Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 Von Ra bis Horus
Cl11234566 Offline

23.11.2019 03:28
Then he breaks free and gets Antworten

NEW YORK -- Geno Smith: three points. Michael Vick: seven. Quarterback controversy for the New York Jets? Nope. Not even close. OK, well, not yet. "Well just let this thing play out," coach Rex Ryan said. "Its our first preseason game. Obviously, we know we have two excellent quarterbacks." Smith led the Jets to a field goal in his two series with the starters in a 13-10 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Thursday night. Vick created a bit of a buzz by leading a touchdown drive with the first-team offence, and showing he can still make plays with his legs. While the Jets maintain the two are competing, it has been clear its Smiths job to lose -- and he did nothing to downgrade his spot on the depth chart. Smith was 4 of 6 for 33 yards -- including a drive capped by a 51-yard field goal by Nick Folk -- before giving way to Vick. He also had an impressive Vick-like 10-yard scramble on a read-option. "I thought Geno played extremely well," Ryan said. "He had a few throwaways. I thought he did a great job stepping up in the pocket a few times and protecting the ball." Smith is taking 75 per cent of the first-team snaps during camp. Ryan and the Jets need to know for sure what theyve got in Smith -- or if they need to go back to the drawing board next off-season. The 34-year-old Vick came out to cheers and led a 14-play drive with the starters that tied it at 10 in the second quarter. It came mostly against the Colts defensive backups and was also helped by two 15-yard penalties on Indianapolis. "To have a 14-play drive, it only builds your confidence," Vick said. Vick also got the MetLife Stadium crowd fired up when he took off to his left as the pocket collapsed, avoided a tackle attempt and zipped downfield for 15 yards for a first down. "He looked great, shoot," Ryan said with a big smile. Vick, who ran with the backups in his second drive, finished 3 of 6 for 17 yards and rushed three times for 19 yards. "I did all right," he said. "Couldve been better." Both Smith and Vick have had a solid but not spectacular training camp so far. The big thing for Smith is that he appears to have cut back on the debilitating mistakes he made through most of his rookie season. He stared down his receivers many times and also struggled with ball security while committing 25 turnovers. "I was going through my reads pretty smoothly," Smith said of his two drives. "A couple of those plays, they got some guys that were free on me and I had to get the ball away. But other than that, the game felt good." Vick was signed in March to give the Jets a veteran backup who could push Smith and step in if he falters or is injured. Vick is familiar with offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinwegs system from their days together in Philadelphia, so he made for the perfect choice. While he still believes he could start and star in the NFL, Vick has been saying all the right things -- including that Smith is the unquestioned starter. Despite leading the touchdown drive, Vick isnt anticipating any additional snaps with the first-team offence when practices resume Saturday. Because of his ability to make plays with his legs, the notion of using Vick in a wildcat-like role is intriguing. Vick, however, isnt so high on the idea, simply because he believes it disrupts the timing of the quarterback and the offence. "I think it has to be done at the right time," he said. "I experienced that in Philadelphia with Donovan (McNabb) at times. You want to go out there and let the quarterback get into a rhythm and not try to do too much. I think thats doing too much." But then, Vick left the door opened a bit for the possibility. "When the time calls for it," he said, "then I think the coaches will see fit that thats put in." Wholesale Balenciaga . - Ronda Rousey realizes shes finishing up one of the biggest years for any fighter in the young history of mixed martial arts at UFC 168, and the UFCs bantamweight champion intends to go out on top. Fake Balenciaga Cheap . At least 90 players who had college eligibility remaining are expected to enter the draft, shattering last years record number of 73. "Its a humongous number, so the first reaction is it makes you step back a little bit," said NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah, a former scout with the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles. https://www.fakebalenciaga.com/. "I knew it was gone. I mean, I felt it," the 2012 NL Rookie of the Year said. "I havent felt like that in a while. I havent got extension on a ball in a pretty long time. Balenciaga Shoes Sale . -- Josh MacDonalds second goal of the game kept his team alive as the Peterborough Petes edged the host Kingston Frontencas 6-5 in overtime on Friday in Ontario Hockey League playoff action. Fake Balenciaga Shoes . - Urijah (The California Kid) Faber finds himself in an unaccustomed position Saturday night at UFC 175 — on the preliminary card.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Teddy Bridgewater made several great escapes with the game on the line. Brendon Kay hobbled around on a bad ankle and matched him in the fourth-quarter cold. It went down to overtime for the second year in a row. Some ending for this Ohio River rivalry. Bridgewater rallied No. 19 Louisville in the fourth quarter, and Dominique Brown ran 2 yards for a touchdown in the first overtime Thursday night for a 31-24 victory over Cincinnati in the Cardinals farewell to the American Athletic Conference. "I told my mom that I wanted to cry, but tears of joy," Bridgewater said. "Im so proud of this team. We have a lot of heart. "Coach tells us all the time to ride the wave. We rode it. Then Cincinnati rode it for a while, but we knew we would ride it again and we did." The comeback clinched the first AAC title for Central Florida, which had a one-game lead over Cincinnati (9-3, 6-2) heading into the final weekend. Louisville will play in the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando, Fla. "It was great to see this team finish the way they finished," coach Charlie Strong said. "You talk about a team with a lot of resiliency and a lot of heart. There were high expectations this season." For the second year in a row, the Ohio River rivals went to overtime to decide who gets the Keg of Nails, this time for the foreseeable future with Louisville (11-7, 7-1) leaving for the Atlantic Coast Conference next season. The Cardinals won 34-31 in overtime in the rain in Louisville last season. This one went to overtime on a wet, raw night when Cincinnatis Tony Miliano kicked a 26-yard field goal with 7 seconds left. An interference penalty in the end zone set up Browns 2-yard run to open overtime. The Bearcats got the ball and wound up with a fourth-and-14 at the 29, and Kays pass went off the hands of Anthony McClung at the 6, ending Cincinnatis first overtime game at Nippert Stadium since 2003. The Bearcats could be headed to the Belk Bowl. Bridgewater was 23 of 37 for 255 yards with three touchdowns, two of them in the fourth quarter. He eluded three tacklers for a 14-yard run on fourth-and-12 to keep one touchdown drive going, and finished it by scrambling away from defenders and throwing an off-balance pass for a 22-yard score. "Were athletic at defensive end, andd we were grabbing air a lot of times," Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville said.dddddddddddd "We had him in our grasp. That fourth-down run, that was obviously the one that took the air out of our defence." He and Kay kept topping each other in the fourth quarter, but Cincinnatis sixth-year senior didnt have one more big play left in him. He was 22 of 40 for 304 yards with two interceptions and two touchdown scrambles, one of which left him woozy. For Louisville, the game amounted to a farewell. The Cardinals head off to the ACC next season, leaving Cincinnati behind. Louisville claimed the final Big East football title last season, beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl and was favoured to win the first AAC championship. A loss at home to Central Florida ended the Cardinals chances of winning the leagues BCS bowl berth. Cincinnatis slim hopes were extinguished by the loss Thursday. Both defences rank in the Top 10 nationally for fewest points and yards allowed. They dug in a cold rain that made it tougher to throw and catch the ball, until the two quarterbacks lit it up in the fourth quarter. Bridgewater rallied Louisville with two sensational plays. He slipped away from three tackles for his 14-yard run on fourth-and-12, then ran around in the backfield avoiding rushers before throwing a 22-yard touchdown pass to Damian Copeland with 8:08 left, ending up on his back after the off-balance throw. "The plays Teddy made in that fourth quarter," Strong said with admiration. "I thought he was sacked. Then he breaks free and gets the ball to Damian Copeland." Kay responded with a 57-yard completion that set up Ralph David Abernathy IVs touchdown run, and Bridgewater matched it with a 4-yard touchdown pass to DeVante Parker and a 24-21 lead with 2:26 to go -- just enough time for Kay to lead the Bearcats in range for a tying field goal. Kay hurt his left ankle on the opening drive of the second half and played the rest of the game with a pronounced limp. He went for an MRI after the game. He also got dazed on his second touchdown run, getting hit hard by two defenders as he crossed the goal line in the third quarter. "Thats how tough the kid is," Tuberville said. "You cant say enough about him. Im proud he was my quarterback for the last nine games." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz