Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 117 mal aufgerufen
 Das Forum
zhanjiao1212 Offline

15.04.2019 08:32
outings. If hes around here healthy Antworten

Frisco, TX (SportsNetwork. Wholesale Jerseys For Cheap .com) - Just down the road from the FCS championship game, theres a certain playoff about to wrap up Monday night that surely has some catching up to do to whats been going on in the other half of Division I college football. Even Jerry Jones, whose Cowboys Stadium in Arlington will be hosting Ohio State and Oregon for the FBS championship game, might have to agree the 24-team playoffs on the FCS level have a little something on the four-team College Football Playoff. Even if North Dakota State keeps winning the FCS title, as it did Saturday with a 29-27 victory over Illinois State. The thrilling matchup of Missouri Valley Conference teams was an excellent advertisement for the playoff system. In the FCS, it dates to 1978. Well, yeah, I think a playoff could work, and we like what we have in FCS, NDSU coach Chris Klieman said. We have 24 teams and you get a true champion because youve got to win a number of games in consecutive weeks. But I dont know if theyll ever do that at that level of having how many teams, is it four, is it eight, so on. But no, its fun to have a true champion, and we crowned two champions today. We crowned a true Missouri Valley champion today and a national champion today. I think that with the playoff system, added Bison running back John Crockett, I think thats something that they really should look deeply into because at the end of the day when you go to school, you dont want to be just another player. You dont want to be just another school. I feel like at the end of a football season, its either youre the best or youre just amongst the rest. I feel like at the end of the day, if you want to hold your finger up and say, were the best team in the nation, hands down, playoffs, its perfect, because a bowl game cant -- like TCU, they played great, and other teams didnt play so well. I think that they really need to think about that because look at this, this is amazing, great atmosphere, and you know at the end of the day whos No. 1. Interestingly, Illinois State coach Brock Spack feels differently from his championship game brethren. He doesnt see a need for the FBS playoff to expand beyond four teams. Spack coached on the higher level of Division I for two decades and values the bowl games as well as the playoffs. The bowl scenario I think works for them, he said. I think the plus-one or whatever youre calling this is interesting. I think it seems like its a very good equation because I dont think they would have picked the two teams that theyre going to play Monday night. I really like the playoff scenario. Its unique to our level football. Ive really enjoyed it. I dont think for - this is just my opinion, that they should get away from the bowl scenario. I think thats unique to that level, and maybe four teams is the magic number. Im not in that position to make that decision or really have an opinion. It seems to be working out very well. Will they go to six or eight or whatever? I think youve got to be careful with that, particularly with these unprofessional players. Youre talking about academics, and were trying to reduce the risk of injury, and obviously the more games you play, the more you expose these guys to injury. FCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME STORY North Dakota State (15-1) 29, Illinois State (13-2) 27 http://tinyurl.com/lfubljh GAME BALLS Offense - NDSU quarterback Carson Wentz might stand 6-foot-6, but he has both mobility and the ability to improvise under pressure. The championship games most outstanding player completed 15-of-22 pass attempts for 237 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 87 yards on 16 carries, including the game-winning touchdown as well as a fumble at the end of a 23-yard run in the first quarter. Defense - NDSUs starting trio of linebackers led their team in tackles as Carlton Littlejohn had eight solo tackles, Esley Thornton had six stops as well as a late-game interception to seal the win, and Nick DeLuca had six more tackles. For Illinois State, defensive tackle Brandon Prate had eight solo tackles, including a sack and two tackles for loss. Special Teams - So senior Adam Keller finally didnt convert a PAT after NDSU took the late 29-27 lead. He deserved a little slack despite the blocked kick as he had made 117 PATs in a row. He kicked two 41-yard field goals and a 24- yarder to reach an FCS single-season record 29 field goals, and he added two PATs in an 11-point game. IN MEMORIAL Illinois State players wore a red-and-white commemorative decal with the number 65 on their helmet to honor John Rodgers, the father of Eastern Washington senior All-America offensive tackle Jake Rodgers. John Rodgers suffered a heart attack in the stands during the FCS quarterfinal game between Illinois State and EWU on Dec. 13 and passed away two weeks later. Members of the Redbirds team found it difficult to celebrate after the win considering what happened during the game and wanted to express their support of both the Rodgers and EWU families. In another sign of sportsmanship, the NDSU and Illinois State players not involved in the pregame coin toss walked out on the field to shake hands with each other. It was a sign of mutual respect between two teams from the same conference. CONFERENCE SCOREBOARD The Missouri Valley set an FCS single-season record with its 10 playoff wins, two more than the previous high. The combined records of the 11 FCS conferences that participate in the playoffs: Missouri Valley (five qualifiers) - 10-4 (.714) CAA Football (four) - 4-4 (.500) Southland (three) - 3-3 (.500) Big South (two) - 2-2 (.500) Big Sky (three) - 2-3 (.400) Patriot (one) - 1-1 (.500) Southern (one) - 1-1 (.500) MEAC (one) - 0-1 (.000) Northeast (one) - 0-1 (.000) Pioneer (one) - 0-1 (.000) Ohio Valley (two) - 0-2 (.000) IN THE HUDDLE SCOREBOARD Championship Game Record: 1-0 (1.000) Season Record: 645-193 (.770) Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys .com) - James van Riemsdyk had two goals with one assist to help the Toronto Maple Leafs to a 5-2 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday night. Cheap Jerseys From China . -- Two nights after losing to the Eastern Conferences worst team, the Phoenix Coyotes handled the best. http://www.nflchinajerseys.top/ . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign. MINNEAPOLIS -- After a rough first two innings, Nick Tepesch settled down and cruised through another quality outing to help the Texas Rangers stay hot. Tepesch won his second consecutive start, Elvis Andrus and Chris Gimenez each had two RBIs, and the Rangers beat the Minnesota Twins 7-2 on Monday afternoon. Tepesch (2-0) gave up both his runs in the first two innings before lasting 6 2-3. He struck out four to win consecutive starts for the first time in his career. "Thats one of the things that made me successful today, to be able to put the first two innings behind me," Tepesch said. "Treat each inning as a new inning." Alex Rios added two more hits and now has six straight multi-hit games. The Rangers have won three straight and five of six after a rough start to the season. "Early in the season everything didnt go the way we wanted it to," Andrus said. "At the same time, we still trust in each other and we knew theres a lot of baseball left. Everyone is feeling well right now as a team." Trevor Plouffe homered and Eduardo Escobar had two hits and an RBI for the Twins, who have lost four in a row since climbing two games over .500 on May 21. After Kevin Correia (2-6) set down nine straight, Roughned Odor and Shin-Soo Choo lined back-to-back two-out singles in the fifth. Andrus followed with a double to the gap in left-centre that scored both runners and broke a 2-all tie. "Its two-out hits. Thats been the theme this season," Correia said. "That one pitch or two pitches a game, you make that one pitch and its a world of difference." Gimenez made it 6-2 with a two-run double down the line in left in the eighth off reliever Jared Burton and Texas was on its way to another win. "We just got off to a bad start," Texas manager Ron Washington said. "Im so happy that were finally putting it together as a group." Minnesota had its opening day outfield back together for the first time since the first week of the season. Josh Willingham and Oswaldo Arcia were activated from the disabled list after Sundays game and started alongside centre-fielder Aaron Hicks. But the re-enforcements werent enough to overcome Tepesch, whoo didnt allow a runner past second base after the second inning. Stitched NFL Jerseys. Twins manager Ron Gardenhire knows it might take a few more at-bats before Willingham and Arcia are able to help lift Minnesotas struggling offence. "That can be a huge part of it, driving the baseball and let them get a few at-bats here," Gardenhire said. "It takes a little time, a little different pitching up here than down there." Tepesch dominated Triple-A Round Rock after getting demoted in spring training and has a 2.95 ERA in three big-league starts since being recalled May 14. "Hes shown these three starts what hes capable of doing," Washington said. "But you cant hang your hat on a couple of outings. If hes around here healthy, hes going to get many outings. I just want him to be consistent." Hicks, a career switch-hitter, informed manager Ron Gardenhire before the game that he has decided to only hit from the right side. The struggling prospect is hitting .250 right-handed compared to .149 from the left side. He had two singles Monday. Two replay reviews went against the Twins. Arcia slided into third after a botched play in the outfield in the first, but a review showed third-baseman Adrian Beltre tagging him before his foot reached the base. Gardenhire challenged an out call at first on Willinghams dribbler down the line in the sixth, but the call stood. NOTES: Hicks told Gardenhire before the game he had no confidence swinging from the left side. "He came to me this morning and said he wants to hit right-handed. So, obviously, when a guy has no confidence left-handed, you gotta do what you gotta do," Gardenhire said. ... This was Ron Washingtons 1,186th game as Rangers manager, tied with Bobby Valentine for most in franchise history. ... Texas P Tanner Scheppers, out since April 18 with elbow inflammation, had his first rehab outing on Saturday with Double-A Frisco and will make three more with Triple-A Round Rock before being eligible to return on June 3. ... Choo hopes to return to left field on Tuesday after DHing the last two games with a sore left ankle. ... Phil Hughes (5-1, 3.15 ERA) will try for his fifth consecutive win on Tuesday against the Rangers Yu Darvish (4-2, 2.35). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz