Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Eckpfeiler der Chronik
Cl11234566 Offline

29.11.2019 06:52
blanking the United States Antworten

Toronto, ON (SportsNetwork.com) - Chris Chelios, Scott Niedermayer and Brendan Shanahan were among the inductees into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Monday. Along with Chelios, Niedermayer and Shanahan, head coach and architect of the "Broad Street Bullies," Fred Shero, and Canadian womens hockey player Geraldine Heaney were also placed in the pantheon of NHL elite. Chelios was a three-time Stanley Cup champion and winner of the Norris Trophy as the leagues best defenseman three times in a career that spanned 26 seasons with Montreal, Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta. He played 1,651 games, fifth all-time among defensemen and the most among American-born players. The Illinois native, who retired at the age of 48 in 2010, amassed 185 goals and 763 assists for 948 points. He broke into the NHL with Montreal in 1984 and won the Stanley Cup with the Canadiens in the spring of 1986, then was a member of Cup-winning teams with Detroit in 2002 and 2008. In addition, Chelios played for the United States on four different Olympic teams, winning a silver medal in 2002 at the Salt Lake City Games. He was a five-time NHL First-Team All-Star and was selected to play in the All-Star Game 11 times. "I owe everything in my life to my family, friends and this great game of hockey," Chelios said. Niedermayer won a trio of Stanley Cup titles with the New Jersey Devils and one more with the Anaheim Ducks during an 18-year career from 1992-2010. He compiled 172 goals with 568 assists for 740 points in 1,263 games, winning the Norris Trophy in 2004 with New Jersey. The Devils selected the Alberta native with the third overall pick of the 1991 draft and he joined the team as an 18-year-old during the 91-92 season. He became a mainstay on the New Jersey blueline the following year and helped the Devils to Cup titles in 1995, 2000 and 2003. After signing with the Ducks as a free agent for the 2005-06 season, he won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the playoff MVP during Anaheims run to the title in the spring of 2007. He also won Olympic gold twice with Canada at the 2002 Salt Lake Games and 2010 Games in Vancouver, while earning First-Team All-Star nods three times. "One of the best memories of my career was being able to compete alongside my brother Rob," Niedermayer said. "As tough as it was shaking hands after the 2003 Stanley Cup Final, it made passing you the Cup in 2007 more memorable. "You were an important part of that team and I couldnt be more proud to call you my brother." Shanahan was also a Devils first-round pick, chosen second overall in the 1987 draft, and joined the team as an 18-year-old that season. He played four seasons with New Jersey before going to St. Louis for the 1991-92 campaign, a move that enabled the Devils to acquire future Hall of Famer Scott Stevens as compensation. The Ontario native also played for the Hartford Whalers, Detroit Red Wings and New York Rangers before ending his career where it started -- with New Jersey in 2008-09. He ranks 13th all-time in goals scored with 656 and finished his career with 1,354 points in 1,524 games. Shanahan won Stanley Cup titles with Detroit in 1997, 1998 and 2002, appeared in eight All-Star Games and was a member of Canadas gold-medal winning Olympic team in 2002. He was also a First-Team All-Star twice and is currently the NHLs discipline czar. "I think about you guys a lot and Ill never forget what we were able to accomplish," Shanahan said of his time with Detroit. Shero guided the Philadelphia Flyers to consecutive Stanley Cup titles in 1974 and 75, and led the New York Rangers to the Cup Finals in 1979 as coach and GM. He posted a record of 390-225-119 in 734 games during the regular season and was the inaugural winner of the Jack Adams Award as the leagues top coach following Phillys upset of the Bruins in 1974. "My Dads inclusion tonight, into hockeys greatest team, would make him extremely proud," Ray Shero said on behalf of his father Fred. Heaney helped Canada to an Olympic silver medal at the 1998 Nagano Games and gold at the 2002 Games in Salt Lake City. She is one of three women inducted into the Hall of Fame as a player, joining Angela James and Cammi Granato. "As a young girl growing up in Toronto, I never dreamed Id be standing up here being inducted into the Hall of Fame," Heaney said. "It really does seem surreal but being only the third female to do so it really makes it more special." Cheap Fake Jordan Shoes . But that changed when he committed a five-minute major penalty and helped pave the way for a comeback by the Philadelphia Flyers. Vincent Lecavalier scored at 2:45 of overtime and the Flyers rallied from a two-goal deficit for a 5-4 victory on Sunday. Wholesale Vans For Sale . JOHNS, N. http://www.fakejordancheap.com/wholesale...plus-china.html. It was my fifth straight year attending and, as always, there are many interesting matters discussed as it pertains to the use of statistics in sports. Cheap Fake Air Force 1 . It certainly isnt a coincidence that Dwight Howard has scored at least 20 points in each game of the winning streak. Fake Vapormax For Sale . The Raptors had an early deadline Sunday, a dreaded afternoon game, and they left the bulk of their work until the last minute, as theyve done so many times before.SOCHI — Kevin Dineen has made up his mind. The Canadian womens Olympic hockey team head coach has decided on his starting goalie for the tournament opener. He even hinted that he has informed her. But whether the starter will be Charline Labonte or Genevieve Lacasse or Shannon Szabados against Switzerland at Shayba Arena on Saturday, the three will remain close teammates and continue to support one another. Theres no jealously here. They just want to win. “Weve been competing against each other since August,” Szabados said. “Were used to it. Its a competition. But its definitely a friendly competition. “We all want to be the one who plays. But were still good friends on and off the ice no matter who gets the call.” If you dont believe Szabados, check out the back of their masks. The three came up with a logo to represent their unity. The symbol is 312, with the numeral one situated slightly higher between the three and the two. Three-one-two may be the area code for Chicago, but for Labonte, Lacasse and Shannon it incorporates their sweater numbers of 1 (Szabados), 31 (Lacasse) and 32 (Labonte). “We have a great relationship,” Lacasse said. “We joke around a lot. Were competitors, but we like to have fun. “We also like to support each other. When one of us is struggling and not in the right place mentally we there with a tap on the pads in support. In the end its all about getting the gold medal.” The three come from different cities, different backgrounds and they each followed different paths to the national team. Mix of youth, experience in net Lacasse is the youngest of the three at 24. Her father was in the military. So she was raised in Fort Henry in Kingston. She became a goalie because her older brother Alex needed someone to take shots on. “I had my share of bloody lips and black eyes, but my Mom would put me up on the kitchen counter and fix me up and send me back out there,” Lacasse said.dddddddddddd. She earned a scholarship to Providence and has begun work on her MBA, which was put on hold this year in order to pursue her Olympic dream. Last season, Lacasse was brilliant in leading the Boston Blades to the Clarkson Cup championship in the CWHL. She was named goaltender of the year with a 1.26 goals against average. The 31-year-old Labonte is the most experienced of the three. Shes been with the national team for 13 years. Shes played with boys and against the boys with the QMJHLs Acadie-Bathurst Titan over two seasons when she was a teenager. Labonte of Boisbriand, Que. went to McGill University and led the Montreal school to back-to-back Canadian titles in 2008 and 2009. In 2010-11, McGill settled for bronze at the national tournament, but Labonte set a Canadian university record with an incredible 37 shutouts. She backed up Szabados in the gold-medal final four years ago in Vancouver. The latter had an outstanding game in blanking the United States. Szabados was raised in Edmonton and her idol was former Oilers netminder Bill Ranford, who had his name etched on the Stanley Cup as a player and as the goalie coach of the 2011-12 Los Angeles Kings. Szabados has attended Ranfords hockey school and they still exchange text messages to this day. Shes been a key player on the national team scene since 2006, earning great reviews with a 3-0 shutout over the U.S. in her debut. She played last season for the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology mens team and helped the Ooks to the their first provincial championship in 16 years. Each of the three have the credentials, but they know one will have to step up and shine if Canada has a shot at its fourth consecutive gold medal. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz