Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 100 mal aufgerufen
 Zauberreich
panxing18 Offline

18.06.2019 04:00
LOS ANGELES (AP) — In a game dripping with W Antworten

orld Series nostalgia Brad Hand Jersey , not everybody was willing to embrace the symbolism Friday after the Houston Astros earned a 2-1 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers at Dodger Stadium.Justin Verlander struck out 14 Dodgers and George Springer brought home two runs on double as the Astros appeared to pick up where last fall’s World Series ended: In a Game 7 victory for Houston.But Astros manager A.J. Hinch knows there are still two more games remaining in this series so he wasn’t ready to raise a banner for this one.“We’ve had good vibes since then too,” Hinch said, when asked about last fall. “This is a good place, but let’s not overdramatize it. It’s just a series.”Perhaps. But none of the players seemed to treat it that way.Verlander was willing to admit that it meant more. In no way was Friday’s game anywhere near a World Series environment, but for a regular-season game in August, the right-hander was impressed. He seemed motivated as well while tying a season high for strikeouts.“This is not your average ballgame midweek, this is a big atmosphere, great ballclub with World Series aspirations and we played them in the World Series last year,” Verlander said. “We beat them and we’re in their ballpark. It kind of adds up to a great atmosphere. I expected nothing less and I didn’t feel disappointed. The fans were awesome.”Verlander won his first career regular-season start at Dodger Stadium, giving up one run on four hits over 7 2/3 innings. He pitched well in last year’s World Series but had a loss and a no-decision in his two starts.Springer was the unquestioned star of last year’s World Series against the Dodgers. He had five home runs, including homers in games 4, 5, 6 and 7. It appeared to be more of the same Friday when he worked a walk in the first inning and ripped an RBI double to left in the second that brought home a second run when center fielder Cody Bellinger mishandled the ball. Springer did not think the two runs would be enough.“Not with the past experience with those guys over there,” Springer said. “But our guy (Verlander) was lights out again today. He was in control of the game from the start and he threw the ball well.”The Dodgers’ Joc Pederson led off in the first inning with a home run off Verlander. It was his second straight game he’s led off with a homer and fifth time this season. He has eight in his career.Offense was hard to come by after that for the Dodgers. Chris Taylor had singles in the third and eighth innings off Verlander. Bellinger had a single in the fourth.“We have success when we don’t try to do too much off him,” Bellinger said. “We just look for hard hits. Verlander gets stronger as the game goes on which is pretty crazy. It’s hard to hit.”Verlander struck out the side in both the second and fourth innings and set down Pederson in the eighth inning for his 14th and final strikeout before he was removed. Astros reliever Hector Rondon recorded the final four outs for his 11th save.Wood (7-6) went six innings, but after a visit from a member of the Dodgers medical staff http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authentic-brad-hand-jersey , he was removed as he came out to warm up in the seventh inning. Wood gave up two runs on four hits with four strikeouts and three walks and was diagnosed with the same hamstring cramp that plagued him earlier in the year.“I feel like my last couple of games my stuff has been the best consistently it’s just kind of dotting and nasty,” Wood said. “I’ve been working on getting my hand up and I think my command is hurt a little from that, but the direction I’ve been heading in feels good. I’m trying to shorten my arm swing and have seen that work in the quality of my stuff.”RETIREMENT ‘DREDodgers OF Andre Ethier, who drove in Los Angeles’ only run in Game 7 of last year’s World Series defeat, officially announced his retirement with an on-field ceremony Friday.Ethier, who has not played with any team this season, hit 162 home runs with a .285 batting average in 12 seasons, all with the Dodgers. He was limited to just 38 regular season games the past two years because of multiple injuries.TRAINER’S ROOMAstros: SS Carlos Correa (lower back soreness) played seven innings Thursday on a rehab assignment with Double-A Corpus Christi, was given a day off Friday and is scheduled to play both Saturday and Sunday. … 2B Jose Altuve (right knee soreness) is eligible to come off the disabled list Tuesday, but manager A.J. Hinch said he is not confident Altuve will play in Tuesday’s game at San Francisco. … C Brian McCann (arthroscopic knee surgery) got into a catcher’s squat Friday for the first time since his early July surgery and will start working to build up his strength.Dodgers: RHP Erik Goeddel (right lat inflammation) was placed on the 10-day disabled list opening a roster spot for RHP John Axford, who was acquired in a trade from the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday. … LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu (left groin strain) will have another rehab outing next week, possibly at Triple-A Oklahoma City, after throwing four scoreless innings for Single-A Rancho Cucamonga on Thursday. … LHP Tony Cingrani (left shoulder strain) received a cortisone shot after a setback in his recovery, but is expected to resume activity next week after a new MRI showed no significant damage in his shoulder.UP NEXTAstros: RHP Lance McCullers (10-6, 4.06 ERA) will pitch Saturday, coming off his fourth career 11-strikeout performance Sunday against the Rangers.Dodgers: RHP Kenta Maeda (7-6 Tyson Ross Jersey , 3.48) will make his first career regular-season appearance against the Astros on Saturday. Machado solidified shortstop position for second half and playoff push"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 2019 Spring TrainingProspectsCommentaryNews and NotesPlayer Profiles2018 Dodgers Review:Manny MachadoNew,34commentsMachado solidified shortstop position for second half and playoff pushBycraigminamiDec 29, 2018, 12:00pm PSTShareTweetShareShare2018 Dodgers Review:Manny MachadoJayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY SportsOn Wednesday July 18th, the Dodgers completed a trade for Baltimore Orioles shortstop Manny Machado.The Dodgers sent five players to the Orioles:outfielder Yusniel Diaz, infielder Rylan Bannon, infielder Breyvic Valera, right-handed pitcher Dean Kremer and right-handed pitcher Zach Pop.Machado would start 49 games at shortstop and 16 at third base for the Dodgers in the second half of the season.He also started all 19 games in the postseason.What went rightAs a Dodger, Machado hit .318/.437/.553 in 103 plate appearances against left-handed pitching.Also his overall total of 13 home runs in the second half, tied him with Max Muncy for the team lead in the second half.What went wrongThe Dodgers trailed the Brewers two games to one game as they were playing in extra-innings in Game 4 of the National League Championship Series.Machado was fined an undisclosed amount for what he did to Jes煤s Aguilar.Machado had a few incidents like that and also his effort when running out batted balls was sometimes less than what it could have been.Prior to this game on October 16th, Ken Rosenthal from The Athletic and Fox Sports released an interview with Machado and one quote got a lot of play after the story came out.“Obviously I’m not going to change, I’m not the type of player that’s going to be ‘Johnny Hustle,’ and run down the line and slide to first base and 鈥?you know, whatever can happen. That’s just not my personality, that’s not my cup of tea, that’s not who I am.”Almost five weeks after that interview Allen Craig Jersey , Machado spoke with MLB.com writer Mark Feinsand and said here that he was sorry he wasn’t clear enough when he spoke to Rosenthal in October.“When I was asked that question, I was definitely on the defensive, and I was wrong to answer it the way that I did, because looking back, it doesn’t come across how I meant it,” Machado said in the interview that was certainly geared toward to his free agency discussions.“But I know how I said it and how that came across, and it’s something I take responsibility for. I look forward to talking with each GM and owner that we meet with about that, or any other questions they have.”2018 particularsAge:26Stats: .297/.367/.538 in 163 games with 37 home runs and 107 runs batted in.In Los Angeles, Machado batted 273/.338/.487 with 13 home runs.Game of the yearIn Game 4 of the National League Divsional Series, Machado went 2-for-5 with a three-run homer that put the game out of reach and Dodgers would go on to their third straight National League Championship Series.Roster statusManny Machado was one of the two premier free agents to hit the market this offseason.Reportedly, Machado will make a decision in early January, the teams that are most rumored to be involved are the New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies and the Chicago White Sox.Since Machado was traded during the season to the Dodgers, he does not have any entanglements with a Qualifying Offer attached to him so any team that signs him will not lose a draft pick or any other compensation.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz