Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 - Ankündigungen -
carrie201918 Offline

08.05.2019 08:25
TORONTO – Marcus Stromans first career major league start began as the story of the day but once the Blue Jays were done waxing Antworten

TORONTO – Marcus Stromans first career major league start began as the story of the day but once the Blue Jays were done waxing the Kansas City Royals, 12-2, in another record-setting fashion, he was happy to offer the proverbial tip of the cap to his offence. "The lineup is like playing a video game with a cheat team," he said. "Everyones like 100-level." By the time the first inning was over the Blue Jays led 7-0 on the strength of five hits, three walks and two hit batsman off Royals right-hander Aaron Brooks, wholl have far fewer fond memories of his first big league start than his mound opponent. Toronto set a franchise record; never before had the first eight hitters of a game reaching base safely. The cushion gave Stroman an opportunity to relax and he went to work with a dazzling curveball, striking out six Royals over six innings. The likes of Alcides Escobar, Eric Hosmer and Billy Butler succumbed as the pitch darted down and toward the left-handers batters box. "It was sharp today," said Stroman. "Me and (Dioner Navarro) got on a pretty good roll and whatever he was calling I was throwing and it just kept trickling in. I felt like we were pounding the zone pretty well." "You could even see the reaction of the hitters after they were swinging at it," said Navarro. "Hopefully he builds up from this start and keeps going strong and help us out throughout the whole season." Stromans final line: Six innings, one earned run, five hits, zero walks and six strikeouts. Manager John Gibbons offered a quick quip when asked if the 23-year-old had earned another start. "I think itd be crazy not to," said Gibbons. "I told you Im dumb, not stupid." Stroman started in place of Drew Hutchison, whose next start was pushed back to Tuesday for the series opener in Detroit. While nothing is ailing Hutchison, he has thrown 65 innings in 11 starts already this season. Pro-rate that over an expected 33 or 34 starts and Hutchison would be at, or close to, the 200-inning mark. Coming off a year-long rehabilitation of Tommy John elbow surgery and with limited minor league innings under his belt last year, the Blue Jays will take hand-picked opportunities to give Hutchison extended breathers. While the plan runs contrary to Hutchisons ultra-competitive nature, the 23-year-old is okay with the idea. "It was already kind of mentioned to me a little bit," said Hutchison. "I knew at some point this was probably going to happen. Of course I want to take the ball every five days, its something you take pride in doing but this is something I think will enable me to pitch all year and be beneficial." Hutchison threw a bullpen session on Sunday morning. "To keep it like it would be on my normal, five-day routine," said Hutchison. "Just to try to keep it the same so Ill be crisp leading up to (Tuesdays start)". RED HOT MAY The Blue Jays wrapped up a 21-9 May to improve their overall record to 33-24. The strong month comes on the heels of an 0-1 March and a 12-14 April. While pleased, manager John Gibbons delved into the personal history file to throw a bit of cold water on the excitement. "I think in 08 in May we won 20 games, we had the best record in baseball and I got fired three weeks later," said Gibbons. "I always enjoy a good month but it means absolutely nothing in June." Gibbons is right. Toronto went 20-10 in May, 2008 and had a record of 31-27 as a result. He was axed on June 20 with the club on a five-game losing streak and with a 4-12 record to that point in the month. As another point of reference: Toronto dropped a 4-3, 17-inning game in San Diego last May 31, which dropped the Blue Jays record to 23-32. Nick Chubb Jersey . An unconventional night for Texas-El Paso nearly led to the Miners getting a huge upset. Down by 14 with 2:21 left, the Miners went on a frantic closing spurt that fell just short, and UTEP was beaten by No. T. J. Carrie Browns Jersey . -- Kyle Busch edged teammate Joey Logano at the Bristol Motor Speedway finish line Friday night to become the all-time winningest driver in Nationwide Series. http://www.footballbrownsnflprostore.com...y-Elite-Jersey/. -- The Green Bay Packers have signed quarterback Graham Harrell to the active roster from the practice squad and placed tight end Andrew Quarless on injured reserve. Antonio Callaway Jersey . With timely hitting and good pitching, the Marlins are one win away from sweeping the slumping Houston Astros. Austin Corbett Browns Jersey .500. The Jets have now won nine of their last 11, and five of their last six road games. With the win they moved to within two points of Vancouver in the west, the Canucks holding down the eighth spot. Vancouver lost in Boston, while the other big game saw Dallas win in Phoenix.New York, NY (Sports Network) - Alabama remained the top team in college football, keeping its lofty position in the latest Associated Press poll. Notre Dame, which lost to the Crimson Tide in last years BCS National Championship game, tumbled out of the poll after a home loss to Oklahoma. Alabama improved to 4-0 with a 25-0 victory over then-No. 21 Ole Miss on Saturday. The Crimson Tide received 55 first-place votes -- one fewer than last week -- and a total of 1,495 points from a nationwide media panel. Oregon, after a 55-16 rout of California, again picked up an extra No. 1 vote for a total of five and held on to the second spot, followed again by Clemson, Ohio State and Stanford. Georgia moved up three spots to sixth after a 44-41 win over LSU, which dropped four spots to 10th. Louisville, Florida State and Texas A&M are sandwiched between the SEC powers. The second 10 consists of Oklahoma, UCLA, South Carolina, Miami-Florida, Washington, Nortthwestern, Baylor, Florida, Michigan and Texas Tech.dddddddddddd Oklahoma moved up three spots after its 35-21 win in South Bend. Oklahoma State, Arizona State, Fresno State, Ole Miss and Maryland are the last five teams ranked. Oklahoma State tumbled 10 spots from 11th after a 30-21 loss at West Virginia. Arizona State and Maryland are this weeks newcomers, replacing Notre Dame and Wisconsin, the latter losing at Ohio State. Arizona State improved to 3-1, following up a 42-28 loss at Stanford last week with a 62-41 home win over Southern California on Saturday, a victory that ended the tenure of USC coach Lane Kiffin, while Maryland is 4-0 and was idle this weekend after a 37-0 rout of West Virginia last Saturday. The Terrapins will have a tough test in their first game as a ranked team this year with a visit to Florida State next Saturday. Two other ranked matchups pit Ohio State at Northwestern and Stanford at home against Washington. Wholesale Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys China Cheap Stitched Yankees Jerseys Cheap Stitched Rays Jerseys Wholesale Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Wholesale Tigers Jerseys Royals Jerseys China Cheap Stitched Twins Jerseys Cheap Stitched Astros Jerseys Wholesale Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys China Wholesale Mariners Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Rangers Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Braves Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys Wholesale Mets Jerseys Cheap Stitched Phillies Jerseys Wholesale Nationals Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Online Wholesale Reds Jerseys Cheap Brewers Jerseys Online Cheap Pirates Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Authentic Cheap Rockies Jerseys Authentic Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Authentic Cheap Padres Jerseys Online Wholesale Giants Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz