Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 98 mal aufgerufen
 - Ankündigungen -
carrie201918 Offline

24.04.2019 04:44
id, sometimes as a player when Antworten

SEATTLE -- Seattle Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon has run out of superlatives to describe Felix Hernandez. The Mariners ace allowed just one hit over eight innings while striking out nine, and Robinson Cano backed him with a two-run homer as Seattle earned a 3-0 victory over the Cleveland Indians on Sunday. "Felix is great. I dont have the adjectives to explain it anymore. Its just unbelievable," McClendon said. Hernandez allowed just Lonnie Chisenhalls single in the fifth inning and walked three in picking up his 10th victory of the season. It was Hernandezs ninth consecutive start where he has pitched at least seven innings and allowed two or fewer runs. During that stretch he is 6-1 with a 1.30 ERA. He struck out 77 while walking only 10. His 2.10 ERA is now tied with Masahiro Tanaka of the New York Yankees for best in the American League. "I think they were sitting on my changeup with two strikes. We struck out a lot of people with the fastball," Hernandez said. "The command of the fastball was really good. Mixed it up with my breaking ball for a strike and changeup was good, too." Its the first one-hitter thrown by the Mariners since Hernandez and Steve Delabar combined to one-hit the Minnesota Twins on May 5, 2012. It was the first time Cleveland had been held to just one hit since July 27, 2011, against the Los Angeles Angels. "He threw his breaking ball and his changeup early in the count and was able to throw that fastball late," Seattle catcher Mike Zunino said. "Its just tough when youve got four pitches and guys have to respect it, youre not always going to pick right. Hes doing a good job of mixing up and then making the pitch, too." Fernando Rodney pitched a perfect ninth inning for his 23rd save. The Mariners failed to take advantage early after loading the bases in the first inning against Cleveland starter T.J. House. After a leadoff single from Willie Bloomquist, Cano reached on an error by first baseman Nick Swisher while attempting to complete a double play. Kyle Seager singled and Zunino walked to load the bases, but House struck out Logan Morrison to get out of the jam. Hernandez didnt allow a hit through the first four innings, with a walk to Michael Brantley giving Cleveland its only baserunner. House (0-2) settled in as well, retiring 13 of the next 14 batters he faced to keep the game scoreless into the fifth inning. Chisenhall led off the fifth with a chopper back through the middle of the infield for Clevelands only hit. Carlos Santana would be the only runner Hernandez allowed to reach second base. Santana walked and advanced on a fielders choice in the sixth. "If (Cano) makes a spectacular play right there, its a no-hitter against us," Chisenhall said. "Fortunately, he didnt. We werent able to get anything going." Michael Saunders led off the sixth with a chopper that House fielded, but he threw wide of first base up the right field line and Saunders advanced to third on the error. Cano then snapped an 0-for-14 skid with a two-run shot to right that gave the Mariners a 2-0 lead. "I was looking for a pitch that I can at least hit out of the infield," Cano said. "Especially in that situation, no outs, thats what you want. Especially with (Hernandez) on the mound you just want to be able to do your job, especially when youve got men in scoring position." Cano singled to lead off the eighth and scored on a single from Zunino to give the Mariners an insurance run. NOTES: Hernandez surpassed Bob Feller (1,836) for the sixth-most strikeouts in a career before a players 29th birthday. Hernandezs nine strikeouts Sunday gives him 1,840 for his career. ... Cleveland pitchers had their streak of 15 consecutive scoreless innings snapped on Canos homer in the sixth inning. They had held Seattle scoreless since the eighth inning of Friday nights game. ... The Mariners optioned OF Stefen Romero to Triple-A Tacoma after the game to open a roster spot. ... Seattle is expected to call up RHP Taijuan Walker to make his season debut and start Mondays game against in Houston against the Astros. He will face off against Houston RHP Collin McHugh (4-6, 2.86 ERA). Cassius Marsh Jersey . Ozuna hit Reeds 2-2 pitch off the batters eye far above the 407-foot sign in straightaway centre. It was the fifth blown save in 25 tries for Reed (1-5) and the ninth home run the closer has allowed in 38 appearances. Nuno, acquired in the deal that sent Brandon McCarthy to the New York Yankees, gave up three hits, struck out a career-high seven and walked one in seven innings. Custom San Francisco 49ers Jerseys . Then youve got to worry about the other up and coming teams in the two weaker divisions in the "Junior Circuit". http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Ta...s-Moore-Jersey/. Louis Cardinals are one of Major League Baseballs model franchises. Mike McGlinchey 49ers Jersey . Granada defender Diego Mainz barged into the back of Villa to send the Spain striker to the ground inside the area and Costa stepped up to the spot to score his 12th league goal in the 38th minute. Costa showed no effects of the news that his Brazilian citizenship may be revoked after he elected to play for Spains national team, as the forward was a constant threat for Atletico and forced several saves from goalkeeper Roberto. Fred Warner 49ers Jersey .ca. Hi Kerry, Thursday nights Bruins-Blackhawks game had a goal by Patrice Bergeron initially waved off by the referee, but video review clarified it was a good goal.NEW YORK -- Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hell talk to Mariano Rivera in the off-season about whether the New York Yankees closer definitely wants to retire. Girardi told ESPNNewYork.com on Tuesday that he thought Rivera could still be a very effective closer next year. Girardi said hell advise baseballs career saves leader to take a month or two this winter to make sure he wants to walk away from the game even though hes stayed healthy all year. The 43-year-old Rivera announced his plans to retire during spring training and has been on something of a farewell tour around the majors all season. He insisted hes made his decision. "I told you guys already. I dont know why were talking about this," Rivera said. Girardi was asked about his comments after Rivera earned his 40th save in New Yorks 6-4 victory over the Chicago White Sox. The manager said hes not lobbying Rivera to return, he would simply be offering the perspective of a former player who retired at 39 because of aches and pains. Girardi said he knows its difficult for an older player to attempt a comeback after hanging up his spikes, so he thinks it would be wise for Rivera to know for sure. "I think its importannt that you let a player get away for a while and see what that feeling is when youre away from the game a month, two months, and to see if that feeling changes.dddddddddddd Because its hard to come back once you leave," Girardi said. Rivera struck out two of his three batters Tuesday night to reach 40 saves for the ninth time. That ties Trevor Hoffman for the major league record. "I never wanted to think that, could I have played a little bit more? And it was really evident for me because I physically couldnt stay healthy. Mo has seemed to be pretty healthy this year," Girardi said. "Its just a man whos retired talking to another man whos thinking about retiring. Just telling him my feelings on it, its not me lobbying him to come back. "As Ive said all along, Ive never wanted a player to come back if he doesnt want to come back. Because I want to make sure that his hearts right when its time. I believe hes going to retire, but as Ive said, sometimes as a player when youre in the midst of a season and youre grinding it out, your mind is one thing, and when you get away for a couple of months and your body feels pretty good, your mind is another thing." Blackhawks Jerseys Store Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Penguins Jerseys Store Capitals Jerseys For Sale Blues Jerseys Store Cheap Kings Jerseys Adidas Lightning Jerseys Stars Jerseys For Sale Cheap Predators Jerseys Ducks Store Sharks Jerseys For Sale Cheap Sabres Jerseys Rangers Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz