Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 91 mal aufgerufen
 Aus aktuellem Anlaß
carrie201918 Offline

29.04.2019 03:30
WASHINGTON -- The king of Canadian tennis isnt ready to give up his throne just yet. Milos Raonic delivered a strong message Sun Antworten

WASHINGTON -- The king of Canadian tennis isnt ready to give up his throne just yet. Milos Raonic delivered a strong message Sunday with a workmanlike 6-1, 6-4, win against countryman Vasek Pospisil in an anti-climactic Citi Open final in Washington, D.C. The match marked the first all-Canadian final in ATP history and took just 67 minutes to complete. "It gives me a lot of confidence," said Raonic, who earned his first ATP title of 2014 and will rise one spot in the latest ATP rankings and match his career-high of No. 6 in the world. "Ive always said that hard courts are by far my favourite, and having done as well I did on clay and grass (this year), it got me really excited about this week. For that to be my showing right away this week was great." Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., was nearly perfect in his first tournament since a semifinal run at Wimbledon. As the second seed in Washington, Raonic did not drop a set all week thanks largely to what the 13th-seeded Pospisil called "the best serve in the game right now." Raonic won 92 per cent of his first serve points in Sundays final and faced just one break point against in beating Pospisil for the second time in as many ATP meetings. Raonic also beat Pospisil in three sets in the semifinals of last years Rogers Cup in Montreal. "It was a combination of him playing very well and my being very heavy legged," said Pospisil, who spent more than 3 1/2 hours on court Saturday after his quarter-final match from Friday was delayed by rain. "I ran out of gas a little bit, it took me a while to get into the match, but credit to him, he played very well." Pospisil, from Vancouver, was playing in his first career ATP final. The 24-year-old is experiencing an incredible in-season turnaround, having reached at least the quarter-finals in four of his last five events, just months after a nagging back injury contributed to an eight-match losing streak from February through May. Pospisil will rise from 36th to 28th in the ATP world rankings. "It was a positive week for me," he said. "I couldnt expect too much out of myself today just given the 24 hours that I had with the day before. But it was a very positive week, (including) a top-5 win," against world No. 5 Tomas Berdych which eliminated the tournaments top seed. There was a definite Canadian feel surrounding Sundays final with fans sporting Canadian flags, pins and jerseys on the grounds of the William H.G. FitzGerald Tennis Center in Washington. "Its not just here," Raonic said. "With my doing as well as I have, and (Eugenie Bouchard) and Vasek and many more, its something where that kind of atmosphere has been more consistent following us around the world. Its nice to see that." The maiden all-Canadian final was the latest milestone for Tennis Canada and it just happened to take place on the eve of the countrys marquee tennis event, the Rogers Cup. Earlier this year at Wimbledon, Raonic became the first Canadian male to reach a Grand Slam semifinal, while Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Que., was the first Canadian to compete in a Grand Slam final. "It feels like theres history being made all the time," said Pospisil, who teamed with American Jack Sock to win the gentlemens doubles title at Wimbledon. "As a Canadian, I feel like Im hearing it all the time, whether it was at Wimbledon with Genie Bouchard or Milos, so yeah, its nice. But for me, I was thinking more that it was my first final (Sunday) which was great. But yeah, it was nice to be a part of." Raonic and Pospisil also posed with a Canadian flag for a pre-match photo on stadium court. Soon after, Raonic went to work, breaking Pospisil in the opening game of the match, and twice more in the 28-minute opening set. "It was great the way I started," Raonic said. "I couldnt have asked for more. I had a chance to break in every single game in the first set and then I continued to play solid after that. All in all, a very good performance in an important moment for me." The second set was more competitive with the crowd rallying behind Pospisil to force a decisive third set, as both players held serve through the first nine games. Raonic eventually broke with Pospisil serving to stay in the match at 4-5. Raonic clinched the win with a cross court backhand winner. "This one is different," Raonic said of his sixth career hard court title. "Now I go into every tournament, as I have for the past few weeks and months, believing I can win every tournament. In 2012 and 2013, it sort of had to be the right tournament for me. Now I feel like I can win any and every tournament." The next opportunity comes at the Rogers Cup in Toronto, where Sundays historic final from Washington aired on screens across the campus of York University. "History is being made," said Rogers Cup tournament director Karl Hale in Toronto. "As Canadians, were all very patriotic as we see with hockey and things like that. On the site here, for example, everybodys talking about that match, including the players. Its good to see Vasek come back after some injuries. Thats really exciting. And also for Canadians to see them on TV all the time and now we have two players in the final, its just amazing." NOTES: Gabriela Dabrowski from Ottawa won her first career WTA title at the Citi Open on Saturday. Dabrowski partnered with Shuko Aoyama of Japan to win the womens doubles championship. Tucker Barnhart Jersey . However, Therrien added that Galchenyuks status for next Wednesdays game against the Detroit Red Wings is questionable. Galchenyuk has been out since Jan. 6 with a broken right hand. Homer Bailey Jersey .I get texts: Do you know Drake? Have you met Drake? He sits there every night, he hears me cuss out the referees every night, Casey said, laughing. http://www.redsgearshop.com/Reds-Scott-Schebler-Kids-Jersey/. -- Lara Gut of Switzerland regained the overall World Cup lead with Sundays super-G win in Lake Louise, Alta. Scott Feldman Jersey . Thats exactly what happened. And they enjoyed every moment. Durant remained sizzling with 33 points, Serge Ibaka added 22 and the Thunder roared back from an abysmal start -- they trailed 22-4 early -- to embarrass the Miami Heat 112-95 on Wednesday night, erasing that big deficit out of the gate by outscoring the two-time defending champions by 43 points over a 33-minute span. Billy Hamilton Jersey .A. remained bitter for Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers on the long flight back home to New York.BOSTON - After the Celtics watched promising rookie Marcus Smart go down with a frightening injury, Jeff Green preserved their victory with the biggest rebound of the night.Bostons lead was down to one when Avery Bradley missed a jumper with about 6 seconds remaining, plenty of time for the short-handed Pacers to take it the other way for a potential game-winner. All that was in Indianas way was Green, perfectly positioned in the lane to pluck the ball out of the air, draw a foul and sink two free throws that sealed a 101-98 win Friday night.That was a great play, Boston coach Brad Stevens said. He kept his position off of a cut, which allowed him to get the offence rebound.Green finished with 15 points and seven rebounds, and Jared Sullinger led Bostons fourth-quarter push by scoring 11 of his 17 points in the final period.It was Bostons first victory since beating Brooklyn in the season opener, but the celebration was tempered by Smarts injury.Smart was carted to the locker room after crashing to the floor on a hard foul as he drove to the basket with 11:07 left. Smart never got up and his teammates gathered around as medical personnel attended to the injury. Boston fans chanted Smarts name and gave the guard a standing ovation as he was taken off on a gurney with his left leg elevated.It was very difficult. You hate to see a teammate go down, especially when hes playing well, Green said. That game was for him. We had to win it for him.Stevens said he was waiting on X-rays to see whether Smart sprained his ankle or broke it. After taking the speedy Oklahoma State guard with the sixth overall pick in the draft, the Celtics were collectively hoping it was a sprain.You think about how he feels. Your team is clearly affected by it because they care about him, which is a good sign, Stevens said. And then you have to go play and thats hard.Kelly Olynyk scored 12 points and Bradley had 11 for Boston.The Pacers (1-5) dressed only 10 players and used nine of them while losing their fifth straight, matching Indianas worst start since opening 1-5 in 1996-97.Roy Hibbert had 22 points and 11 rebounds for the Pacers. Chris Copeland scored 17, Donald Slloan added 15 and Luis Scola finished with 11 points and eight rebounds.ddddddddddddIn the past we were able to close out games. Weve just got to learn how to do that again with a whole new group of people, Hibbert said. You kind of take that for granted sometimes — to be able to have closers out there. But I believe in this group of guys. We have to turn it around.Despite the depleted lineup, Indiana rallied from a 13-point deficit in the first half and held a 75-73 lead after three quarters. Boston opened the next period with a 9-2 run and made 10 of its first 14 shots in the fourth, taking the lead for good at 79-77 on Sullingers jumper.The Pacers stayed within range down the stretch and had a chance to pull ahead after Rajon Rondo missed a putback attempt with Boston up 97-96. Sloan drove for a layup that missed and Bradley pulled down the rebound with 19 seconds to play.After a timeout, Bradley missed his jumper but Green was there for the clutch rebound.___TIP-INSPacers: Indiana has six players out with injuries. C.J. Miles became the latest one when he was scratched before the game because of a migraine. Miles, Rodney Stuckey (sore left foot) and David West (sprained right ankle) were all on the active roster but not available to play.Celtics: After committing 28 turnovers Wednesday in a loss to Toronto, the Celtics were considerably better at protecting the ball. Boston had no turnovers in the first quarter, three in the first half and 12 in the game.___CENTURY MARKThe Celtics topped 100 points for the first time since beating Brooklyn 121-105 in their opener. Boston also had its best defensive game, holding an opponent under 100 points for the first time. The Celtics had allowed at least 104 points in their first four games.___PESKY PACERSBoston took a 55-42 lead with 2:50 left in the second quarter, but Indiana closed the half on a 10-0 run and scored the first seven points of the third period to take a 59-57 lead. Indiana led 75-73 entering the fourth, but could not hold off the Celtics down the stretch.___UP NEXTPacers: At home against Washington on Saturday night.Celtics: At the Chicago Bulls on Saturday night. Cheap Twins Jerseys Wholesale Royals Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Authentic Indians Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Discount Blue Jays Jerseys Wholesale Rays Jerseys Cheap Yankees Jerseys Discount Red Sox Jerseys Discount Orioles Jerseys Discount Astros Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Athletics Jerseys Cheap Mariners Jerseys Rangers Jerseys From China Braves Jerseys Outlet Cheap Marlins Jerseys Wholesale Mets Jerseys Wholesale Phillies Jerseys Cheap Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Reds Jerseys From China Cheap Brewers Jerseys Wholesale Pirates Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Authentic Rockies Jerseys Dodgers Jerseys From China Wholesale Padres Jerseys Giants Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz