Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 103 mal aufgerufen
 - Ankündigungen -
carrie201918 Offline

05.05.2019 03:39
GLENEAGLES -- European captain Paul McGinley is having second thoughts about a Rory McIlroy-Graeme McDowell partnership in the R Antworten

GLENEAGLES -- European captain Paul McGinley is having second thoughts about a Rory McIlroy-Graeme McDowell partnership in the Ryder Cup. Attribute that to an ordinary record, not an acrimonious lawsuit. The Northern Irish duo has made it clear in recent weeks that McIlroys lawsuit against Dublin-based Horizon Sports Management -- which involves allegations against McDowell -- has not affected their friendship and would not be a problem at Gleneagles this week. "Both of them have assured me all along that theres no issue, and thats the way Ive always seen it," McGinley said Monday in the opening news conference of Ryder Cup week. "Whether they come together or not is another story." McDowell and McIlroy are longtime friends and major champions. They have been Ryder Cup partners for all but one session dating to 2010 at Wales, though their record is hardly impressive. They have won only two of those matches and halved another. "Three or four months ago, I had a very strong view that they would have been (partners)," McGinley said. "But the more I look at their statistics, and the more I look at the different value I have with them, Im thinking there may be a value in not doing it. But if I dont do it, it certainly wont be because of any issues. "As both of them have said, there are no issues between them and both will be happy to play together," he said. "But it will be my decision ultimately." Both teams arrived at Gleneagles on a relatively quiet day in which a haircut attracted most of the attention. Rickie Fowler, a teen idol in golf circles, stepped off the U.S. charter at Edinburgh with "USA" cut into the side of his hair. Even old-school Tom Watson, the 65-year-old American captain, liked it. "I thought it was terrific," Watson said. "It brings a light spirit to the team." The Americans flew overnight as a team, and planned little more than chipping and putting Monday before getting started on their practice rounds. Watson has reminded them from his vast experience -- only three American players were even born when Watson played his first Ryder Cup in 1977 -- not to worry if it takes a few days for their golf games to come around. Half of the European team lives in Florida and players began arriving in the U.K. over the last week. McIlroy left Horizon more than a year ago and their lawsuit is scheduled to go to trial as early as January. An Irish judge has recommended that both sides go through mediation because of sensitive material that would be public. Among other things, McIlroy has alleged that McDowell received more favourable contract terms from Horizon, and McIlroys lawyers have requested confidential documents. McDowell announced last week that he also was leaving Horizon, under amicable terms, to put his own team around him. They said they remain close and even had dinner together in Denver earlier this month. McIlroy has had only one other partner in his two Ryder Cups. He was with Ian Poulter in fourballs in the final session at Medinah two years ago, and it was memorable. Poulter birdied his last five holes to give Europe an improbable point, and plenty of momentum that carried the side to a stunning comeback to retain the cup. That has become a focal point for the American side. "I made it very clear to them that this trip is a redemption trip," Watson said. "Those players that played on that team, its time to make amends and try to redeem yourselves from what happened in 2012. I think its a motivation rather than a negative." Europe is considered a favourite, and McGinley believes that to be a badge of honour instead of a burden. "We have been favourites before," said McGinley, who has never been part of a losing Ryder Cup team as a player or vice captain. "And I think our players deserved it. The guys have worked very hard to be in the position they are." Even so, he has implored his team not to read too much into it. Europe has won only three of the last 13 sessions dating to 2008, and just two sessions in the last two Ryder Cups they won. The matches have been close, and the rosters of both teams indicated Gleneagles could be another replay of that. "This is not a weak American team," McGinley said. "We might be slight favourites with the bookies, but the two teams are very well balanced and very close together. We know its going to be a very tough contest ahead of us." Virgil van Dijk Liverpool Jersey . But San Diego had even more trouble against right-hander Tanner Roark, who pitched a three-hitter for the first complete game of his career as the Nationals shut out the Padres 4-0. The 27-year-old set down the first 16 batters before San Diego catcher Rene Rivera, an . Loris Karius Jersey . LOUIS -- St. http://www.liverpoolgear.us/Authentic-Tr...verpool-Jersey/. After making his All-Star debut in Fridays Rising Stars Challenge, the Raptors sophomore centre wont be sticking around for the duration of the weekends festivities, thinking about the big picture instead. Roberto Firmino Liverpool Jersey . A better question yet may be this: How many times has the same player been involved in both? Morneau hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning and helped the Colorado Rockies turn the third triple play in team history as they beat the San Diego Padres 8-6 on Sunday. Sadio Mane Jersey .The third-seeded Murray, who won here in 2009, will face seventh-seeded Kevin Anderson of South Africa next on the indoor hard court.NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Titans have fired vice-president of player personnel Lake Dawson and streamlined their football administration.The Titans announced the moves Friday.General manager Ruston Webster also announced that both Blake Beddingfield, the Titans director of college scouting, and Brian Gardner, their pro scouting co-ordinator, will report directly to him.Webster says in a statement it was not an easy decision but wiill help the Titans tighten both their college and pro operations.dddddddddddd He says the Titans will not hire a new vice-president of player personnel.A wide receiver who played six years in the NFL, Dawson had been with the Titans since 2007, starting as director of pro personnel before being promoted to vice-president of football operations in 2011.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Bruins Jerseys Wholesale Sabres Jerseys Red Wings Jerseys From China Wholesale Canadiens Jerseys Wholesale Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Discount Hurricanes Jerseys Blue Jackets Jerseys Outlet Adidas Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Rangers Jerseys From China Discount Flyers Jerseys Discount Penguins Jerseys Discount Capitals Jerseys Wholesale Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Team USA Hockey Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Wholesale Wild Jerseys Discount Predators Jerseys Discount Blues Jerseys Discount Ducks Jerseys Adidas Coyotes Jerseys Flames Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Oilers Jerseys Discount Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Golden Knights Jerseys Outlet Authentic NHL Winter Classic Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz