Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 85 mal aufgerufen
 personenspezifische Festtage/Gedenktage
Cl11234566 Offline

28.11.2019 03:40
up five runs and getting Antworten

Professional football players are used to being graded for their on-field performances. Two members of the Toronto Argonauts are happy their recent off-field exploits werent under the same scrutiny. Kicker Swayze Waters and rookie long snapper Jake Reinhart took advantage of the recent bye week to explore the great outdoors. The trip was a resounding success, but at the same time it was almost worthy of the film Planes, Trains and Automobiles. On the surface it may seem like a curious pairing. Waters, a 27-year old from Jackson, Mississippi, is in his third season in the league, with a trio of NFL camps under his belt. Hes a household name among CFL fans. Reinhart, 24, was born and raised in Guelph, Ontario, about 100 KM west of downtown Toronto. He finished his CIS career with his hometown Gryphons last year. Toiling in the relative obscurity of being a long snapper, hes a virtual unknown to even the most die-hard fans. The two first met a year ago when Reinhart, an undrafted free agent, attended Argo training camp before heading back for his final season with the Gryphons. The friendship blossomed this year when Reinhart made the double blue, replacing long-time long snapper Chad Rempel, who left the team to try out for the Chicago Bears of the NFL. The two became roommates on the road and coupled with the inordinate amount of time the duo spends together at practice, their friendship developed. The pair took advantage of the teams recent bye week by traveling to scenic Algonquin Park for a camping trip, borrowing a canoe from Reinharts brother. Algonquin Park is a paradise for those who love the outdoors. Established in 1893, Ontarios first provincial park covers 7,630 square KM, the southern border of which is about three hours north of Toronto. People travel from around the world to experience the parks lakes, rivers and wildlife. The Mississippi native, an outdoorsman at heart, had recently read a book entitled Wild At Heart by John Eldredge, which the deeply religious Waters said was inspirational on more than one level. "Its a biblical perspective on how God made men," confided Waters. "And how we all have this thing inside of us that loves the unknown and adventure. After I read it I was just really fired up." "Im an outdoors guy anyways," continued the kicker, "And I knew we had this off week coming up. I had heard some people talk about Algonquin and how beautiful it was up there." With Algonquin Parks thousands of interconnected lakes and streams, weeks or even months of preparation can be used to best plot out which waterways, campsites and portage routes should be taken to maximize the experience. How much time did the special teams twosome take to intricately plan this exploration of the wilds? "After the Hamilton game I told Jake Hey, lets go to Algonquin tomorrow," said Waters. "It was just one of those deals." "That was all Swayzes idea," laughed Reinhart, "But as soon as he said it I was right on board." The pair decided shortly after the conclusion of the game in Hamilton that the time was right to load up the Reinharts mothers minivan and head north. After the decision was confirmed at 10pm Monday night, they were on the road at 9am the next morning. The intentions were good. The execution left a lot to be desired. Certain questions were yet to be answered, including "Exactly where was Algonquin Park?" "We knew it was north," chuckled Waters. "We knew we had to take (highway) 400 to get there and thats about it," confessed Reinhart. So without maps, a plan, or anything other than a vague idea of how to get there, the dynamic duo headed toward their ultimate destination. They ended up in the town of Huntsville, where they received advice from some of the locals, then proceeded to hit the local department store to stock up for the excursion. It was there that they bought a camping grill, or so they believed. "We thought we had purchased the grill set," admitted Reinhart, "but it was really just pots and pans because we just looked on the package and there was a picture of a grill." Oops. So then it was off the check in at the park and get a permit. They finally caught a bit of a break. "We showed up at the gate at about 4:50 and they closed at 5:00," admitted Waters. "So I think they knew we didnt have a plan. They were laughing at us." Undaunted, the Argos version of Lewis and Clark proceeded. While portaging over steep, sometimes rocky, sometimes muddy terrain wasnt particularly enjoyable, the canoeing through the pristine waters and undisturbed wilderness more than made up for it. That said, the two didnt quite have the chemistry in the canoe that they enjoy on the field. "We definitely didnt go in a straight line," deadpanned Waters, "It took us a while to figure out our rhythm, but for the first half we were zigzagging our way through the lakes and the rivers." As the crow flies they canoed 52 KM and portaged another six, but the directionally challenged adventurers ended up paddling much, much further than that. Despite taking the scenic route - both literally and figuratively - the pair didnt spot any moose or bears. The did however come in contact with one form of wildlife that was very happy to see them. Mice, and lots of them. "The first night we showed up real late, it was really dark," said Waters. "We didnt really get to our camp until it was completely dark. We unloaded all of our stuff out of the canoe, I got the GoPro out and we were videotaping our site." "Im looking at the food bag and theres a mouse running up the side of it," continued Waters. "I kicked it and then another one jumped out of the inside of the bag. We had literally been there for two minutes." If Waters connected with the rodent the way he did with the football the day before, the mouse may not have come down yet. It didnt deter the pests though, as they tormented them throughout the night. The trip continued with hellacious portages, unplanned trips through swamps and of course the lack of a grill. At one time they thought their journey was going to be a disaster, but they persevered and would jump at the chance to do it all over again. "Id do it again for sure, said a smiling Reinhart. "Next time wed be more prepared. Wed go in with a better plan." The pair has an off-day in Calgary on Sunday following Saturdays game with the Stampeders. Theyre toying with the idea of canoeing down the Bow River. Lets hope they bring a map. Grossiste Chaussures Chinois . Or maybe he already did. Clark hit his first homer, Wily Peralta pitched into the seventh inning, and the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Miami Marlins 4-1 Wednesday night. Air Max 720 France . Selected by the Titans in the 2007 NFL Draft, Johnson rejoined the club last season after a five-year stint with Indianapolis. https://www.grossistechaussurepascher.fr...solde-302a.html. Chris Capuano. Shane Greene. And now, Esmil Rogers. Nike Air Max Soldes Pas Cher . City, fielding a depleted team having already qualified, was twice pegged back by the plucky Czech champions but substitute Negredo tapped home in the 78th minute and Dzekos header made sure of victory in the 89th. The result kept City three points behind Bayern Munich ahead of their meeting in Germany in two weeks. Grossiste Air Max 90 Chine . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign. DETROIT -- Robbie Ray provided a glimpse of what the Detroit Tigers saw in him when they acquired the pitching prospect for Doug Fister. Ray gave up one run in his major league debut and got plenty of run support, especially from Miguel Cabrera, to help Detroit rout the Houston Astros 11-4 on Tuesday night for its season-high seventh straight win. When Ray walked off the mound and toward the dugout in the sixth inning, he was given a standing ovation by a crowd that included his mother, father, fiancee and her family. "I did enjoy it," he said. "I started tearing up a little bit." Some of those same fans may have wondered what the Tigers were thinking when they traded a 14-game winner to Washington for the 22-year-old Ray during the off-season. "I got the sense that before today, they didnt know who I was," Ray said. Now, they know and 27,939 fans probably liked what they witnessed from the hard-throwing lefty. Ray (1-0) gave up one run, five hits and a walk, and struck out five in 5 1-3 innings. He probably earned another turn in the rotation because Anibal Sanchez is on the disabled list with a cut on his right middle finger. "Id be surprised if it was somebody else," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. Ray responded well when Jose Altuve led off the game with a bloop down the right field line, which he turned into a double. Dexter Fowler followed with an infield single after Ray ran past first base when Cabrera tossed him the ball. With the poise Ausmus predicted he would have, Ray struck out the third and fourth batters in Houstons lineup and an inning-inning groundout got him out of the jam. "That was a big inning," Houston manager Bo Porter said. "You have a guy whos making his first major league start on the ropes with the middle of the order coming up. "But to his credit, he was able to get out of it." The former Nationals prospect had a shot to have a scoreless start, but second baseman Ian Kinsler dropped a popup that allowed Fowler to score in the sixth innning.dddddddddddd "Hes got good stuff and a good head on his shoulders," Tigers catcher Alex Avila said. "But people cant -- or shouldnt -- put pressure on the kid about being part of the Fister trade." Cabrera homered in the first inning for his first of four hits and four RBIs. He raised his batting average to .293 after it was .206 on April 21. The reigning two-time AL MVP, who matched a season high with the four hits, had an RBI single in the seventh and a two-run double in the eighth. "Every player goes through a little bit of a lull once in a while," Ausmus said. "Its just that I think Miggy has set such a high standard that people dont expect it." The Tigers scored two runs in the third inning and another in the fourth. J.D. Martinez was the only player in Detroits lineup who did not have a hit until he had an RBI single in the five-run eighth. Houston, which has the worst record in the majors (10-23), lost its fourth straight and sixth in seven games. "Its a little tough, you know," right-hander Josh Fields said after giving up five runs and getting only two outs. "Were struggling. But itll be all right." Brett Oberholtzer (0-6) allowed four runs, nine hits, two sacrifice flies and a walk over six innings. "I thought he did a good job of battling and did a good job of leaving us in a good position when he left the game," Porter said. The Astros bullpen, though, ended any shot of at least staying competitive in the game by giving up seven runs. "Extremely troubled," Porter said. "If our bullpen would have been able to keep it there, it would have been a different ballgame." NOTES: Detroit OF Torii Hunter extended his hitting streak to 13 games and had the first of Detroits three sacrifice flies. ... Porter said RHP Scott Feldman, who has been on the DL since mid-April with right biceps tendinitis, will start Friday at Baltimore and said a decision will be made Wednesday or Thursday about who will be taken out of the rotation. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz