Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 73 mal aufgerufen
 Zauberreich
panxing18 Offline

21.05.2019 07:52
Vikings short on defensive ends heading into Antworten

Philadelphia Going into their game in Philadelphia on Sunday afternoon Mike Hughes Jersey , the Minnesota Vikings are dealing with a couple of injury issues. Some of those issues have left them short at a pretty important position, and it will be interesting to see how they handle it.Tashawn Bower (ankle) and Everson Griffen (personal issues) are both going to miss Sunday’s game for the Vikings, which means that they only have two defensive ends on the roster healthy enough to play on Sunday: Danielle Hunter and Stephen Weatherly. Weatherly has started the past two games in Griffen’s absence, and Hunter has had a strong start to the season. The rest of the defensive end depth chart, however, is on the shelf in some way. The Vikings had signed Jonathan Wynn to the practice squad earlier this week, but as of Saturday night had not made a move to place him on the main roster.It will be interesting to see how the Vikings handle this, and there are a couple of different potential solutions. First, the Vikings have rookie Jalyn Holmes available and could potentially use him as a defensive end. Holmes has not been active for a game yet this year Armon Watts Minnesota Vikings Jerseys , and primarily worked on the inside in camp as a three-technique tackle. However, he played a lot of defensive end in college and could fill that spot in a pinch.The other solution. . .and one that I’d, frankly, like to see. . .involved linebacker Anthony Barr. During the offseason, the Vikings had said that they were going to attempt to use Barr more as a hand-in-the-dirt defensive end, particularly in pass-rushing situations. However, we haven’t really seen much of that during this early portion of the regular season. With the situation the Vikings are currently looking at, however, they might not have much of a choice. The upside of that is that it would give Barr the opportunity to get after the opposing quarterback Minnesota Vikings Jerseys 2019 , and it would keep him far away from opposing wide receivers. This can only be considered a good thing.Like I said, I’m not sure exactly what the Vikings are going to do as far as their defensive end situation on Sunday, but they don’t have a whole lot of readily-available solutions at this point, either. He spoke to TMZ a few days ago"With just over 3,000 votes having been cast in our poll from yesterday, less than a quarter of Minnesota Vikings fans would bring back linebacker Anthony Barr in 2019 over defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson or letting both of those players walk. For his part, Barr certainly appears to be open to the possibility of moving on.Your browser does not support HTML5 video.In speaking with TMZ. . .yes, I know. . .Barr said that he loves Minnesota, but will be signing wherever he thinks he has the best fit.Barr has often said that he plays better going forward than going backward Armon Watts Jersey nfl draft , and presumably that means he’d be happier playing in a scheme that would see him doing more rushing the passer than playing in coverage. Since coming to Minnesota, he’s been an outside linebacker in the team’s 4-3 base defense, and the talk that he would spend more time going after the quarterback (and even spending some time as a defensive end) never really materialized in 2018.Barr is likely going to command a very big contract this offseason, and if he would like to take his talents to a team that will allow him to do that, even if that’s as a 3-4 outside linebacker type, he would be able to do that. At this point, I’m not sure how optimistic I’d be about #55 coming back to Minnesota next year. But, there’s a lot that can happen between now and mid-March when the new league year starts.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz