Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 - Ankündigungen -
Cl11234566 Offline

16.11.2019 03:55
He vowed to use his first defeat as a learning Antworten

Pittsburgh, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Drew Brees threw five touchdown passes to five different receivers to stoke the New Orleans Saints 35-32 decision over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 13 action. Brees finished with 257 yards on 19-of-27 attempts for the Saints (5-7), who put a three-game losing streak to rest and are tied atop the NFC South with Atlanta. My process doesnt change regardless of whether people are singing my praises or telling me I cant play anymore. I really dont care, said a defiant Brees, addressing rumors from earlier in the week that the Saints are looking to draft his replacement. Mark Ingram racked up 122 yards on 23 carries, while Kenny Stills posted 162 yards and a score on five receptions. Marques Colston, Benjamin Watson, Nick Toon and Erik Lorig added a TD catch apiece. Ben Roethlisberger threw two late TD passes to Antonio Brown, ending up 32- of-58 for 435 yards with two interceptions for the Steelers (7-5), who had won four of their last five coming in. Just one of those days, a lot of balls were coming out high, said Roethlisberger. I had to make throws early on that I didnt make tonight and I usually do. LeVeon Bell led his club with 159 yards on eight receptions and had 95 yards with a score on 21 attempts, while Brown ended up posting 97 yards on eight grabs. Pittsburgh remains in a three-way tie with Baltimore and Cleveland for second place in the AFC North. Three plays into the hosts opening drive of the second half, Roethlisberger was picked off by Cameron Jordan, who returned the ball to the Steelers 15. Two snaps after that, Brees found Toon for an 11-yard score and 21-6 lead. Bell took it in from the one to cap Pittsburghs subsequent 83-yard drive with 4:21 remaining in the third, but the Steelers defense failed as Brees hit a wide-open Stills on the right sideline for a 69-yard TD play. Shaun Suisham hit from 47 yards away on the second snap of the fourth and the Steelers were within 28-16, yet the Saints moved 80 yards in nine plays and took a 35-16 edge on a 3-yard Brees-to-Colston connection. Roethlisbergers 53rd pass attempt of the afternoon fell into the hands of Brown with 2:34 to play and his successful conversion made it 35-24. The Saints went three-and-out, then a punt pinned the Steelers in the shadow of their own goal line. No matter, as the hosts moved 98 yards and Brown hauled in a 3-yard pass on the fifth play with no time left. The conversion pass was successful. Suisham bent a 49-yard attempt just inside the left upright to cap the Steelers second drive of the contest. He put another try through the goal posts inside the first minute of the second, this one from 31 yards away, after two potential TD passes were dropped on the previous two plays. The Saints took a 7-6 lead just before six minutes remained in the half as Brees found Watson for a 15-yard strike. Kenny Vaccaro then intercepted Roethlisberger in the end zone, and nine plays later Brees found Lorig for a 4-yard score and 14-6 contest. Suisham came up short on a 54-yard attempt on the final play of the half. Game Notes Brees recorded his ninth career game with at least five TD passes, equaling Peyton Manning for the most in NFL history ... Bell totaled 71 rushing yards in first quarter, while Roethlisberger had only 56 passing yards ... New Orleans won for the first time in Pittsburgh since a 20-16 decision at Three Rivers Stadium on Nov. 29, 1987 ... Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel left the game in the third quarter with a left triceps injury and did not return. Adidas NMD Black Sale . He made the comment at a media availability Saturday prior to Game 2 of the Boston-Montreal playoff series when a Quebec reporter said there is sentiment in Quebec that the NHL looks more favourably on Seattle than Quebec City when it comes to future expansion. Adidas NMD Womens Sale . -- Top-seed Shahar Peer and Canadian Eugenie Bouchard advanced to the second round of the inaugural WTA Citi Open. http://www.cheapnmdonline.com/wholesale-...-xr1-china.html. Hamels threw seven sharp innings to earn his 100th career victory, Domonic Brown had a career-best five RBIs and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Cincinnati Reds 12-1 on Saturday night to end a four-game losing streak. Adidas NMD Triple Black For Sale . Rajne Soderberg, the director of the Stockholm Diamond League event, said in an email Friday that the ban still holds. Euromeetings, the organization representing Europes top track events, "will continue to recommend that members do not invite athletes who we believe cause disrepute to our meetings and our sport. Adidas NMD Wolf Grey . Spains victory rendered Frances 3-0 win against Finland meaningless as Spain needed just one point to secure passage to Brazil. Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema scored either side of Joona Toivios own-goal as France advanced to the playoff among the eight best second-place finishers. LAS VEGAS -- Canelo Alvarez gets a pass, if only because everyone who fights Floyd Mayweather Jr. gets a pass. Lose a second fight to someone not named Mayweather, though, and the red-haired Mexicans star could begin to fade. "I learned a lot from fighting Floyd, but Im ready to get back in the ring to maintain the path that I was on before," Alvarez said. "This is what I love to do." The path Alvarez was on took a detour in September when Mayweather dominated him over 12 rounds, handing Alvarez his first loss. He gets a totally different type of opponent Saturday night, taking on slugger Alfredo Angulo in a junior middleweight fight that likely wont be wanting for action. The story line against Mayweather was whether a young and strong champion could solve a puzzle no other boxer had been able to. The story line against Angulo will be whether Alvarez can come back from the loss and establish himself again as one of the stars of the sport. "What happened in September is in the past," Alvarez insisted. "Im fully concentrated on this fight." Alvarez didnt pick a walkover for his comeback fight, the first of what he hopes to be three bouts this year. Angulo is a rugged and hard-hitting contender who may come into the ring as a big underdog but will have more than just a punchers chance. Angulo was stopped in his last fight by Erislandy Lara after his left eye swelled shut in the 10th round. But he had knocked Lara down twice earlier and was holding his own before suddenly turning his back to Lara in a sign he couldnt go on. "Im ready to chase him or fight him like a true Mexican warrior," Angulo said. "I plan to test him like hes never been tested before. I dont think anyone has ever hit Canelo as hard as Im going to hit him." The fight is part of a pay-per-view card on Showtime that was supposed to include a fight between IBF light middleweight champion Carlos Molina and challenger Jermall Charlo. That fight was cancelled Friday, though, while Molina remained in a Las Veegas jail on a 2007 felony warrant for failing to register as a sex offender.dddddddddddd Promoters elevated a lightweight fight between Ricardo Alvarez, brother of Canelo Alvarez, and Sergio Thompson to the televised spot instead. Alvarez weighed in at 155 pounds Friday, the contract limit, to 154 1/2 for Angulo. Angulo (22-3, 18 knockouts) has had his own issues with jail, spending eight months at a detention facility in California after turning himself in for being in the U.S. on an expired visa. The native of Mexico says he has since cleared up his immigration issues, and devoted himself to his boxing career at the age of 31. "There were a couple times when I was in the immigration detention centre that I wanted to quit," Angulo said. "But my team of lawyers always motivated me, wouldnt let me stay down for too long and kept telling me that justice would prevail and that I shouldnt give up. I always dreamed of being a headliner on a major card, and here it is. I am so ready for Saturday." Alvarez (42-1-1, 30 knockouts) was overmatched in his fight against Mayweather, losing almost every round and never being able to figure out how to get inside Mayweathers defence. He vowed to use his first defeat as a learning experience, though, and wants to regain the stature that has made him a reliable pay-per-view attraction in recent fights. To do that he must win -- and win impressively -- against a fighter who might have more guts than talent. "Angulo presents a difficult challenge because hes a fighter who can punch and take a great punch," Alvarez said. "I know I have to prepare and establish my game plan early. But you know how it can be with game plans. Sometimes, once a fight starts, you have to do what you have to do to win." Angulo said that is just one of the reasons the fight should be an entertaining one, no matter how long it lasts. "Style-wise, this is a great matchup for the fans and both of us," he said. " Fans are going to get a great fight." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz