Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 - Ankündigungen -
carrie201918 Offline

30.04.2019 09:13
INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- Although Juan Manuel Marquez rarely acts his age in the ring, the 40-year-old welterweight turned back the Antworten

INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- Although Juan Manuel Marquez rarely acts his age in the ring, the 40-year-old welterweight turned back the clock to a specific time and place while he battered Mike Alvarado. Under the spotlights, the smoke and the deafening cheers, Marquez was once again the king of the Forum ring, returning in grand style to the refurbished arena for one more celebration of his brilliance and longevity. Marquez won a clear unanimous decision over Alvarado on Saturday night, dominating in the Forums first boxing card in 13 years. "I wanted to give the public here a gift," the four-division champion said afterward while a pro-Marquez crowd roared its approval. "A gift that dignifies the history of this event and the history of the Forum. I wanted to make this fight a gift for the fans." Marquez (56-7-1) dismantled Alvarado with 12 rounds of technical brilliance and vicious power, knocking down Alvarado in the eighth round and bouncing back from his own ninth-round knockdown to finish strong, even staggering Alvarado right before the final bell. Judges Max DeLuca and Julie Lederman scored it 117-109 for Marquez, and Robert Byrd favoured him 119-108. The Associated Press also scored it 117-109 for Marquez, giving him 10 of the 12 rounds. Marquez improved to 13-0 at the Forum, the former featherweight prospects regular home during the late 1990s. Although he once lived in Anaheim, Marquez hadnt fought in California since his last Forum bout in 1999, and thousands of his local fans turned out to support arguably the greatest Mexican fighter of his generation. The win sets up Marquez for a fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao in the fall in Macau, if Marquez wants it. His knockout victory over Pacquiao in December 2012 was the crowning moment of his career, but the money might compel him to add a fifth chapter to their rivalry. "Well relax first," Marquez said. "I dont know at the moment, but any decision we make will be good for me, good for my family and good for the Mexican fans." Alvarado (34-3) never got rolling in his second straight defeat, struggling to land any major shots beyond the right that sent Marquez to the canvas. "It was a bad experience being in there with a legend," Alvarado said. "I was warming up a little bit too much before I started getting off. It was on me, but it was a great fight." Marquez, who made $1.4 million, showcased the roots of his success against Alvarado, whose apparent fear of Marquezs famed counterpunching left him waiting for Marquez to clobber him. Marquez outlanded Alvarado in 11 rounds, connecting with 44 per cent of his 627 punches. His power shots were even more devastating, landing 57 per cent to just 34 per cent for Alvarado. Marquez was in charge from the opening rounds. With Alvarado sitting back and waiting, Marquez pounded him to the body and pulped the left side of his face, opening a cut under his eye in the middle rounds. "Thats the kind of fighter I am. I like wars," Alvarado said. "Thats how he exploited me, but thats how I fight." Marquez knocked down Alvarado with a counter right hand in the final seconds of the eighth, sending Alvarado sliding under the ropes and nearly off the canvas into the photographers. Alvarado recovered after the bell, and he knocked down Marquez with a double right hand early in the ninth, stunning the crowd. But the shot only seemed to enrage Marquez, who landed big combinations for the rest of the round. Alvarados face was swollen with damage under both eyes in the final rounds. Alvarado wobbled Marquez again in the 11th round, but Marquez kept his feet and finished to a standing ovation. Marquez took a split-decision loss to Timothy Bradley last fall in his first fight since his victory over Pacquiao, but he was back on top in the heralded return of boxing to the Forum, the former home of the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Kings. The Forum was a boxing hotbed for 30 years, hosting Muhammad Alis second fight with Ken Norton along with dozens of fight nights promoted by the late Lakers owner Jerry Buss. "It was a very entertaining fight, and the thing that really thrills me is its a great fight to come back to the Forum with," Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said. "So many years ago, there were so many nights at the Forum when we had fights like this." Alvarado hadnt fought since Ruslan Provodnikov stopped him last fall. Alvarado moved away from his native Denver to the Los Angeles area in preparation for this bout, determined to avoid the pitfalls lurking in his hometown. Jeff Skinner Jersey . The thinking at the time was Clowney could have already been promised he would be selected first overall by the Houston Texans, therefore negating any need to meet with any other teams. The plot took another twist this week. Buffalo Sabres Jerseys . Mike Babcock has turned to the Montreal Canadiens goalie over Roberto Luongo, who backed Canada to a gold medal in Vancouver in 2010, for Canadas final preliminary round game against the ailing Finns. http://www.officialsabresfanstore.com/au...res-jersey/.com) - Longtime Senators star Daniel Alfredsson returned to Ottawa on Thursday to officially announce his retirement. Thomas Vanek Jersey . And yet as they left TD Garden amid the slush and snow of a winter storm on Thursday evening, there was a sense among the Leafs that they had finally stood toe to toe with their long-time bully, only to fall just short. Custom Buffalo Sabres Jerseys . MacArthur scored two goals, and the Senators outlasted Detroit in a testy third period to beat the Red Wings 4-2 on Saturday night.Gilmore Junio has decided to take one for the team, giving up his spot in Wednesdays 1000-metre speed skating final for Canadian teammate Denny Morrison. The three-time Olympian Morrison failed to qualify at the 1,000 distance at the Olympic trials in Calgary last month, falling just 50 metres short of the finish. But Junio, who finished 11th on Monday in his Olympic debut in the mens 500, said Tuesday its the right thing to do. “How Denny is skating now, I believe its in the best interest of the team if he races,” Junio said in a statement released by Speed Skating Canada. “To represent Canada at the Olympics is a huge honour and privilege but I believe that as Canadians, were not just here to compete; we are here to win. Denny has proven to be a consistent medal threat in the distance.” Its true Morrison is a contender at 1,000. Hes currently sixth in the World Cup standings at the distance, with a pair of fourth place finishes. In the past, hes won two silver medals at the world championships in the 1,000. The 28-year-old Fort St. John, B.C., native will try to win his first individual Olympic medal. Hes won gold and silver the last two Olympics as part of Canadas team pursuit. “This is an amazing gesture and Im ready to make the most of this opportunity,” Morrison said. Shani Davis of the United States will be gunning for another groundbreaking achievement in Wednesdays 1,000 metre race. Davis, 31, can become the first man ever to win three consecutive Olympic gold medals in speed skating, and the first American to do three straight in any Winter Gamees sport.dddddddddddd The Chicago native, who trained extensively at the Calgary Oval earlier this century, became the first African American to win Olympic gold in an individual Winter Games sport in 2006. Since then, hes set the world record at 1,000 and holds the top 10 sea level times at the distance. Given that Davis has twice won Olympic gold at 1,000 but has settled for silver twice in the 1,500, you might expect him to be more desirous of grabbing gold at the longer distance. Not so. "Those are my babies, man. I cant love one more than the other," he told The Associated Press last week. "Ive got two hands for two medals." Davis has shown signs of mortality in recent weeks. After winning the first three World Cup races at 1,000 this season, he finished third in December in Berlin to 2010 Olympic silver medallist Tae-Bum Mo of South Korea and Michel Mulder of the Netherlands. Last month, he split two races at the world sprint championships in January with Denis Kuzin of Kazakhstan. Other medal contenders include Dutch competitor Kjled Nuis and Brian Hansen, like Davis from the Chicago area. Three other Canadians join Morrison in Wednesdays race. William Dutton of Humboldt, Sask., and Muncef Ouardi each skated in the 500 metres on Monday. Dutton impressed at the sprint worlds Japan last month with a fourth place showing, although some of the worlds best elected not to travel to Japan. Vincent De Haître of Cumberland, Ont., will make his Olympic debut. The 19-year-old surprised many at the Olympic trials by posting the fastest time at 1,000. Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Authentic Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys China Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Dortmund Jerseys Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys Cheap USWNT Jerseys China Cheap France Jerseys Cheap Mexico Jerseys Wholesale Germany Jerseys Cheap Belgium Jerseys Cheap Brazil Jerseys Colombia Jerseys From China Wholesale England Jerseys Wholesale France Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Wholesale Italy Jerseys Cheap Mexico Jerseys Cheap Portugal Jerseys Cheap South Africa Jerseys Wholesale Spain Jerseys Wholesale France Jerseys Wholesale Germany Jerseys Wholesale Mexico Jerseys Wholesale Colombia Jerseys Cheap Belgium Jerseys Authentic Cheap Brazil Jerseys Cheap Argentina Jerseys Authentic Cheap Spain Jerseys Cheap Belgium Jerseys China Cheap Mexico Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz