Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Von Adam Kadmon bis Jeus / Inkarnationen
Cl11234566 Offline

13.11.2019 03:02
second instalment that begins shooting in the spring Antworten

MOOSE JAW, Sask. - John Chick could have been a Hamilton Tiger-Cat. He chose the Saskatchewan Roughriders instead. On Sunday, he will find out if he made the right decision. The fourth-year defensive end will play in his third league championship game when the Riders host Hamilton in the 101st Grey Cup at Mosaic Stadium. "This is where I played before. This was more like home to me," Chick said Wednesday following Saskatchewans practice, which was moved indoors and to Moose Jaw due to wind chill values that were flirting with minus-30 C. "It was the best opportunity. There was no other answer for me." Chick played for the Riders from 2007-09 before leaving for three seasons in the NFL. The suitors came calling when he was released by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the spring and it was reported that the Ticats were prepared to make him a substantial offer. But like the 27 quarterbacks hes dropped behind the line of scrimmage in his CFL career, the rumour mill ground to a halt at the end of May when Chick finally signed with the Roughriders. "I dont even want to think about that," Chick said of his conversations with the Ticats. "There was talk … I had communication with (Hamilton head coach and GM) Kent Austin. Obviously he coached me in 07 here and (it was) just more so talking. "Im happy for him that hes got a good job over there but well be friends after this game." Chick made friends with Austin very quickly during his storybook beginning to his CFL career in 2007. He was Saskatchewans nominee for rookie of the year honours and contributed a forced fumble and a quarterback sack in the league championship game as the Riders beat Winnipeg for their first Grey Cup in 18 years. His exit, by contrast, was almost the polar opposite. Chick jetted south almost immediately on the heels of the infamous 13th-man debacle that cost Saskatchewan the 2009 Grey Cup. The Riders struggled following his departure, losing the 2010 Grey Cup and following that with seasons of five and eight wins. His return will be defined in a few short days. So far its been a success, as he scored eight sacks in 2013 to tie for the team lead with Ricky Foley and Tearrius George. "I couldnt imagine Chick playing in any other colour but green," said second-year Riders defensive back Terrell Maze. "But (Hamilton) would have had a great player and Im sure glad hes with us." A big part of Chicks job is mentoring the younger players on the team — guys like Maze, who came up with two of Calgarys seven turnovers in the West Division final. "Having veterans like John Chick around means a lot because theyve been there, theyve done it, they understand the league," said Maze. In this case they also understand that not everyone gets to play in three Grey Cups period, let alone in their first four years in the league. "I dont believe at all that I take it for granted, but its a pretty neat atmosphere when you expect that you can come here, you expect to win then you play through a season and you go through the ups and downs but you make it," said Chick. "Its pretty humbling." Nike Vapormax 97 Sale . - Their offence is underperforming. Air Max 270 React Discount . The Yankees made the moves before Tuesdays game against Baltimore. Robertson was listed retroactive to Monday. Robertson posted two saves in three games as the replacement for retired Yankees closer Mariano Rivera before getting hurt. http://www.brandshoescheaponline.com/who...hoes-china.html. Louis Cardinals pitcher Jaime Garcia will have surgery on his left shoulder this week and is expected to miss the rest of the season. Wholesale Nike Air Max China . It was just time for him to make a big play. Nicolas Batum had 20 points and 10 rebounds, Wesley Matthews scored 18 points, and the Trail Blazers overcame poor-shooting nights by two of their best players in a 94-90 victory over the New York Knicks on Wednesday. Fake Air Force 1 For Sale . Chris Heisey followed with a two-run triple and Billy Hamilton added an RBI double, all but sealing Cincinnatis fourth straight victory and seventh in eight games. Brandon Phillips, celebrating his 33rd birthday, hit a go-ahead homer in the ninth for the Reds before pinch-hitter Buster Posey tied it with an RBI double off hard-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman in the bottom half.The author of one of Canadas defining moments at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics is "99 per cent" certain hes retiring. Jon Montgomery, the gold-medal winning skeleton racer who celebrated his victory by chugging from a pitcher of beer handed to him by a fan, says his failed attempt to qualify for the Sochi Games will in all likelihood mark the end of his sliding career. "Im done. As a competitive athlete, this is the end of the road for me," Montgomery said in a telephone interview with The Canadian Press on Thursday, before later adding: "I would say 99 per cent of me is certain that I am done. "You wont see me (racing) next year or the year after and Im 99 per cent sure you wont see me trying to gain a spot for (the 2018 Winter Olympics in) Pyeongchang." The 34-year-old Montgomery was one of the stars of the Vancouver Games, memorably drinking from that pitcher on national television as he walked through a crowd of rabid Canadian fans in Whistler, B.C. But the Russell, Man., native struggled to find consistency on a new sled in the leadup to Sochi and missed out on a chance to defend his title in Russia. "Physically Im at the top of my game. Im going out faster than Ive ever been in my career but its a bit of a sacrifice to make sure that I dont get hurt," he said. "I dont know what sort of long-term damage Ive done to my brain but in terms of getting a concussion — which is a really distinct possibility, or a brain injury — I need to make the right choices based on my family." Montgomery said even had he made it to Sochi and topped the podium a second time, the emotions from Vancouver would have been difficult to repeat. "Nothing can ever replace your first Olympic gold medal," he said. "To have done that on home soil with friends and family and countrymen by my side ... you just cant top that." Although he wanted desperately to represent Canada again, Montgomery said hes been watching these Games intently. "Its the human drama that takes place in front of us every day during the Olympics," he said. "Its unbelievable. I enjoyed being part of it as an athlete and (enjoy) being part of it as a fan." Montgomery took the 2011-12 season off and found it difficult racing on the new sled he helped build from scratch when he returned to the track. He had used his previous sled for eight years, but felt it was necessary to go with new technology in order to defend his Olympic gold in Sochi. In the end, he never got that chance. "It was really frustrating because you had achieved a certain level of performance that you were used to being able to get back to week in and week out," said Montgomery. "Coonsistency is a huge part in our sport.dddddddddddd You have to be very athletic to push the sled, but its more of a game of skill and touch. "Its about that feel and that muscle memory, that finite muscle control, and thats what I was struggling with — to get that feel and that touch back to my sliding game." Montgomerys path to Sochi was always going to be difficult after he failed to earn one of the three mens spots on Canadas World Cup team. He instead raced on a lower circuit where point values for results are lower, but was promoted to the World Cup team in January. He needed at least a fourth-place finish in his final race to get a third Canadian sled into the Olympics, but wound up a heart-breaking seventh. That disappointment aside, Montgomery is adamant he did everything possible to give himself the best chance at success. "I can say until the day I die that there wasnt anything that we didnt address," he said. "I built a gym in my home garage with equipment that I felt was necessary for me to get quicker, bigger, faster, stronger and that paid off. "With the equipment development end of things, unfortunately we didnt realize the goals that we had set for ourselves — we fell a little bit short. "It was mostly timing. An opportunity to get comfortable with the equipment that wed built was really where we fell short. But as far as making the choices and decisions we made, zero regrets." Montgomery became somewhat of a folk hero after the 2010 Games and was in Calgary on Thursday to promote Proctor & Gambles "Thank You, Mom" campaign for the 2014 Olympics. He and his mother, Joan, starred in a video highlighting how she helped him through some tough times early in his career prior to the Olympic gold medal. She played a similar role again when her son failed to qualify for Sochi. "My mom was there to help me pick myself up and move on with some purpose and dedication towards what happens next in life," said Montgomery, who hosted the first season of CTVs "Amazing Race Canada" last year and has signed on again for a second instalment that begins shooting in the spring. That television career will keep Montgomery in the public eye, but he will likely always be known as the Canadian Olympic champion who chugged beer with a gold medal around his neck. "Lots of great memories, lots of good friends and a lot of pride in what we were able to accomplish for ourselves as individuals and for us as a country," he said. "I havent given a formal (retirement) announcement. "I havent gone to a press conference and cried like Wayne Gretzky yet, but if that day comes Ill probably do that too." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz