Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 109 mal aufgerufen
 Zauberreich
panxing18 Offline

17.05.2019 04:58
Besides that we get to keep some really good players. Antworten

"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Houston Astros NewsGame ThreadsHouston Astros Minor LeaguesAstros Game DayPodcastsWhat the Contract Extensions Really MeanNew Steve Pearce Jersey ,81commentsBesides that we get to keep some really good players.CDTShareTweetShareShareWhat the Contract Extensions Really MeanKim Klement-USA TODAY SportsAs you all know, the Astros have agreed to contract extensions this week with Alex Bregman and Ryan Pressly. Bregman signed for $100 million/6 years, and Pressly for $17.5 million/2 years.The general consensus is that these are both team friendly contracts.Reportedly the Astros are closing in on a deal with Justin Verlander for two years, $66 million.And last year 2017 MVP Jose Altuve signed an extension with the Astros as well, also considered a team friendly contract.Besides the fact that the Astros are locking in star players long-term, and have Carlos Correa under team control until 2022, here’s the real good news about these team friendly extensions.Of course Alex Bregman said it best:“I wanted to play here. I didn’t want to play anywhere else. I wanted to be in orange and blue for as long as I possibly can. I love this organization, I want to win here for a long time.”Apparently J. D. Martinez Jersey , that’s what MVP’s Altuve and Verlander think too. And maybe that’s why All-Star Michael Brantley signed such a team friendly free agent contract to come to Houston.Bottom line: It looks like the Astros is becoming the clubhouse where all the cool kids come to play. So besides drafting well, and developing talent well, maybe that’s how a mid-market team can compete long-term with the big boys.As one our our favorite commenters likes to say:“The Astros are going to be good for a long time.” TORONTO (AP) — While Major League Baseball no longer has a single player who was active during the previous century, it now has its first player born in this one.Blue Jays right-hander Elvis Luciano became the youngest pitcher in Toronto history when he debuted Sunday against the Detroit Tigers. Luciano, who turned 19 on Feb. 15, allowed one hit in 1 1/3 scoreless innings.“I feel very good about it and very proud of myself,” Luciano said through a translator. “I wasn’t nervous at all. I was anxious because I really wanted to do the best I could for the team.”Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo was impressed with Luciano’s performance, especially a fastball that reached 96 mph.“Just to pitch in that moment Paul Goldschmidt Jersey , in that situation, that shows you a lot,” Montoyo said after his team lost 4-3 in 11 innings. “For sure he’s not nervous. He’s got the stuff to compete in the big leagues.”Pitching with runners at the corners and two outs in the seventh, Luciano retired the first batter he faced, Nicholas Castellanos, on a fly to center.“Good fastball,” Castellanos said. “He came right at me — he wasn’t shy. He did his job and got me out. Hopefully if he has a 20-year major league career, I can say that I was the first guy he ever got out.”Luciano got slugger Miguel Cabrera on a fly ball to the wall in left field for his first out of the eighth.“That was a ‘wow’ right there http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-pat-neshek-jersey ,” Luciano said. “When I was 12 years old, Cabrera was my favorite player. I used to be an infielder and when I saw him, when I knew that I was going to face him, that was the proudest moment of the entire day for me.”Niko Goodrum’s one-out double was the only hit off Luciano.“I was just trying to get a heater,” Goodrum said. “He has a good arm.”The Blue Jays got Luciano from Kansas City in the Rule 5 draft at the winter meetings last December. He hadn’t pitched above rookie ball in two minor league seasons before this year.Adrian Beltre and Bartolo Colon were the final two big leaguers who were active in the last century, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.Brian Milner is the youngest player in Blue Jays history. The catcher was 18 years and 218 days old when he debuted with Toronto against Cleveland in June 1978.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz