVERY: Palmer put his team in a 7-0 hole when undrafted Dallas rookie Tyler Patmon ducked under a route, made an over-the-head catch and ran untouched down the Arizona sideline, with some nice blocking from defensive end Anthony Spencer.Palmer was efficient otherwise, though, finishing 22 of 34 for 249 yards with touchdowns of 7 yards to John Carlson, 11 to Jaron Brown and the short one to Ellington. All three TDs came on third down, with the Cardinals converting 9 of 15 in that situation.RECEIVING STREAKS: Bryant, blanketed by Arizonas Patrick Peterson a week after Peterson sustained a concussion against Philadelphia, was in danger of a 56-game catch streak ending before two inconsequential grabs in the final 2 minutes, including a 3-yarder for a score.Arizonas Larry Fitzgerald had no trouble extending the longest active catch streak to 157 games. He had a 31-yarder on third down on Arizonas first scoring drive and led the Cardinals with five catches for 70 yards.WEEDENS WOES: Weedens first interception, by Tyrann Mathieu, came with Dallas in scoring range early in the second half. The second wiped out any hope of a comeback when Antonio Cromartie stepped in front of Terrance Williams after the Cardinals had gone up 21-10 in the fourth quarter.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler Sports Jerseys . -- Oakland Athletics third baseman Scott Sizemore has undergone surgery on his left knee to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament. Sale Tom Brady Jersey .Y. -- The Buffalo Bills have fired receivers coach Ike Hilliard. https://www.sportsstarsjerseys.com/tom-brady-jersey/. Toronto dropped a 7-2 decision to the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday afternoon, with only a pair of late runs preventing a second straight shutout loss. Josh Willingham belted a two-run homer in the first inning and Kendrys Morales hit a bases-clearing double in the seventh as the Twins took the rubber game of the three-game series. Youth Tom Brady Jersey . The turf is scheduled to give way to actual grass that is bright green, so we dont have to complain any more—we just have to wait a few years. Instead, do feel free to complain if the roof is closed for any reason other than to allow a game to be played. Michael Jordan Jersey Chicago White Sox . JOHNS, N. LOS ANGELES -- Vin Scully, one of baseballs most beloved broadcasters, will return to the Los Angeles Dodgers for a record 65th season in 2014. "I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that I have always felt that I am the most ordinary of men who was given an extraordinary break of doing what I love to do at a very early age," Scully said on Friday. "I pray that Ill be allowed to do it for at least one more year. "As far as Im concerned, it could have been one line in the note sheet tonight. But I dont take any of it for granted in any way, shape or form. I know that this miracle was given to me, and I could lose it in 30 seconds between the time I leave here and go up to the booth. Im just so blessed to be doing what I love to do and full of thanks." The 85-year-old Scully said he is quite impressed by what the new ownership group has brought to the Dodgers, along with the energy fans are creating at the ballpark. The club has surged from last place in the NL West to a lead of 9 1-2 games. "I do think that the success of the team had something to do with it," Scully said. "These last 50 games, coming to the ballpark and watching them pull out some miraculous victories, it was so thrilling -- even for someone who had seen however many games Ive seen before. "It became so much exciting again and so much fun. I dont really know how I would have felt had they stayed in last place with 30 some-odd games left. I probably would have come back, anyway, because I love it so much, but this made it pretty easy. And as long as I feel the emotion, I feel like I should be here." Scully began his professional baseball broadcasting career in 1950 with the Brooklyn Dodgers, and he has called three perfect games, 25 no-hitters, 25 World Series and 12 All-Star games. With every passing year, the adoration of Dodgers fans and the city of Los Angeles has humblled him even more and made him want to continue his lifelong passion.dddddddddddd. "The thought of just suddenly walking away from all these friends in the ballpark, and this great game, and this very exciting team, and this fandom thats so thrilled with whats going on, I thought theres just no way," Scully said. "The best way that I could describe it was the night of the bobblehead, a couple of weeks ago, and they played that little tribute on the screen. And the ovation was overwhelming. I was as close to crying as Ive been in a long long time." Scully will work all Dodgers home games and road games in California and Arizona that arent nationally televised. He will call all nine innings of the teams television broadcasts on Time Warner SportsNet LA beginning in 2014, with the first three innings of each of his games simulcast on the radio. When Scully began broadcasting, the Dodgers had yet to win a World Series. Three years later, at 25, he became the youngest person to broadcast a World Series game. In 1955, he had his most memorable moment behind the microphone, as he called the Dodgers only championship in Brooklyn. "The Dodgers are overjoyed to have Vin back with the team in 2014," Dodgers Chairman and Owner Mark Walter said. "Vin IS Dodger baseball. The Dodgers, the sport of baseball and the city of Los Angeles are extremely fortunate to have him in our midst." Scully also has called Dodgers World Championships in 1959, 63, 65, 81 and 88, and he was elected the top sportscaster of the 20th century by the American Sportscasters Association. "Vin brings a unique perspective to Dodger baseball," Dodgers President and CEO Stan Kasten said. "Everyone in the Dodger family and within the sound of his voice benefits each and every time we are afforded the opportunity to hear him call a Dodger game. We are thrilled to know ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz