Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 97 mal aufgerufen
 Von Adam Kadmon bis Jeus / Inkarnationen
Cl11234566 Offline

13.11.2019 03:02
Vegas with Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski Antworten

DENVER -- The Colorado Avalanche are back in the post-season. But they may have to move on without Matt Duchene. If Semyon Varlamov continues his breakout season, the Avalanche might not miss their leading scorer. Varlamov had a season-high 47 saves and Colorado clinched its first playoff berth in four years with a 3-2 win over the San Jose Sharks on Saturday. Center John Mitchell had a goal and an assist for the Avalanche, who moved past Chicago into second place in the Central Division with 100 points in what might have been a costly victory. Duchene suffered a left knee injury on the opening shift Saturday when he collided with teammate Jamie McGinn near the Sharks blue line. He fell to the ice and then gingerly skated to the bench. He is scheduled to have an MRI on Sunday. "Well know more after that," coach Patrick Roy said. "Its not good news for him and its not good news for us. Its the way its been all year." Despite the injuries -- Colorado has lost top-six forwards Alex Tanguay and P.A. Parenteau -- the constant has been Varlamov. He came through again against the relentless Sharks, who threw 74 shots at him. Colorado blocked 25. "Im guessing he was the first star," San Jose coach Todd McLellan said of Varlamov. "He should be." Down a player, Varlamov made up for it with an outstanding performance. He stopped 20 shots in the third period, many during the final minutes when the Sharks were trying to get the equalizer. His 37 wins are the most in the NHL and a big reason the Avalanche reached 100 points for the first time in 10 years. "Hes been tremendous," captain Gabe Landeskog said. "I think its safe to say we wouldnt be here without him." Colorado was a mainstay in the playoffs when the franchise moved to Denver in 1995. After winning the Stanley Cup for a second time in 2001, the Avalanche reached the Western Conference finals the following season before heading into lean times. Now they have a chance to return to the glory years with a young, eager group. "Were certainly not satisfied with just squeaking into the playoffs, we want to do damage," Landeskog said. Mitchell moved up to centre Colorados top line, and came through with a big power-play goal to give Colorado a 3-1 lead at 6:32 of the second period. "It came right to me slow enough so I could get a forehand shot and I just one-timed it into the back of the net," Mitchell said. "I was just at the right place at the right time." Paul Stastny and Cody McLeod also scored for Colorado. Varlamovs strong play beforehand helped Colorado maintain a 2-1 lead. The Sharks outshot the Avalanche 11-3 in the second, many of those coming early when they were trying to tie it. Joe Pavelski and Dan Boyle scored for the Sharks, who are 1-2-2 in their past five games but still hold a slim lead for first place in the Pacific over Anaheim. Goalie Alex Stalock had 19 saves for San Jose before being pulled for an extra attacker in the final minute. "I thought we played extremely well, thought we generated a lot of chances," Joe Thornton said. "Its just sometimes you dont win those types of games." Boyle cut the lead to 3-2 when he took a pass from James Sheppard and scored off Varlamovs left shoulder 2:03 after Mitchell. It was his 10th goal of the season. The Sharks got a chance to tie on a 4-on-3 power play after Ryan OReilly took his first penalty of the season, a minor for playing with a broken stick. Stastnys 26th goal 1:33 into the game gave Colorado a 1-0 lead. Pavelski tied it on the power play less than two minutes later with his 38th. The Sharks had another power-play chance midway through the first, but McLeod sneaked behind the defence, took a long pass from Nick Holden off Boyles glove and beat Stalock to give Colorado a 2-1 lead. "I took my eye off the puck for a fraction of a second to make sure I wasnt going to get drilled," Boyle said. "I just caught a piece of it and missed it. Thats an unfortunate bounce." NOTES: Mitchell returned to the lineup after missing four games with a back injury. ... The Sharks reassigned F Freddie Hamilton to Worcester of the AHL on Friday. ... McGinn played after skipping practice Friday. He took a shot off his foot in Thursdays win over Vancouver. Ozzie Albies Jersey . Dwyane Wade followed a few days later. Fake Braves Jerseys . -- Craig Anderson has quite a record against his former team, the Florida Panthers. https://www.cheapbraves.com/1483o-sonny-...sey-braves.html. "He started putting me on the ice to strengthen them at the suggestion from a doctor," he said. Weight said it wasnt a pretty sight at the rink in St. Clair Shores, Mich. "I looked like Forrest Gump," he joked. Brian McCann Braves Jersey . The unrestricted free agent agreed to terms with the club on Thursday on a one-year, two-way deal worth $700,000. Warren Spahn Braves Jersey . The 25-year-old Brazilian player has only made four Premier League appearances for United this season and underwent a medical test in Italy on Friday. BEREA, Ohio -- Johnny Manziels No. 2 jersey has double meaning. Hes behind Brian Hoyer. Browns coach Mike Pettine said Hoyer is "securely ahead" in the competition to be Clevelands starting quarterback this season, but his lead over Manziel isnt "insurmountable." After the Browns ended their three-day mandatory minicamp Thursday, Pettine sized up the battle as a friendly fight that will heat up when the team opens training camp late in July. Pettine said Hoyer, who is recovering from knee surgery and has been limited during practices, still has a grip on the starting job -- for now. "Its been hard to evaluate because Brian hasnt been able to take the 11-on-11 reps, but when we put the depth chart together, Brian will be No. 1," he said. Pettine agrees with Browns general manager Ray Farmers evaluation that Manziel, the wildly popular 2012 Heisman Trophy winner and first-round draft pick from Texas A&M, has some catching up to do. Manziel is trailing Hoyer, but maybe not by much. "I dont think its insurmountable," Pettine said. "Brian is securely ahead of him right now, but we will compete and we will decide. The issue for us as a staff is finding the right time to name a starter. If you wait too late, then nobodys ready for the opener, if you do it too soon, then it wasnt a true competition. "That will be part of our discussions as well as far as OK, heres the plan, heres a date that we want to go ahead and name him." During recent workouts open to the media, Manziel has shown some of the flashes that earned him the Johnny Football nickname in college. But there have also been moments where he looked like another lost rookie. Pettine made it clear the Browns have not made any decisions and the competition is still in its infancy. "We havent really been in the mode of thinking, Hes this far ahead today. How much was the gap closed?" Pettine said. "Theyre still learning the bbasics of the offence.dddddddddddd The rookies havent been here very long. Theyre playing catch-up from a playbook standpoint. So at this point, we really werent keeping score. " Pettine kept Hoyer and Manziel off limits to reporters this week, hoping to contain a story thats expected to only grow. In the next few weeks, Pettine and his staff will decide how to best divide the snaps between Hoyer and Manziel. Pettine said its safe to assume the duties will be shared. "I dont know how even well get it, but there will definitely be times when Johnny will be with the ones (starters)," Pettine said. "It would be hard to evaluate if we didnt that. If there wasnt a competition, then it would just be strictly ones and ones, twos and twos. We havent met to go over that." Pettine also plans to play Manziel with Clevelands starting offence in exhibition games. "If a guy has a chance to be a starter, I would think that youd want to expose him to a starting defence if he was going to be the guy opening day," said Pettine. Manziel has made some headlines with his off-the-field antics in recent weeks. He partied poolside in Las Vegas with Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski and was filmed spraying champagne on patrons in a nightclub. Last weekend, he was in Austin, Texas, where he was photographed lying on an inflatable swan raft in a pool, drinking champagne. Pettine wont micromanage Manziel or any of his players as long as theyre not involved in anything thats criminal or affects their jobs. But with a long break coming up, hes hoping all the Browns steer clear of danger. "Its nervous any time your entire team is dismissed," he said. "As a coach, you hear your phone ring and you kind of look at it with one eye, hoping its not an issue coming up. We talked to them about it. We wanted to make sure that they handled themselves well. The advice was: Learn the system, stay in shape, stay out of trouble." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz