Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 150 mal aufgerufen
 Das Forum
zhanjiao1212 Offline

15.04.2019 08:32
were cheering for the players Antworten

SAN DIEGO -- Tyson Ross didnt look like an All-Star when he walked five batters in the first three innings, the same number he had walked in his previous five starts combined. NFL Jerseys Wholesale . The lanky right-hander worked through his uncharacteristic wildness and pitched the San Diego Padres to a 3-1 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Tuesday night. "Just find a groove. The defence was back there making plays. Just find a way to get outs," said Ross, a first-time All-Star this year. Jedd Gyorko singled in Yangervis Solarte with the go-ahead run with two outs in the sixth inning, and Solarte later added an insurance home run. Ross won his third straight start, holding St. Louis to one run and four hits in six innings. He struck out seven, including fanning the side in his last inning. It was the eighth time Ross (10-10) went six-plus innings and allowed two or fewer runs, the second-longest such streak in the majors. And he did it Tuesday night after struggling with his fastball command. "It was just one of those days where I didnt have it and I had to battle out there," he said. "Hes been so good over the last couple of months, especially this month," manager Bud Black said. "He was just a little bit out of sync, especially with the fastball early, and the harder he tried to reel it in, the tougher it was. ... He did right the ship, but very uncharacteristic, the five walks, especially early in the game." Gyorko returned Monday from a 44-game stay on the disabled list with plantar fasciitis. His run-scoring single to left off Lance Lynn came just as it seemed the Padres would strand two runners. After Solarte and Seth Smith walked, Will Venable popped a bunt to catcher A.J. Pierzynski -- the Padres second botched bunt in as many innings -- and Yonder Alonso flied out to left. Solarte, obtained from the New York Yankees in the Chase Headley trade, homered into the short porch in right with two outs in the seventh. It was his second with the Padres and eighth overall. Joaquin Benoit pitched the ninth for his third save in as many opportunities and second since Huston Street was traded to the Angels on July 18. Lynn (11-8) allowed two runs, one earned, and four hits in six innings. He struck out six and walked three. "You hate to lose a game that way when you are throwing the ball well and thinking you are making good pitches. But it just wasnt my night." Lynn said. TRAINERS ROOM Padres: Right-hander Ian Kennedy, who missed his scheduled start because of a left oblique strain, is scheduled to throw on the side Wednesday. ... Right-hander Andrew Cashner, on the disabled list with shoulder soreness, is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Wednesday. He last threw on Sunday in Atlanta and didnt report any discomfort. ON DECK Cardinals: Right-hander Joe Kelly (2-1, 3.90) makes his first career start against Padres. Padres: Right-hander Jesse Hahn (6-2, 2.12) is 6-1 with a 1.47 ERA since June 14, with 46 strikeouts against 17 walks. MISCUES The Cardinals had three errors, including second baseman Kolten Wongs overthrow on Riveras grounder in the third that led to an unearned run. "Kong just had one sail on him but obviously that one hurt," manager Mike Matheny said. "We are having trouble scoring runs and facing good pitching. Weve got do the little things right and today we didnt necessarily do that." WOOF It was Dog Days of Summer at Petco Park, so the Padres had Olympic slopestyle silver medallist Gus Kenworthy throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Kenworthy gained fame for adopting four stray puppies and their mother he found during the Sochi Games. After throwing the first pitch, he did a flip. Cheap Jerseys From China . First reported by FOX Sports Ken Rosenthal, its unknown if the impetus for the deferral proposal came from players or management, but it never left the preliminary stages. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic . LOUIS -- The Tampa Bay Rays have placed right-handed pitcher Joel Peralta on the 15-day disabled list with an undisclosed illness. http://www.jerseysnflcheapchina.com/ .com) - Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer were among the third-round winners Friday at the French Open.LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers said he declined a chance to speak with owner Donald Sterling, who is alleged to have made racist comments in a recorded conversation. "I was asked, do I need to talk with Donald, and I passed, quite honestly," Rivers said Monday. "I dont think right now is the time or the place, for me, at least. I just took a pass." Sterling is purported to have told a woman not to bring black people to his games or associate with them. "Yeah, I believe he said those things. But I still want to make sure," Rivers said during a conference call. "As far as believing those things? I heard what he said. Until someone tells me differently, you usually listen to what people say. I havent given him his due process. I havent given him an opportunity to explain himself and quite honestly right now I dont want him to. I want to wait for that further judgment." The coach cancelled practice Monday, a day after a 118-97 loss to the Golden State Warriors that evened their playoff series at 2-2. "I just felt like they needed to breathe. Theyve been inundated with this," Rivers said. Still, he said pretty much the entire team was at the clubs practice facility. "Ill go down and say hi to them and talk to them, make sure theyre in the right place. Right now its more than basketball. This is a non-basketball decision that I thought I had to make and I thought it was right decision. If you get your life better, then you can probably do your work better. They need to do that." Game 5 is Tuesday night in Los Angeles. "These last 48 hours or so have been really hard for our players and everyone," Rivers said. "Id just like to reiterate how disappointed I am in the comments attributed to our owner. I cant tell you how upset I am, our players are." Warriors coach Mark Jackson suggested that Clippers fans should boycott the game. "I believe iif it was me, I wouldnt come to the game," Jackson said. China Jerseys Cheap. "I believe the fans, the loudest statement that they can make as fans is to not show up to the game. ... To me, it will make the noise of it not being tolerated. That this is a different time. Its unfortunate, and we cannot allow someone with these feelings to profit." Rivers said he knew Jackson was speaking from his heart and that everyone has their opinion. "I dont share that. I hope its packed and people are cheering for us, the players. And they were cheering for the players before this happened. But if they feel differently, who can say theyre wrong? And Im not the one thats going to say that, I can tell you that." Rivers said its still to be determined whether he or a player will address the crowd. "Again, we dont know the right answer," Rivers said. "We want to do right here. We want to make the best decisions here. If we feel thats something will help our fans, then it will be done. If we feel its something they dont need, we wont do it. The tickets have already been sold. The fans, theyre in a dilemma as well. We want them to cheer for their players and their team. Because its still their players and their team, and it will be their players and their team. I think from what I get from the fans Ive heard from, thats how they feel, like, This is my team, these are my players Im cheering for, and thats not going to change. I hope that continues." Rivers said the controversy has been tough on his players. "What other players are going through Should I be playing thoughts in the middle of a playoff series? I sympathize for my players. They didnt sign on for this. Yet here they are and theyre in the middle of it and they have to deal with it. They didnt do anything wrong and theyre in the middle of it, and they didnt ask to be. I feel terrible for them. Im going to try to do whatever I can to make them OK." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz